What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3000W SCROG/Fully Automated/Gavita's/Iponic 600.....Let the fun begin!!!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
After tons of reading about how H&G Aqua Flakes is better than there Coco nutrient in a DTW setup, then seeing how BigGreen's plants dramatically improved health switching over to aqua flakes I've decided to make the switch as well. Went out today and bought the 5 litre bottles of Aqua Flakes A&B. :dance013:

Now just gotta wait for my pots to dry out enough so I can give them there first feed of Aqua Flakes and Aptus :woohoo:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Well, I think I've already learned a couple things!! One, in the future I think I will have to put clones in a 4" pot before going into the 2 gallon smart pot. Just taking way too long to dry out and I think they are suffering cause of it. I watered on Sunday and I think I'm still 2 days away before I can water again.

Second thing, young girls don't like the harsh chems or even neem oil from my experience. These were new clones to me so I had to treat right away with the harsh stuff but in the future I will be taking my own clones, I will wait till plants are well rooted and of a decent size before hitting them with the chems.

Between the over water symptoms and the chems I see allot of sick looking leafs. I just sprayed them again with some aspirin. I'm sure they will bounce back but I think the combo of the two things will put me back 10-14 days!!!!:mad:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Well coco was finally dry enough today to give them a feed. I could also see some roots poking out on various pots so at least I know I got some root growth in the past 3-4 days. Today is also the first day where I can see that the clones did some growing so hopefully that means they are snapping out of there shock!!! Also seems like majority of the PPP seedlings are starting to shoot out new healthy growth. Keeping fingers crossed!! One thing I'm noticing on all plants is light coloring on the leafs. Thinking this is from the over watering and there for the lack of nutes as well.

So today girls got not only there first Aqua Flakes feed but there first Aptus feed of Fascilitor and Start Boost!!! I hit them a little harder with the aqua flakes to try and give them a jump start from the lack of feeds. EC was flashing between 1.4 and 1.6. Each pot got a decent amount of water but not completely water logged. I'll give them another very light watering with the remaining nutes I have in 2 days and then will brew a tea and give them a feed 2 days after that. I will try giving them light feeds every two days till the end of next week. After that hoping to step it up to once a day. Just raised room temps from 81 to 82 degrees and co2 has been at 1400ppm for the last couple days. Once roots are well established in the next week or so i will then drop co2 down to 1100 ppm where it will stay like that till the last couple weeks of flower. I will snap some pics in the next day or two.

I forget who was mentioning about the heat created by my window a/c unit? So far heat isn't a issue as the a/c doesn't run much right now with only 2 lights running. But what surprised me is the amount of humidity that sucker is creating in my garage. In the next week I'm going to have to build a box around my unit and hook up a exhaust fan to bring in fresh air and get rid of the hot / humid air.

I'm running into the same issues with drying out duration in regards to pot size. I go from 3gal to 20gal's and right now, its been 10 days since the newly transplanted girls have been watered. And they're 100% happy with that! Once they get situated, they drink a bit more... But still not that much. Man they look good in flower tho... Hope the next batch pops up soon!

I was one of the guys mentioned the heat with the AC. I am not surprised about the humidity either, rapid temperature change and all. Boxing it in will fix it tho!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I'm running into the same issues with drying out duration in regards to pot size. I go from 3gal to 20gal's and right now, its been 10 days since the newly transplanted girls have been watered. And they're 100% happy with that! Once they get situated, they drink a bit more... But still not that much. Man they look good in flower tho... Hope the next batch pops up soon!

I was one of the guys mentioned the heat with the AC. I am not surprised about the humidity either, rapid temperature change and all. Boxing it in will fix it tho!

Yup!!!!!

Where the hell is the updates in your thread!?!?! :moon:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So it would seem plants are finally recovering from all the abuse I gave them. They've finally started growing the past few days. I'm hoping they start to take off this week. Today was the third day since I feed them aqua flakes and aptus. I had about 7 gallons left over and that's what they got today. Each plant got a few cups. Today I started brewing a tea and each plant will get a few cups of concentrated tea plus a foliar spray tomorrow. I'm planning on feeding once a day after the tea for the rest of this week. Really hoping that speeds up the plants growth!!!

PPP seedlings really seem to be taking off now!!! I'm hoping the really large one doesn't turn out to be a male!!!! :laughing: will cut a few leafs off tomorrow and scope for BM's......
The two Gavita's are now running at 750W, room is set to 84 degrees, humidity is at 68% and co2 1100ppm

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Will also spend some time tomorrow cleaning up dead foliage and leafs that are almost ready to fall off. Will bump lights up to 825W as well.... let these bitches grow!!! :biggrin:

Here you can see roots poking out of my Geo Pots. Will wait till the end of the week and then will open up a pot to check on root development.

BigGreen

Veteran
you can turn down the co2. They will grow fast at 800 ppm in veg. Once your flowering you can start to pump it up

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Funny thing is. I turned it down from 1400 to 1050 two days ago but I don't even think the bottle has turned on yet!! Like right now room is around 1100ppm. I will go feed them in a few hours and room will raise to 1250-1300ppm. Maybe once plants get a little bigger they will start using more co2 but in the mean time I'm finding they are only using about 200-300ppm of co2 during the 18 hour light period!!

BigGreen

Veteran
Ya its because there so small. Mine are sucking it down now. Even when Im done working in the room the controller starts snappin on in about 10 minutes

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Ya its because there so small. Mine are sucking it down now. Even when Im done working in the room the controller starts snappin on in about 10 minutes

Oh wow, good to know. Your girls are looking incredible right now!!!! How long does that strain flower for?

BigGreen

Veteran
8 weeks should be good to go in coco the UC they will go 9 but thats with out co2 so who knows mite shave off a few more day as well. The colas get huge in hydro Im curious what they do in coco

With them roots ya got you can probably feed em everyday now like you plan.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
8 weeks should be good to go in coco the UC they will go 9 but thats with out co2 so who knows mite shave off a few more day as well. The colas get huge in hydro Im curious what they do in coco

With them roots ya got you can probably feed em everyday now like you plan.

I can't wait to see how your coco run turns out. What's the best yield you've gotten with this strain per light? #1.5 per light?

So brewed my tea for 20 hours. This is the first time that I got a heavy white foam on the top of the tea. The other two times I brewed tea I only got a little brown foam. Only thing I did different was I bought a aquarium heater and heated the water up to 78 degrees before starting the brew. The other two times I tried brewing with the water between 62-65 degrees. Guess temperature really makes a difference!!!

So brewed 4 gallons and then added it to 4 gallons of water. Took 1 litre of concentrated tea for foliar feed and the rest went to make the 8 gallons of feed. I then added Sea Green to the tea. That stuff smells like molasses!!!:biggrin: Each plant got 2.5 cups of tea which resulted in a little run off from each plant. I then foliar sprayed all the plants with the tea. Looking forward to seeing if there is a difference in the girls tomorrow.

BigGreen

Veteran
Thats perfect they will love it

The most I have gotten outta her was 3.75lb from 2k never hit 2# per yet but Im sure thats going to change since Im now using co2 and all these goodies

LEDNewbie

Veteran
well I can honestly say I've never seen this kind of growth before in my soil run. Not sure if its the coco, H&G/Aptus combo, Tea, Co2 or all of the above but if things continue on like this I should really start seeing some growth in the next couple weeks.

I was shocked when I walked into the room today to feed them, in the past in my last grow I could tell plants were growing each time I would go in. But never did I go, WOW they really grew. And I'm thinking things will just get better the more they get out of shock.

I cut a few random leafs off my PPP girls and spent 10 minutes looking at them under my USB microscope. I'm still finding what I believe are eggs.... Are they dead? Who knows? Not sure what a dead egg looks like? For the life of me I can't find a broad mite, dead or alive!!! PPP girls have really started growing the past few days, one in particular is growing like gang busters!!! Still seeing a few leafs growing a little funny but maybe still side affects of Forbid or BM toxin??? Its been around a week since my last heat treatment. Think I'll do another one tomorrow and then cut it back to once every 2 weeks.

Will update in one week with more pics and hopefully much more growth!!!!

What girls looked like yesterday

and today, notice how many roots are poking out today after getting feed tea yesterday!!

One more pic of PPP Seedlings

All looking really cool mate, thoes healthy little ladies will soon take off :)
I usually grow using 600s n get around 14-17 ounces strain dependant....gona updrade to 1000s like u n hope to improve on that :)

they do look alittle overwatered to me tho, do u ever let ya coco dry out at all, i find this really works well between feeds

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Top them now

awesome, thanks bud!! will top them tonight or tomorrow. Going to do another heat treatment tonight. I think I'm still seeing eggs if thats what they are on my PPP seedlings???? But fuck if I could find a live or dead BM???? Cut 3 leafs off today and spent 15 minutes looking them over, not one!!!

Also going to have to take some good pics of my largest PPP plant, not looking good today at all, really pale and droopy. Have to get your opinion on her. Kush clones look good, nice green and healthy.