What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6/9 & A Pinch BayBay!

theother

I feel like this is all retro and coming back into style.
DHF just bailed for some reason?
You can just filter the posts by the OP and just do what they say.
Its really as simple as 6/9 and pour!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55683
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81674

I think your somewhat blunt advice coupled with your great results is bringing it back, it definitely got my attention. Its one of those things, people tell you blah blah blah, but until someone beats you over the head saying "dont spend all your fucking money," and shows you bomby, healthy, and frankly aw inspiring pictures of how it works, you can't deny it anymore. I always thought of cheap as a compromise, but in reality it's on par or better than what I have gotten out of expensive dutch salts and boosters.

Last edited:

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
ye water is really hard and full of lime thats why i started deluting it with rain water. thanks for the links ill check them out laters.

theother

ye water is really hard and full of lime thats why i started deluting it with rain water. thanks for the links ill check them out laters.

Go ro man! I have hard tap as well, it's a pain in the ass. Honestly for me .4 ec is the cutoff. And it has to be a consistent .4 IMO, before I will consider using it.

Can't remember if it was you that asked, but the veg room is for the most part watered once a day. They kind of end up staying there for an indeterminate amount of time, so sometimes they end up big and getting watered 2x. I run mh in veg, but coconutz is under fluorescent and getting the approximately the same size at flip. I may make the jump to flouro's in veg, his flowers sure look bulkier so he is doing something right.

I have high hopes for 6/9, it's really hard to screw up and everything I have seen so far does exponentially better with it than the same thing did with any other feed. The best part is you don't have to watch them suffer from overfeeding. After being on 6/9 for a couple months I am now confident that I overfed every salt fed system I have ever done. Kind of makes me want to run a f&d again at a reasonable ec (not really, coco is bad ass)

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
my blue lab EC truncheon does not get a reading off the rain water so i can mix it to what ever EC i want. i have had no problems using .4 EC in the past that is the reasoning behind me doing it to this level.

the the 225L rain water res was filled within a day so anything free is a +.

im always excited to try new methods, anything to make it easier when im in a stoned state lol :)

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
GNG don't go RO and don't mix too much rainwater where your final water mix is below .4 ec. If you do your hardwater micro jug will be worthless and you'll have to buy some regular GH micro. My well water ec is .3 and I use the regular micro with no problems. They cut back on some of the elements % in the hardwater version.

Coconutz

Veteran
Im having some reveg issues with some clones. They start going back to single blade leaves.
I think I might be topping them too early after they root or something.
Is that possible?
Im testing out my theory by letting them veg longer before I top them from now on.
At first I thought it was the 12/1 light schedule I was running for awhile.
Cant seem to get this room full...
I have too many plants coming out without enough going back in.

theother

Im having some reveg issues with some clones. They start going back to single blade leaves.
Is that possible?
Im testing out my theory by letting them veg longer before I top them from now on.

are the reveg's plants you cut out of the flower room? Or are they cuts you took in flower? I have very little experience with cuttings off flowering plants, I tried it a couple times and it worked out but wasn't awesome. Seems like the hormones make them crazy for a minute after going back to 18-6.

Honest opinion on topping is let them go a bit before you start, first topping slows them down quite a bit, the rest are just sort of business as usual, slows the plant down but doesn't stop it or anything.

Ive seen plenty of three finger leaves on stressed haze plants and stuff, but not quite sure what single bladed leaves are.

Coconutz

Veteran
Both...
I have some that were pulled in flower that do it, but also clones from veg.
My Tahoe went into the reveg shit so I waited a long time to let it grow out of that and take a clone from it while in veg. The clone seemed to be in veg until I topped it. Then it started going into the single blade leaf mess.
The problem is that I have to let them grow out of that before I flower or they just start budding right away and dont stretch at all.

Granger2

Veteran
.8 is some toxic shit dude...
Get a filter if you drink that shit or have a dog... especially if there are any kids!
Mine ranges from .8-1.5 and I wont even give it to a dog that a kid of a person I used to work with left here. I wouldnt even call them a friend(shes actually a stupid bitch), but the dog doesnt deserve that shit.
Just give the tap to the stupid bitch. -granger

Coconutz

Veteran
I would have tapped that a few years back...
Shes been old for a while now...
Stupid bitch anyway...

theother

Both...
I have some that were pulled in flower that do it, but also clones from veg.
My Tahoe went into the reveg shit so I waited a long time to let it grow out of that and take a clone from it while in veg. The clone seemed to be in veg until I topped it. Then it started going into the single blade leaf mess.
The problem is that I have to let them grow out of that before I flower or they just start budding right away and dont stretch at all.

Try taking a couple and bringing them into the bloom room and then take them back before the lights go off, not sure if that is something you can do easily' but the co2 and elevated light might help. Worth a shot.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Is that possible?

I never top clones. You get the same results when you fim them. 2 stalks instead of one, fim those two 5 days later and now you have 4 stalks:biggrin: Way less stress and shock and they recover in a day it seems and don't miss a beat in coco. It ain't easy for me because I have oldman eyes so even with glasses I have to use a magnifying glass and very tiny scissors. Spread them small leaves and snip the right part:biggrin:

Coconutz

Veteran
picture.php

OG
picture.php

New wifi with massive buds
picture.php

picture.php

more new wifi thats super frosty

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Coconutz

Veteran
Start to get some burning when they start to need 3 waterings per day.
Guess thats the time to lower the EC, or atleast the N.
Think thats when Im going to go with cns17 ripe.
It has low N with a decent amount of calcium. 1-5-4
I think that will improve my end results.

theother

Start to get some burning when they start to need 3 waterings per day.
Guess thats the time to lower the EC, or atleast the N.
Think thats when Im going to go with cns17 ripe.
It has low N with a decent amount of calcium. 1-5-4
I think that will improve my end results.

I like this idea, have heard good things about ripe in the past. It's definitely affordable and IMHO completely preferable to using boosters to swing the ratios" think I am gonna copy you again.