What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CSI: HUMBOLDT - Mendocino Purple Urkle

ForTheLove

Veteran
Looking o' so sweet there billycw. Wish we had smell 'o' vision.
Need some of that mendo grape funk man:p
Missed all recent drops of the CSI MPK, so they on my hit list!

Not long to go now bro, the time to smoke some o that dank soon come....ha ha;)

PLR&£

billycw

Veteran
Have 3 plants that have up turned fan leafs in the last week. One turning over most of its fan leafs. I can't recall seeing either the urkle or the Mendo purp do this but must be in the line as both have a couple flipped. Anyone have either of these do that? The Urkle leaner is the one with majority flipped so guessing on that side? Not affecting anything so just a question on genetic traits.

picture.php

picture.php

bigherb

Veteran
It does look like the urkle leaners that turned up

But I noticed this slightly on a mendo leaner finger I've seen OD . I think this trait is from the Mendo as it looks exactly like the pic on his Twitter page of Mendo purp with a twist in the finger

The plants look healthy , I wouldn't worry . Im curious though to hear Nspectas thoughts on this

1luvbigherb

billycw

Veteran
bigherb- Think you are right about the Mendo purp holding this trait. Been digging around for hours and find very little reference to this happening. After looking at so many pictures of the 2, I think what I call the Urkle dom are actually the mixed girls. Seems they are lacking the roundness in bud structure as they mature. If thats the case all the mendo purp dom and mixed girls have this upside down trait. You can see the mendo dom girl in post 37 with a leaf flipping to the right. Real interested to hear what purple lines this has been seen in.

All these girls really seem to have taken off at day 35 or so. Filling out while tinting purple, 4 of 7 showing purple at this point. Skunky purple grapes.

Mendo dom girl, all bud sites starting to purple
picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
More plumping up and more purple at day 40. Again slow growers, but as the turtle taught us its the finish that matters.

I have been looking for a nice purple strain for a long time, tried many seed with urkle, gorilla grape & gdp in the genes looking for what this batch is giving me. Grapey purple skunk candy in dense nuggets that continue to swell. Smells are amazing and loud, Mendo dom #6 is stunning in the smell department just crazy loud.

If Nspecta drops any of the Mendocino Purple X's I would jump on them in a heartbeat, will be treasures to be found in those!

Urkle dom & mixed at 40 days
These 3 are very similar with round bud structure and candy grape skunk smells.
#2 putting on some good weight
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Mixed dom #1 day 40, for her leaf flipping upside down trait been calling her Flipper. She really reminds me of Purple kush in structure. Has a nice rose color purple going on I'm digging, I'm guessing she will go all purple. Love how the purple comes from the bud out on all of these.

Done a lot of digging and don't see much on this flipping trait, most of her fans are flipped upside down.

#1 day 40 smells are candy grape skunk but with a floral perfume appearing to round out the palate.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

2993619c8ff572185f492eee4ad2601e.jpg

billycw

Veteran
Mendo dom girls at day 43. These both are amazing plants, nice bud structure, blueish purple tones emanating from the bud itself & amazing smells I've been searching for. Both checking all the boxes for a keeper purple beauty.

#6 The most amazingly loud smack you in the face smell i've encountered in a purple strain.
picture.php

#7 Plumping and Purpling
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
jefe noche & ForTheLove- Thanks, really wish Wonka would have perfected smell-o-vision so you guys could smell along too

Update on the girls at day 48

Looking good, smelling amazing, plumping up and purpling out. Really liking Mendo purp dom's, if you have a chance to grab a cross with her, grab it. Had to axe 1 girl #4, she was throwing some nanners around, only plant out of 7 with any signs of herm at all.

All have nice hard golf ball nugs starting to fill with purple. Smells are from candy grape to a layered perfume grape all bringing that purple skunky funk like a tuba.

#2 urkle dom day 48
really filling in and putting on decent weight(will be highest yeilding), starting to see the purple showing up to the party slowly. Nice candy grape funk
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#5 urkle dom(runt pheno) day 48
only girl besides #4 that I'll most likely cut out of clone run. Has a nice candy grape smell and look though just small and slow.
picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Flipper #1 mix pheno day 48
Still reminds me of PK, dig her. Grapey funk but with a floral perfume type action added.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#3 mix dom day 48
close to #1 in every way
picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Now, the 2 Mendo Purple dom girls. I would search a lot of packs in hunt for either one of them, both in 1... I'll say it again, Nspecta's Mendo Purp is a winner.

#7 Mendo Purple dom day 48
Amazing layered smells of candy grape, layered floral perfume & a great purple funk. Guessing she will be completely purple at chop. Stick to the wall golf ball nugs all over.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
theJointedOne- Thanks, love the whats in a pack game

Day 55 update
All looking good more plumping and purpling. While slow, at least they are evenly slow throughout their lifes, no catch up necessary. The smells are amazingly delicious, candy grape, deep funky skunk, syrup, perfume to name some wafting around the room on rubs. All showing purple, all but #5 changing really fast. Interesting the shades of purple from deep black purple to blueish purple to rose purple, very eye pleasing and not too sure it comes out in the pictures. Think I'll take most of these around 65days.

#2 day 55 urkle dom
Plumping out nice, will most likely yield the best. Slowly has purple creeping in.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

billycw

Veteran
#3 day 55 mix dom
Both this one and #1 remind me of purple kush structure. this one has small rock hard nugs all the way down. very layered smells
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#1 aka flipper day 55 mix dom
Rock hard golf balls that have a rose purple color. Amped up #3
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#7 day 55 mendo dom
These mendo dom's are amazing. The most intense purples and intense layered smells off these 2. This one candy grape with a floral skunk perfume backing.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
#6 day 55 mendo dom
intense smells of tart grape gobstopper syrup, intense dark purpling. Winner!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php