What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MKOB Kush aka kush mkob

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Peek at some mkob #7 and mkob x jager seedlings. Thanks Bradley! !! These are thick!

That's some good care it looks like your giving them. Looking super healthy :D

I've been working the jagar mkob for the last 6 months or so indoors. The original jagar does great outdoors but indoors it tends to hermie under hps lighting. So ive been attempting to find a more stable version for indoors.

What I noticed is in the jagar mkob crosses the sativa phenos have been stable indoors but the indica phenos hermie.

The jagar mkob bud has been turning out dank and smells kinda like a jagar pina colada. Its still being tested but I'll get some photos up in the next few weeks.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
My mkob stud tends to bring the flowering time down in longer flowering varieties and produces that super frosty Obama kush glaze on about 50% of its offspring. He's a hardy stud! He's got an indica stature like the mkob #2 but produces mostly sativa offspring. The mkob stud seems very resistant to stress, mold, and pests. Its very easy to keep him around as a father because he doesn't grow fast and doesn't mind being root bound in a pot. He's very photo sensitive and loves to pre flower but I keep him cleaned up :)

Aota1

Interesting leaf on a mkob #7! They're all in 1 gallon smart pots and doing great. Definitely seeing a couple variations of each.

Attachments

• 20170218_173625.jpg
    20170218_173625.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 18

Aota1

Mkob x jagar new growth
(I'll try for better picture quality next time )

Attachments

• 20170220_120202.jpg
    20170220_120202.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170220_120147.jpg
    20170220_120147.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 16

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
@aota1 those are looking really healthy bro! Is that 11 leaves on the mkob #7? Notice any stretchy sativa jagar mkobs? The way I grow the original jagar so it doesn't Hermy during breeding is I flower it under fluorescents. I think the fluorescent spectrum is less intense and that keeps the jager from hermying indoors.

Here is a photo of my mkob male:
picture.php

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Here are some trichome shots of mkob kush that I just grew indoors:

picture.php

picture.php

Here is some jager mkob before harvest the other day. It was grown by my buddy. Also note that its a limited edition pheno because I used a different mkob male. I crossed (mickey kush x Obama kush) x ( mickey kush x g13) and then I chose a mkob-mkg13 male to pollinate the jager with. At the time I hadn't made the jagar x mkob cross yet. It will be interesting how the mkob x jagar turns out without the g13 influence.

picture.php

picture.php

Elixir

Awesome closeups on the trich, they look extremely frosty! What kind of device do you use to get the closeups?

Aota1

@aota1 those are looking really healthy bro! Is that 11 leaves on the mkob #7? Notice any stretchy sativa jagar mkobs? The way I grow the original jagar so it doesn't Hermy during breeding is I flower it under fluorescents. I think the fluorescent spectrum is less intense and that keeps the jager from hermying indoors.

Here is a photo of my mkob male:
View Image
I am getting some 11's! Every one is at least putting out 9. Pretty stoked so far on the health and structures. Not seeing any stretchy jagar mkob's yet but we'll see. I gave half the seeds to my assistant manager aince he grows and has a bigger space for outdoors this year. I may stick to inside after last year's yard buds. They were great, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather focus on in where the hours of sun isn't an issue. So i may flower out whatever females I'm blessed with or keep the best mom of each and clone->flower. I'll keep you updated!

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I am getting some 11's! Every one is at least putting out 9. Pretty stoked so far on the health and structures. Not seeing any stretchy jagar mkob's yet but we'll see. I gave half the seeds to my assistant manager aince he grows and has a bigger space for outdoors this year. I may stick to inside after last year's yard buds. They were great, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather focus on in where the hours of sun isn't an issue. So i may flower out whatever females I'm blessed with or keep the best mom of each and clone->flower. I'll keep you updated!

That's impressive those 11 leaves! Cool, I hope you get blessed with many females :D. Thanks for the updates. Can't wait to see how they turn out for you and your assistant manager. What kind of indoor lighting do you have?

Aota1

Topped! I've topped/cloned 6 of 8 (waiting on 1 mkob7 and 1 mkob x jagar to grow up slightly) and they're looking good. There's a few with incredibly nice structure. I think in 3-4 weeks I'll switch to flower and cull any males along with it's counterpart top/clone. Then we'll see who my winners are and grow out their counterpart top/clone for mom purposes. Does this sound suitable bradley? I know i may have trouble with the jagar x's

(I'm just using a 600w hps right now, may adjust or add to it soon though)

Attachments

• 20170226_100017.jpg
    20170226_100017.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 14

Aota1

All topped and coming along. A couple are getting taller than the rest but there's lots of good structure and growth.

Attachments

• 20170301_162427.jpg
    20170301_162427.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20170306_121428.jpg
    20170306_121428.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 17

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Topped! I've topped/cloned 6 of 8 (waiting on 1 mkob7 and 1 mkob x jagar to grow up slightly) and they're looking good. There's a few with incredibly nice structure. I think in 3-4 weeks I'll switch to flower and cull any males along with it's counterpart top/clone. Then we'll see who my winners are and grow out their counterpart top/clone for mom purposes. Does this sound suitable bradley? I know i may have trouble with the jagar x's

(I'm just using a 600w hps right now, may adjust or add to it soon though)

Yeah that sounds good and Yeah the jagar crosses can Hermy indoors easily. I've seen it grown without hermying under LEDs and fluorescents but that's no guarantee.

Here is a photo of my jager x mkob-mkg13 keeper pheno. Were calling it Jager Schnitzel. She has micky kushes orange firey hairs on the outside and all purple on the inside. Smells like Obama kush berries with undertones of jager. It smokes like jager though. It has a lot of jager flavor.

Most importantly she did not Hermy when grown under hps lights indoors. I had two phenos that didn't Hermy. Both tall and stretchy. Then I had two Hermy that were both short and squatty.

picture.php

All topped and coming along. A couple are getting taller than the rest but there's lots of good structure and growth.

I just sexed some mkob #7 f2's. I got 5/7 females and 3/3 females on my mkob #2 f2's. On a side note I got 6/6 on the pineapple mkobs and 3/9 females from the gg4 mkobs. Pretty ironic considering my original Micky kush seeds were 1/10 female....

With the mkob #7 f2's I got some super short phenos but mostly medium tall phenos. Keep an eye out for the taller jager mkob phenos for the best chance of having no Hermie's when grown indoors.

Aota1

Haven't updated in a while. Long story short, had a house inspection 10 days ago, super cleaned and lined back wall of space with plants / stacked big boxes in front, all is well! Wasn't at home but had 2 weeks notice. Sexed 8 plants/4 mkob, 4 mkob x jagar. Got 4 females - 3 mkob 7 and 1 mkob x jagar. Culled males and counterpart clones. 10 days into flower.

Attachments

• 20170330_215745.jpg
    20170330_215745.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170330_215817.jpg
    20170330_215817.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Aota1

The front right is the mkob x jagar. I'll get better pictures of the two shorter one's in back

Last edited:

Aota1

Well it was bound to happen. Despite fair warning I continued flowering the mkob x jagar under a hps 600 and it hermed. Was the quickest budding and stoutest of the 4. Good thing is i have the top/rooted clone of it that's doing great. Outside is where she's meant to be! The 3 mkob 7's are budding up and moving forward.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Haven't updated in a while. Long story short, had a house inspection 10 days ago, super cleaned and lined back wall of space with plants / stacked big boxes in front, all is well! Wasn't at home but had 2 weeks notice. Sexed 8 plants/4 mkob, 4 mkob x jagar. Got 4 females - 3 mkob 7 and 1 mkob x jagar. Culled males and counterpart clones. 10 days into flower.
That's a decent ratio! Glad to hear you made it through the house inspection!

Well it was bound to happen. Despite fair warning I continued flowering the mkob x jagar under a hps 600 and it hermed. Was the quickest budding and stoutest of the 4. Good thing is i have the top/rooted clone of it that's doing great. Outside is where she's meant to be! The 3 mkob 7's are budding up and moving forward.

I wish you had more mkob x jagers to sample indoors!!! There are some phenos that won't Hermy... I'm glad you tried to flower it indoors though. You could have found a premium indoor pheno! She should love the outdoor though... Quick flowering traits you say, she might be an end of September pheno! That would be a righteous score too. I can't wait to see how she turns out. Your doing great :D. I could see about getting you a clone of my indoor jager mkob pheno if your interested.

Latest posts

Latest posts