What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this new bong any good??

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

better stay away from silicone ice molds Hubbleman. I bought a set of silicone ice cube trays and they impart a VERY profound odor/flavor of ice made in silicone, tasting just like that silicone smells.

PLUS wtf is it with silicone??? I took a few cubes out to put in plain water, after I realized the tray imparted a nasty fucking flavor I bagged the idea, BUT I left the unused cubes in the nasty tray in my freezer.... now here's the PLUS! 3 months later (I'm not using or touching that ice) the remaining cubes had vanished from that silicone tray completely... where the flock did they go???

I HAVE NEVER SEEN ICE CUBES VANISH FROM A FREEZER ON THEIR OWN.

Want ice cold hits??? Make ice w/o using silicone ice cube trays or buy your ice, stay away from silicone period.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

btw, @ $90 you're halfway there to buying a new ROOR bong, a bong you won't be needing to ask about (although something tells me you might do anyways).

Imagine, you'd like a cool toke, but you've got to wait for your bong to freeze... be much faster for you to go out n' buy some cubes to toss (gently) into your ROOR.

the newest shit isn't always the way to go.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I

Ignignokt

I always wondered how do people clean those fancy complicated glass bongs?

Seems like it would be a real hassle.... or it would just be an ugly fancy looking bong after a few uses.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I have several eyce silicone bongs, rigs, bowls, nectar collectors, etc.. except the mold.

The only time I have ever noticed a nasty taste is in the cheap cheap silicone bowls.
Never in an Eyce piece.
Also haven't used the silicone ice trays for ice. (I do use two of ice trays to keep all the glass stems and pieces in, so they won't get broke).
But never tasted nasty thru the water in bongs and rigs.

Everytime I have used ice in bong, it melts from the ice catcher into the bottom and eventually floods out cuz I have gone on to something else.

So what I do is found some re-freezable water filled plastic tubes that are made to fit into a two liter soda bottle.

When they melt, no flood no mess and you stick it back in the freezer for your next session.

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
As a glassblower, all i can say is BUY LOCAL GLASS!!1

No matter where in the world you sre, there will be glass made in your country or just across the border. Dont buy junk like that. Support someone trying to male a living through their art!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
As a glassblower, all i can say is BUY LOCAL GLASS!!1

No matter where in the world you sre, there will be glass made in your country or just across the border. Dont buy junk like that. Support someone trying to male a living through their art!

I respect that.

But at the same time:. I have broke every glass piece in the past 25 years.

Haven't broke one silicone piece out of the 30 odd pieces I have.

If you want to buy local by all means find a local blower to support.

If you want a piece that never breaks when it hits the ground, can be crammed into a bag, folded up, and the resin just slides of when you clean it: get silicone.

Take the biggest piece Eyce has:. Built in airtight storage container in the bottom. It's a great vacation piece. Holds in the smell of the dank. And I can cram it into my suitcase, no fear of breaking.

When glass blowers figure that out.. I might switch back.

I do have a couple pieces of glass that haven't broke yet. But they have little silicone bands to absorb the shock of a drop.

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

better stay away from silicone ice molds Hubbleman. I bought a set of silicone ice cube trays and they impart a VERY profound odor/flavor of ice made in silicone, tasting just like that silicone smells.

PLUS wtf is it with silicone??? I took a few cubes out to put in plain water, after I realized the tray imparted a nasty fucking flavor I bagged the idea, BUT I left the unused cubes in the nasty tray in my freezer.... now here's the PLUS! 3 months later (I'm not using or touching that ice) the remaining cubes had vanished from that silicone tray completely... where the flock did they go???

Want ice cold hits??? Make ice w/o using silicone ice cube trays or buy your ice, stay away from silicone period.......
lol. It's called sublimation. Put a cube on a plate and the same thing will happen.

Here's a thread about drying your bud in your freezer. Some people swear by it.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=186222

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

You've never seen ice cubes disappear from the tray?

Ice cubes must not last long in your house.

They "disappeared" because over time your modern freezer goes through defrosting cycles which brings the temperature of the freezer to above freezing to melt the frost. That water evaporates into the extremely dry air of the freezer. Then it sucks the moist air out of the freezer. Voila! No more frost.

The outer layer of the ice cubes also melt and evaporate during this process. So over time, they seem to disappear.

And there is nothing wrong with silicone ice trays. As long as you wash them before you first use it. I'd probably also try to avoid the cheap chinese ones and go for the expensive chinese ones.

shithawk420

Veteran
Oi vey.at that price there's absolutely no reason to get that piece of junk.ive broken all my glass except my gspot straight tube with the panzersplif tank joint.good bongs are hard to break.
Get an Ehle if they still make them or just get a roor with an ice catcher.dont get that silicone junk.trust me.i know my shit

shithawk420

Veteran
If we are talking about the taste and quality of smoke,a diffused Ash catcher with a diffused downstem on a straight bong is very hard to beat.im not crazy about the name but that bong I posted is handmade in Germany and is a fucking beast.you can go on their website and they hammer nails and break boards with it.the bong in the pic is mine btw.i dropped it many times.only thing that broke was the downstem.it needed to be replaced anyway

Hubbleman

Veteran
S4L don't be so negative, a friend of mine a mother of 3 recommended this bong :) cos all glass she had would get broken

Hubbleman

Veteran
By the way

I had a big G Spot bong, it would hit better than the Roor I had

picture.php

This was the g spot I had, she gave mean hits, only I could rip it without coughing!! All my friends would cough after a hit from that thing!

Last edited: