What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

caliprop215

Veteran
make sure you dig the surrounding area up a bit so and water a day or three prior to releasing the worms as loosening the soil will aid them re-establishing a home and the water makes tunneling easier with the soil broken up and damp it's a win/win. you won't lose as many worms to predators either due to the worms not having to tunnel through dry, compact soil. Good Luck!

P.S. don't forget some composted vegetative matter for the worms to eat.

Yea i was wondwring how i apply the worms thanks for the info. I plan on putting alfalfa ontop of the soil for the worms food amd all the leaves off the plants. The layer of alfalfa with protect the worms feom birds and other predators.. i going to do a mix night crawlers to dig deeper in the soil and red wigglers for top of soil.

caliprop215

Veteran
3x crazy growing nicley after the transplant 100 gallon holes

Attachments

• 20180516_180833.jpg
    20180516_180833.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180516_180837.jpg
    20180516_180837.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 19

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I know a marijuana growing forum might not be the proper setting but...

We should say I prayer(to whoever you pray to) for the parents and students in the Texas school shooting this morning. It's getting to be a normal thing in the USA every few mounths for this to happen

caliprop215

Veteran
I know a marijuana growing forum might not be the proper setting but...

We should say I prayer(to whoever you pray to) for the parents and students in the Texas school shooting this morning. It's getting to be a normal thing in the USA every few mounths for this to happen

Definatly praying for those kids and familys.

Its rediculous we have a average of 1 school shooting with somone injured or died OnCE A WEEK!!! For 2018. With over 50 children who have died in 2018.its becoming to common....its sad to see what our world is coming to

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man i wish i could wake up to that everyday. Lucky u bro

Yea if what went on below was a nice as the view. A lot of these appy community's are destroyed with poverty and drugs. On a better note I've got 75-100 seeds germinating of 8 different strains. I'm gonna have several grow logs going soon on these strains and much more!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 20

Satyros

Southern grower with a lot of clear sky/high UV here.

I have found that many kinds of plants get sunburn, and there are commercial preparations you can buy, based on Calcium Carbonate.

Cannabis is pretty sun-tolerant, but, last year, I found that top-dressed lime takes a few weeks to get going good. Calcium being the main thing the plant needs against the sun. If you face this kind of problem--any lack of calcium which makes the plant wither in sunlight--there is an overnight remedy.

Just fill a spray bottle with water and about 10% skim milk and spray away. If you don't use skim, the extra fat will gob up the spray.

This fixes lots of kinds of plants such as tomatoes, but it is non-mobile: it will not flow inside of the fruit and fix blossom end rot. But it makes leaves and stems come back to life pretty much instantly.

Obviously, pre-mixing the lime is a better plan, but if you get in a pinch with sunburn troubles, milk spray is incredible. It's said to be effective against Powdery Mildew, although I have not had that problem to try it on.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Im using Gypsum this year as a more readily available form of calcium (as well as sulfur) along with my dolomite lime this year in the soil. its 100 times more water soluble than limestone. Humic acid helps insoluble nutrients become more available to the plant as well.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Just popped some Northern Lights and Orange Grove today. Off to a late start but the weather has been weird this year.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Southern grower with a lot of clear sky/high UV here.

I have found that many kinds of plants get sunburn, and there are commercial preparations you can buy, based on Calcium Carbonate.

Cannabis is pretty sun-tolerant, but, last year, I found that top-dressed lime takes a few weeks to get going good. Calcium being the main thing the plant needs against the sun. If you face this kind of problem--any lack of calcium which makes the plant wither in sunlight--there is an overnight remedy.

Just fill a spray bottle with water and about 10% skim milk and spray away. If you don't use skim, the extra fat will gob up the spray.

This fixes lots of kinds of plants such as tomatoes, but it is non-mobile: it will not flow inside of the fruit and fix blossom end rot. But it makes leaves and stems come back to life pretty much instantly.

Obviously, pre-mixing the lime is a better plan, but if you get in a pinch with sunburn troubles, milk spray is incredible. It's said to be effective against Powdery Mildew, although I have not had that problem to try it on.

Yea that's a normal sky around he....it's around 9ish give or take before that mtn layer is outta here. It's rained for two weeks and been overcast....even when I was outside Sunday in overcast sky's I got sunburned. The UV has to be crazy around hère. It's almost like being at one of these beaches up the eastcoast, you get sun burned in overcast sky very easily if you don't watch.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Just popped some Northern Lights and Orange Grove today. Off to a late start but the weather has been weird this year.

Yea I'm starting to think in my area getting this later start has been a blessing.....lol I keep trying to convince myself. I dunno unless I'd started indoors in March and had 2ft tall plants to handle this May rain. It hard with seedlings/small plants. You gotta keep them out of this rain until there big enough to handle the rain

therevverend

Veteran
Instead of buying worm castings I checked Craig's list. Lots of people with free manure. All you have to do is haul it away.
When I stuck my shovel in the pile it came out almost solid worms. Not the kind of worms you find in your yard, those are not the good kind. These are red wiggly compost worms. Stick a few shovel fulls of that in your hole and you'll have castings all summer long.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Instead of buying worm castings I checked Craig's list. Lots of people with free manure. All you have to do is haul it away.
When I stuck my shovel in the pile it came out almost solid worms. Not the kind of worms you find in your yard, those are not the good kind. These are red wiggly compost worms. Stick a few shovel fulls of that in your hole and you'll have castings all summer long.

Great idea it definatly saves on the wallet !!!!

Satyros

Yea I'm starting to think in my area getting this later start has been a blessing.....lol I keep trying to convince myself. I dunno unless I'd started indoors in March and had 2ft tall plants to handle this May rain. It hard with seedlings/small plants. You gotta keep them out of this rain until there big enough to handle the rain

Also true. We started some outdoors in February, but yes, new seedlings vs. steady May rains...well, a few of them went splat. It's a lot easier to add water to a plant than remove it. Particularly in containers; we don't have the luxury to go in ground and produce tree-like plants.

Ibechillin's suggestion for Gypsum & Humic acid sounds helpful. Unfortunately, some of the things I say are based from a position of not being able to buy stuff and/or running up on emergencies. From that point of view, I can say you can use rabbit and goat manures without composting them. They are not incredibly strong or standardized, but, generally, rabbit approximates 2% Nitrogen for veg, goat is a bit less nitrogen but a few more trace minerals for flowering. Sounds like low numbers, but you can add a lot; they're not all that gross either. Other manures can burn plants like salt fertilizers; need several months to break down.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Also true. We started some outdoors in February, but yes, new seedlings vs. steady May rains...well, a few of them went splat. It's a lot easier to add water to a plant than remove it. Particularly in containers; we don't have the luxury to go in ground and produce tree-like plants.

Ibechillin's suggestion for Gypsum & Humic acid sounds helpful. Unfortunately, some of the things I say are based from a position of not being able to buy stuff and/or running up on emergencies. From that point of view, I can say you can use rabbit and goat manures without composting them. They are not incredibly strong or standardized, but, generally, rabbit approximates 2% Nitrogen for veg, goat is a bit less nitrogen but a few more trace minerals for flowering. Sounds like low numbers, but you can add a lot; they're not all that gross either. Other manures can burn plants like salt fertilizers; need several months to break down.

Yes Ibechillin has a lot of good info and ideas. He also study's everything or does it hands on...making a lot of his info very very good.

Don't feel bad it's rough trying to get supplies to grow with. I'm in a area I have to order everything. I'm 1.5 hrs to lowes or Walmart to get there products, which they usually don't have 10% the shit you need. So it takes me 3hrs to get that stuff lol. Some of my friends used to have horses.....but if he still had them he'd be like what you want horse shit for??? " you growing weed"?? Them every fuckin body knows what I'm doing and I risk security issues. So I'm buying castings and what I can afford to mix up to put my fem seeds into containers!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Order payed for May 9 KC Brains Cristal Limit 5 fem seeds from SEEDSMAN....and today it arrived, so very fast turnaround of this order ship to USA . Now the hard stuff, germing, getting seedlings grew to put outdoors!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 21

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Here Is a Link To A Huge List Of Items & Their general N-P-K
https://www.lundproduce.com/N-P-K-Value-of-Everything.html

Higher elevation and UV increases potency and terpene profile as well, Thc is used as a barrier against intense sunlight, Silicon also helps the plant to endure intense sunlight.

For reference (these will last quite awhile):

25lb bag of Down To Earth humic acid off ebay $30 with free shipping.
30lb bag of gypsum (Encap brand) from hardware $30.

I posted this the other day
Just wanted to mention there are alot of alternative (cheaper) sources for many different nutrient items. It doesnt have to be expensive to give your plant everything it could benefit from, some things are even dual purpose saving you money on insect and mildew/mold prevention.

Neem seed meal npk 6-1-2 is good veg food, as well as pest/mildew/mold repellant and can make foliar sprays.
Kelp Meal can also be used to make your own foliar sprays.

hardware/Farm/Feed stores are a great resource for amendments!

epsom salt 7lb bag $7 (Pennington brand)
Dolomite lime 40lb bag $3.00
82 brix molasses 1 gallon jug $10 (evolved habitats brand)
40lb bag Diatomaceous Earth with Calcium Bentonite $17.99 (Red Lake Earth brand)
50lb bag alfalfa pellets (npk 2-1-2 triacontanol hormone for branching) $12.99 (dumour brand)

Down To Earth brand amendments can be found a good deal cheaper than most grow stores and with free shipping from ebay.
If you know anyone with horses/chickens they will probably gladly let you clean the stalls out.

Some of my friends used to have horses.....but if he still had them he'd be like what you want horse shit for??? " you growing weed"?? Them every fuckin body knows what I'm doing and I risk security issues. So I'm buying castings and what I can afford to mix up to put my fem seeds into containers!!!

I have a 20x40 garden plot in my front yard that we utilize every year, ordering/collecting amendments and manure seems normal enough for me. Im also lucky my neighbors have chickens and dont smoke, A friend of mine made a career out of exotic and zoo animals, I worked with him for awhile and have access to reindeer, water buffalo, camel, horse, goat lol you name it manure!

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen

I feel like the weather has been getting really weird over the past several years. We've been having tons of rain lately so maybe starting late will be a good thing. I just hope my seedlings won't get smashed in a downpour. Also, the slugs and snails really come out when it's wet. The problems never end.