What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pipedream"s 150w Tiny Bubbler System

G

Hey!

This IS the thread from OG I read where i decided to go hydro..
Anyway, it was a good decision! Thanks :joint:

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Hey all,

Yeah, it is basically the same thread I had there (OG). I did update a little of the info and better organize the pic as well. I'm glad I've been able to help a few folks out and inspire others to come along for the ride. Thanks to all for the kind words!

ethanp711

Pipedream...your setup looks great, and I am wholly impressed with thew simplicity in both your writeup and entire operation. Individuals like yourself make it much easier on newbs like me to even consider growing, since the most daunting thing is taking the first step. So, thank you...inspiration is hard to come by these days, and you gave me my dose today.

respect.

e-

Pipedream

Veteran
What smell? I thought that was perfume! Actually, when the box was in my home, we just lived with it. It only became really strong during the flower phase and it never really bothered me. My wife, on the other hand, complained all of the time about it. As a result, I moved the box out to the garage thinking that would be the end of it. However, during the next flower cycle, I noticed that the whole driveway and yard started to smell. It was leaking out from the box & garage. As a result, I built a small carbon scrubber. It's about the size and shape of a small shoebox, and hangs right on the back of the box over the fan outlet. The box is filled with sheets of filter material purchased at Home De'Pot. The whole unit cost about 20 bucks U.S. to build and took 20 minutes to make. The price even included enough carbon for two fills. Here's a link to the filter material I use. It's less than $10 a sheet and easy to cut into any shape or size.

http://www.webproducts.com/products/furnace_ac/absorber.jsp

Since the box is not in the living area of my home, I'm considering using an Ozone Generator as well or as an alternative.

Last edited:

Sauce

That sounds like a really simple way of making a carbon filter. :smile: I'm looking for a small way to cover up odor. I sometimes can smell the mj in the hallway (apt) but it isn't very noticeable so I haven't sweated over it yet. I'd still like to be safe though.

Got any pics of the filter?

Where at Home Depot did you find those sheets? With furnace filters?

0p0rat0r

Sweet setup pipedream, very clean and professional looking. I'm also interested in seeing your carbon filter, any pics?

kodiaksnacktime

Pipe - Great setup - if only we could find that cabinet manufacturer. I think the C13 is way to heavy myself.

Q? Since this is perp harvest, how do you manage vegging of plants - light periods have to differ? What are you doing for flower 12/12?
I didn't read your posts at OG, so am probably missing a post about the seperate veg cabinet.

Pipedream

Veteran
OpOratOr, I'm rebuilding my scrubber as we speak. As soon as it's complete, I'll have some pic's up for viewing.

kodiac, right you are.... this box is usually kept on a 12/12 cycle all of the time. I keep a mother for clones. She sits in my rec-room and is kept as a house plant. Makes it easy on me because my wife takes care of it with all of the other houseplants. It just gets regular room lighting. To stop it from flowering it gets weak nutes, and in the evening there is a small 10 watt CFL above it for a couple of hours. I'll often keep the mom for a few years, then flower her and start over. When I need a new plant or two for the box, I take a clone, root it on the kitchen windowsill, then throw her into the flower box. Because these are pure high-heat sativas, there is quite a bit of stretch. For that reason they are not allowed to veg for very long at all. Of course, all that being said....there have also been a few times that I just started 6 new plants at the same time and put the light on 24/0 till they were ready to flower. Being a medical user, it all comes down to a balance between the state of my health/energy and my available stock of medication.

Last edited:

kodiaksnacktime

Pipe - thanks for the feedback. It must be nice to have a family that accepts Mary Jane in your life given all the legal hearsay they pick up in society, from teachers, etc. Being that you have a medical reason to use it helps. Me, I have no medical reason, just like the feeling.

Haven't flowered or harvested a plant yet, but have gotten several ready to flower just when the show came to an end for paranoia / security reasons - bummer!

One of the hardest things for me to deal with is the concern and worry over what would happen to my life if busted with 2-3 plants in Oregon?
Would I be thrown in jail instantly and for how long?
Would my employer find out?
How would I deal with monthly bills without telling someone?

Nugs-N-Jugs

Pipedream,
I always followed your threads back in the OG days and never posted up on em. Great looking system and quite stealth to boot. I used to run bubblers and still love em, big and small today. (Sorry if i missed it earlier, but) What does your system yield on average? Did you ever do any collaboration with Maliboo from OG? I think you two could make some killer midrange, superstealth, pay for the mortgage cabs. Keep up the hard work, and thank you for sharing your knowledge.
Peace.

Pipedream

Veteran
Vern and Nugs, Thanks for the kind words!

While I never worked with Miliboo, I always followed his threads. While I've been growing for more years than I care to admit to, there is always new stuff to learn and improve on.

Actual yield is hard to judge as my plants always get harvested at different times. Usually about a month to 6 weeks apart. On average, a good plant gives me just under 2 ounces of cleaned dried bud. The worst of them give me about one ounce each.

Pipedream,

Just like Nugs-N-Jugs a also have followed the OG threads, but never posted up either. I have used bubblers also and had good results, but what you do with a 150 w is great.
I have showed many folk your threads and as a result it has inspired many who didn't believe that a "tallboy" wardrobe can pay the rent/mortgage, and get a smoke outta it also. {which ever one requires of course}

Nice one keep it up.

Peace

Thai Flowers

Pipedream

Veteran
Holy Doobie Batman, I thought I ws going to have to type it all over again ! ! !

I was just getting comfortable in my new home here after OG went down. It took me forever to put my thread together again, then IC goes and gives me another scare. Glad we're all back safe and intact.

New cycle just getting underway. Hope to have all new pic's posted soon. In the mean time.... here's one of my favorite bud shots from one of my previous grows.