What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

62,000 watt Coco grow.

BCMaster

Floranova

Floranova

Do it! The shit PH's itself to 5.8 every time. Easy peazy lemon squeezy

I did the H&G Cocos 2 part and it was very slow to develop buds. I felt like they were 10 days behind the whole run but it did yield decent in the end.

Lucky Left

This shit just blew my mind... I always wanted to catch a grow from start to finish so this will be my first.. Hope to learn alot n the best of luck to ya bro

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ill be watching this one.
looks like a killer set up!! :tiphat:

i use flora nova. and an very happy with the results.
BCmaster nailed it.
theres a good reason someone made a thread called, floranova is liquid gold!!

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Serious question VagPunch.

You able to sleep each night without being worried about anything. The whole deal, gear, failures, not so much the girls, but the gear and things going wrong, fire. Im thinking, since you have been down this road many times, you are probably good to go ya? How you deal with that shit when you started then? Don't say DMT with a full minute of inhale either rofl.
Just curious man, as I tend to get a little anxiety once in awhile..wanted to know what a beast does tbh lol

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Serious question VagPunch.

You able to sleep each night without being worried about anything. The whole deal, gear, failures, not so much the girls, but the gear and things going wrong, fire. Im thinking, since you have been down this road many times, you are probably good to go ya? How you deal with that shit when you started then? Don't say DMT with a full minute of inhale either rofl.
Just curious man, as I tend to get a little anxiety once in awhile..wanted to know what a beast does tbh lol

Well, all the wiring is done by actual electricians. All of the work they do it passed by city inspectors.

The entire place will be alarmed, motion detectors on the 8 foot high fencing outside. Detectors on the barns roof. Detectors in the ceiling. Door contacts on all doors.

We will have fish eye cameras outside the property, inside the grow rooms and inside the reservoir room.

The reservoir room will have a plasma TV, computer, internet and DVR to let us know what's going on. We all have have phones capable of viewing the grow rooms from wherever we are and when we're at home, most of our computers are switching from one live feed to another.

We have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.

Like I said; Before this I ran a 650, 350 and 350 lighter all at the same time. Me and 3 labourers. All hydro systems. Never had a plant go down. Some random floods from talking to much while I filled the reservoirs. No fires, no break ins, nothing. Although, running that much hydro was absolutely stressful.

I carried around a clip board and had a word document with all the things I needed to check on a daily basis.

Are all pumps plugged in? Check.
Are all the water filters clean? Check.
Are all the dehumidifiers working? Check.
Are all the AC's working? Check.
Are all the osculating fans working? Check.
PH'd all the reservoirs? Check.
All the water chillers working? Check.
All the bulbs working? Check.
Are all the timers on time? Check.

If I ran in to any problems I would try my best to fix it. If I couldn't I had an electrician and AC guy on call 24 hours a day. We had a contractor working full time also.

Eventually you become a well oiled machine and everybody is in synch. All the rooms had calendars and I would write in orange for the labourers, black for me and green for the trim crew.

Most of us became good friends and spoke daily and hung out, so we never missed a beat. I've been friends with MedMan and Teemu for like 15 years, so we don't really get in to fights and money isn't an issue.

Now, I am doing my own thing and have all the experience necessary to run a 115ish lights on my own with 1 labourer. You would be shocked how easy it is to run 4-5 grows with 1 person if you do all the preventative stuff before it happens.

I dip all clones in Forbid and Meltatox as soon as they are rooted. 99% of the time I won't need to spray anything else the whole grow. Most people don't and end up spraying on huge plants 3 weeks in to flower and that takes hundreds on man hours.

Tying up plants in what kills us. It's a huge work load. I hate it. I will be using utility fencing from now on and hope it saves us time.

It is a 7 day a week job. Last year I had 3 days off and that's cause I had my boss cover for me. I don't mind though, although my GF sure does.

I have started to keep one ounce of every grow I bring down in a mason jar. Labelled with strain and date. One day, when I can smoke weed without having a panic attack I will enjoy all of the fruits of my labour.

Last edited:
N

Nondual

I carried around a clip board and had a word document with all the things I needed to check on a daily basis.

Are all pumps plugged in? Check.
Are all the water filters clean? Check.
Are all the dehumidifiers working? Check.
Are all the AC's working? Check.
Are all the osculating fans working? Check.
PH'd all the reservoirs? Check.
All the water chillers working? Check.
All the bulbs working? Check.
Are all the timers on time? Check.
Gotta love a guy that has his shit together.

One question I have is with some of your equipment to you simply replace it at a certain point in it's life cycle as a preventative, like a pump, or do you wait for it to fail? On stuff like pumps do you have things like sensors that record and report that they are actually working? Maybe something like monitoring amps? If it doesn't pull current at a particular time then you get an alert? Do you have sensors in your res's that send an alert if the water level drops below a certain point? On your res's do you have nute/pH dosers and auto water filling?

I guess the more automated it is like that the less time you need to spend actually monitoring stuff. That kind of stuff :biggrin:

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Sorry to hear about the panic attack thing Vag.

Have you tried just hitting a bowl or something.. just one small hit?

I had a buddy that used to be a seasoned smoker back in the day stop smoking due to legal issues. When he was able to smoke again he'd hit a bong a few times or smoke a blunt and experiencing similar attacks.. Heart racing.. unreasonable paranoia, etc. The potency and quantity he stepped into was just too much for his low tolerance.

I've experienced the same when smoking some insane stuff. I normally smoke good shit, but visited the west and got to sample some truly fire dank. A few vap hits and I was uncomfortably stoned.. and I was by myself. Had to wait for it to wear off a bit before I could venture out and about again. In my early days I did get too high where I would get weirded out and think people were talking about me..even though I knew they were my friends and were not.. had to cool it for a bit and resume at lower doses..

Remind me of when I 1st started smoking.. I wouldn't get the laughter and normal high that my other friends were experiencing.. I was hanging out with blunt smokers and would just get straight "blowed". It wasn't until I hit a first bowl with a buddy that I actually got that 1st timer laugh your ass off feeling that we all know, love, and miss.

Perhaps take a micro hit off of some indica and see how that treats you. Do it at home ..alone.. I've noticed that not everyone can do the whole social smoking thing, but love weed in the comfort of their own surroundings..

Wish ya the best. If I'm totally off base here just disregard what I said. :biggrin: Here I am telling a guy running hundreds of lights how to smoke weed...lol

:tiphat:

beautiful op mate

times are tough but do you think mr budweiser had it easy before prohabition lol

if it gets made legal youll be at the forefront of your game in canada and thats a good place to be

your grows always astound me and respect is due

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Thanks man for detailing all that. Several useful tips in there. I like the fact you have clipboard with a check list( something I'm going to do asap). And of course everything else you mentioned. Amazing lol

V

Veg N Out

1400 lights bro? You're my hero. After I harvest this fall I'm coming up to the islands to visit some friends, I'll have to take the ferry over to Van town and you give me a tour OK? Bless

irobot sd

Perhaps not smoking while managing a grow this size is #1 on a checklist. This thread makes me feel like some kooky local in the restaurant at a Man vs Food episode. Except VP is adam and its Man vs Weed. Go Vp GO:woohoo::yay::whee:

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Perhaps not smoking while managing a grow this size is #1 on a checklist. This thread makes me feel like some kooky local in the restaurant at a Man vs Food episode. Except VP is adam and its Man vs Weed. Go Vp GO:woohoo::yay::whee:

I know for sure that is an issue of mine. Getting ripped prior to managing. Then before you know it I'm scatter brained. I forget to ph etc. amateur shit. Thanks VP again. :biggrin:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well god damn Vag! You guys up there like Ticklemyballs said are always killing it! Makes me want more bulbs! Thanks for the show man looking forward to it.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotta love a guy that has his shit together.

One question I have is with some of your equipment to you simply replace it at a certain point in it's life cycle as a preventative, like a pump, or do you wait for it to fail? On stuff like pumps do you have things like sensors that record and report that they are actually working? Maybe something like monitoring amps? If it doesn't pull current at a particular time then you get an alert? Do you have sensors in your res's that send an alert if the water level drops below a certain point? On your res's do you have nute/pH dosers and auto water filling?

I guess the more automated it is like that the less time you need to spend actually monitoring stuff. That kind of stuff :biggrin:

Nah, nothing that nutty.

I usually turn on the pump and check all the drippers daily. It's very annoying.

We run 5 gallon bucket in a bucket, so the plants always have 2 inches of water in the bottom in case of pump failure during the time I am not around. I will be back 22 hours later and can tell if a plants drippers are clogged or the return line is clogged with roots. They droop noticeably.

I usually PH at 5.4 and come back the next day and it's around 5.8. I top up and let it swing for another day to around 6.2. Then I bring it back down.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about the panic attack thing Vag.

Have you tried just hitting a bowl or something.. just one small hit?

I had a buddy that used to be a seasoned smoker back in the day stop smoking due to legal issues. When he was able to smoke again he'd hit a bong a few times or smoke a blunt and experiencing similar attacks.. Heart racing.. unreasonable paranoia, etc. The potency and quantity he stepped into was just too much for his low tolerance.

I've experienced the same when smoking some insane stuff. I normally smoke good shit, but visited the west and got to sample some truly fire dank. A few vap hits and I was uncomfortably stoned.. and I was by myself. Had to wait for it to wear off a bit before I could venture out and about again. In my early days I did get too high where I would get weirded out and think people were talking about me..even though I knew they were my friends and were not.. had to cool it for a bit and resume at lower doses..

Remind me of when I 1st started smoking.. I wouldn't get the laughter and normal high that my other friends were experiencing.. I was hanging out with blunt smokers and would just get straight "blowed". It wasn't until I hit a first bowl with a buddy that I actually got that 1st timer laugh your ass off feeling that we all know, love, and miss.

Perhaps take a micro hit off of some indica and see how that treats you. Do it at home ..alone.. I've noticed that not everyone can do the whole social smoking thing, but love weed in the comfort of their own surroundings..

Wish ya the best. If I'm totally off base here just disregard what I said. :biggrin: Here I am telling a guy running hundreds of lights how to smoke weed...lol

:tiphat:

Funny.

I used to smoke heavy and then one day ran in to some sativa. Like a 16 weeker. I was used to smoking Indica and was fine with it. I smoked this Haze and it fucked me up so bad. I was totally fucked.

I would look at my chest and couldn't tell if my heart was beating super fast or I had no heart beat at all. I was soaring.

Since then; Whenever I smoke I usually just psych myself out the whole time.

The last time I got high, I smoked some Afghani Bullrider in the parking lot before I went to watch District 9. I got so high I put my hood on and had the craziest internal dialogue with myself. When I finally looked up, the movie was over and I was in the theatre by myself. Hahaha.

I can take mushrooms, MDA, MDMA, acid and DMT and im fine. Weed just fucks my ass for some reason.

One day I will grow some super schwag and hang out on the beach. :biggrin::woohoo:

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a bit of an update.

Here's that 23? 25? light hydro room I have. Things are rocking along. Gonna flip on Friday. I will take the shades off and slowly drop the lights beside the plants tmrw and let them have some vert lighting for 6 days before I flip em.

FYI: I have ZERO idea why the contractor keeps hanging that fucking silver reflective shit half way up the wall. I keep telling him poly is fine and whenever I show up it's already up. Geezers. :bashhead:

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3717.jpg

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's an update of the 62 lighter.

The AC's have arrived as have the handlers and lines.

The electricians are in full force and working in organized chaos. Main panel. Flip box. Ballast rack.

Veg room has poly and that fucking reflective stuff.

I spent the whole day helping the sparky wire the veg room. All the junction boxes, BX and cabtyre is installed. Shades i'll do tmrw.

Apparently, we get the babies tmrw too.

IMG_3710.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg