What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Project EDEN - the COCO-COOP

murciano207

hello bone, you have pics of your Super Silver Haze x Pine Tar Kush blooming in the murcia sun?

hola bone, tienes alguna foto de esas Super Silver Haze x Pine Tar Kush florecida bajo sol murciano?

espero que hayas encontrado curro ya....cuando quieras quedamos y echamos unos porros....y hablamos de genetica.....

B

bonecarver_OG

hi all :D im alive still :D hehe and im still growing my SSH/PTK cut....

cloneman - thanks man - same to you, even if im almost a year late!

murciano - search on cannabis cafe and you will find....

B

bonecarver_OG

i should take the time here and finally tell the story about how one of my crosses won the ICMAG SATIVA CUP :)

many years ago i recieved the core cut from my friend hazeventura. i used it for several years and i did many crosses with it. one of the crosses was using a few very nice SSH/PTK males to dust the amazing AMNESIA HAZE (core cut) - the result has a lot of variation in bud size, aromas but the potency is VERY high. some of the phenos with smallest nugs of this cross are extremely potent.

i gifted a bunch of these sees to my friend hazeventura. many years later he entered the icmag cannabis cup with a cut of the seeds he grew out, and he ended up winning it. i really didnt want to take away anything from his moment of glory, so i decided to wait a few years to tell the whole story behind that cross.

have fun!

B

bonecarver_OG

the picture of my cross haze ventura grew and won the cup with

picture.php

C

CannaBuilding

Nice nugs mate, good to see your still around, this thread inspired me to go with coco long ago when it was started.

Keep up the good work mate, thanks to people like your self we have some amazing strains flying around, and we all appreciate it.

Peace, and happy growing :)

B

bonecarver_OG

the nugs on the pic are the ones HAZEVENTURA grew and won with. they sure look awesome :)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are really interesting looking flowers. I bet that stuff has some spice to it. Doesn't produce real thick, but a little goes a long way! :smoke:

B

bonecarver_OG

yeah man, but it actually produces quite a good yield on most phenos, but interestingly enough its the phenos with smallest clusters of calyx that has impressed me the most when it comes to potency. :)

B

bonecarver_OG

Nice one, glad to see you back!

Interesting about the pinehaze, finding out I had something to do with it from my cross from 10 years ago....

Take care
C

indeed! i used the seeds you made to make an f2 generation dusting the F1 keeper pheno, and out of those seeds i used males to dust a LOT of different crosses i liked :D a lot of them turned out nice, the Core cut (Amnesia Haze) is one of them :D

Peace all :D

B

bonecarver_OG

transplanted the clones and moved them to the veg setup... also i prepared the flowering area, even though it will take at least one month more before i can flower them..

B

bonecarver_OG

thanks man! i made the cross but that cut was grown out by haze ventura :D

--------

grow.log

clones are vegging nicely.. should be big enough to cut clones from them within a few weeks.. and then put these ones to flower.. :D

im waiting for the outdoor harvest.. i got 9 plants together with a friend :D should be nice yield this year :D :D

peace all!!

B

bonecarver_OG

one week left to the outdoor harvest :) 50% of 9 plants :D :D :D :D ,,,, it nice to do coops sometimes !

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
From Stones to Coco

From Stones to Coco

I have a spin on this for hydro, specifically bubble then F & D

My standard method consisted of using a 3" net pot into which I insert a super starter cube with cracked seed. I then side-filled with small polished ornamental stoned (Dollar Store). While this works fine, the developing roots follow the path of least resistance to get at the nutes/water, through the stones out the BOTTOM of the net pot

IMO, more roots coming out the sides should mean a sturdier plant, and perhaps one that can consume a lot more nutrients per feeding

I decided to replace the stones with coco, but need to contain the cc as the net pots rest at the water line in my DIY Bubbler. I used coffee filters for containment, but my hydro store gave me some 3" preformed coco inserts (SWEET) which I am looking forward to next time

Pardon the out of focus pic,
but the side growth is obvious

I'm a believer

View attachment 337658 View attachment 337659 View attachment 337660