What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco/perlite bed grow

pico

Veteran
brain- I like the numbers :) One of these days I will get some numbers with 1000w lights in the super sun 2 at greater distances.

in vino veritas- 5 ps per 2k....very nice....now I have a goal!

jahkaya- here are some pictures of the front and back of AC unit. I have it mounted in an insulated wall I built inside a larger room. The heat from the back of the AC just dissipates in the larger room and no special ducting is needed in my setup.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
In the first pic is that a passive intake or is that an exhaust for the carbon scrubber? Just curious as I am trying to figure out how your room setup. If you have more pictures I would be very intersted in seeing them. Thanks and nice room!

TGT

pico

Veteran
TGT- That is the intake for my vented reflectors. 8" splits in to two 6" insulated ducts that each vent 4 reflectors. Goes back to 8" and then sucked out with a Elicent 8" inline fan. So no air in the grow room is actually exchanged. The heat from the AC unit and the aircooling of the lights just all goes in to the larger room. To seal the room I am using 1" rigid foam insulation (polyisocyanurate?) and spray foam to seal the cracks. That picture is actually 5 pictures stitched together, I can't get that whole wall in a single shot. I still didn't get whole wall, but I got most of it. There is another 5-7 feet down on the right that you can't see.

Anyways these photos show more of the room. Taken during multiple different time periods so they are not any one grow.

600w lights, dehumidifier, AC, wall fans, CO2 monitor/controller, digital repeat cycle timer, sulphur burner

co2 generator

Santa Fe 100 pint dehumidifier

ballast mounted with bolts and then strapped for safety.

four 600w ballasts mounted on wall outside room

600w lights with insulated duct

view looking at the four 1000w section of the room and you can just barely see the 600w side of the room .

1000w ballasts outside of room

50 amp subpanel

40 amps @ 240 are on a water heater timer switching the lights on and off.

four 1000w lights all insulated 6" ducting.

neptune- Yeah outdoor did well this year. Must have been well for a lot of people because I hear the prices are around 2300 for killer outdoor. Probably much less in quantity. Blue skunk strain seems to be better outdoor than indoors, really gets colorfull towards the end of the season and nights are cold.

G

gdawg

tight work pico. does that dehuey exhaust heat into your room? your tree canopt looks awesome bro.

rooted

blue skunk looks awesome pico :yes: your grows are always a pleasure :D

what ec do you run the floranova at?

N

Neptune

i hear ya pico, it almost aint worth doing outdoor anymore in CA, unless you got a 1 acre safe yard and can expect 20+ lbs. The problem with doing outdoor on your property, if you are running indoor, is that it is a big red flag. Running indoor and outdoor in the same spot can make you real nervous and paranoid ;/

1 nosey neighbor runnin his mouth to friends, and pretty soon you have to point a gun at some mother****er with a wild hair up his ass.

Dalton

Awesome stuff Pico.. Ive been digging through your threads today and reading. I'm really impressed thanks for putting it all up!

chosen

Veteran
Looking good Pico... I 'm playing around with some coco chips in my aero. I'm thinking about trying a small coco/perlite flood and drain system. Love the NOva....

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Biggity Bump! Never seen one of your threads since I never really cared about HID grows but dam!!! You are a fucking beast for real!!!