What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10k Watt Open Bulb Grow , Going For 20 lbs.....

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Final yield #'s please

final yield was 14 lb's. not too bad. this was the last run of third dimension as the strain went to garbage, hermed its self and produced small buds, if it produced the normal third dimension, the final yield would of been closer to 18 lb's im sure.....

will still run an open bulb grow this next round, have shit loads of lavender vegging, thinking about a super sog run, about 125 plants in 2 gallon coco pots.....

turbolaser4528

Veteran
nice, id imagine you would of hit 20# with the right 3d and co2?

AND IN COCO!?

ballinn, this shit does have potential I guess.

\I dont blame you for goin with the mpb buckets though, thats a shitload of coco to be haulin around, whereas you can just dump your medium down the drain now.

good luck bra stay positive stay strong thoughts become things my friend, thoughts become things..

krunchbubble

Veteran
\I dont blame you for goin with the mpb buckets though, thats a shitload of coco to be haulin around, whereas you can just dump your medium down the drain now.

ya, the amount coco that i throw away is insane. at one house backfilled a retaining wall 30 ft long and 4 ft high. and filled 3 20 by 20 raised beds.

at this house, there is a pile about 3 ft high and maybe 50 ft in diameter! this year im throwing in a huge veggie garden in all the coco........

opt1c

Veteran
nice krunch; far as the mpb systems go u ever think of the under current setups? a lot less work on the setup tip... i heard doubled sold his design for the mpb's to a company and they'll be coming out with a retail version soon. From what i've seen they look pretty sick; but i think if u put that many lights around a huge coco plant u might get the same results

as far as coco in dwc... 1 gal paint thinner bags go around a 8 inch netpot no problem... i ran rockwool chum in netpots in a dwc before; just set the water level to the very bottom of the pot to get wicking action and the plants were very very happy

i have to say though rdwc, once dialed, is the least amount of work of all the systems unless you consider finding creative ways to hold up really huge colas work ;)

asher1er

Veteran
10k Watt Open Bulb Grow , Going For 20 lbs.....

i have seen cubans use a 5 ton sealed co2 with 16-18k 35-40 plants in 5 gals hydro pull 35-50 consistently... believe me or not!

Those numbers sure come up.. But the 5 gal part is very rare.. These cubans like them big pots and veg time... All worth it tho.. :joint:

14 still a nice chunk homie.. Nothin better then harvest time.. Be safe :joint:

Blubud

Sir Krunch I am curious about a couple things. Take into consideration I have been mostly outdoor organic.
Why throw the coco away? Why not mix in some organics and reuse it? I know a few indoor growers that r strictly organic and they just keep adding: 30 gallon batches, 9 gallons perilte, 6 gallons worm poo, 16 gallons compost
1 cup sea bird poo, 1 cup high P bat poo, 1 cup kelp meal, 1 1/2 cups azimite,1 cup powderd dolimite lime, 1/2 cup potash

In my opinion the taste is better and yeilds as well as veg seems to be better as well. Plus the fact that by using natural amendments there is no build up of salts.
Let me say that I "do not" have your experience and this is just my view and am trying to understand pros and cons of each way of growing. Vertical is definitely in my future for sure.
I am guessing you are going with what works best and keeps you on schedule. Organics does require time once you mix all this together you have to let it set for a couple weeks "at least" so you don't burn your plants.
I would love to see you add a few organics in a grow just for comparison.
Thanks for all the great threads, I have learned a lot of $$$$ helpful information!!!! You definitely have some mad skills!!

Blubud

Sir Krunch I am curious about a couple things. Take into consideration I have been mostly outdoor organic.
Why throw the coco away? Why not mix in some organics and reuse it? I know a few indoor growers that r strictly organic and they just keep adding: 30 gallon batches, 9 gallons perilte, 6 gallons worm poo, 16 gallons compost
1 cup sea bird poo, 1 cup high P bat poo, 1 cup kelp meal, 1 1/2 cups azimite,1 cup powderd dolimite lime, 1/2 cup potash

In my opinion the taste is better and yeilds as well as veg seems to be better as well. Plus the fact that by using natural amendments there is no build up of salts.
Let me say that I "do not" have your experience and this is just my view and am trying to understand pros and cons of each way of growing. Vertical is definitely in my future for sure.
I am guessing you are going with what works best and keeps you on schedule. Organics does require time once you mix all this together you have to let it set for a couple weeks "at least" so you don't burn your plants.
I would love to see you add a few organics in a grow just for comparison.
Thanks for all the great threads, I have learned a lot of $$$$ helpful information!!!! You definitely have some mad skills!!

zenoonez

Veteran
Impressive as always KB. Hope all your legal woes work themselves out, in the meantime overgrow their lousy asses.

krunchbubble

Veteran
even looking back at just about two years ago, its WAY different then i grow now....

very interesting to read this thread again....