What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Long Island Outdoor Grow Results for 2004>>>

H

HellBoy

Hello fellow growers and stoners,

A few shots of my outdoor grow.

G13 x NL f2

922G13-NLout-med.jpg

..kinda puny.. only got to about 8 ft. this yr... :smile:

922G13xNLbud-med.jpg

..great smoke; actually NOTICABLY better than the F1's I grew the yr. before... go figure.. :confused:

H

HellBoy

Now for the ENORMOUSLY powerful Hash Plant x R2 (..don't know what R2 is except that it's a commercial outlaw Biker strain...) ... smoke a doob of THIS and you WILL go to sleep!!!

922HPxR2Out-med.jpg

This plants profile was rod straight and it resisted my supercropping efforts mightily!! ..IMO, it would make a superior SOG strain.. all main cola is EASY for this one!!

922HPxR2top-med.jpg

..see what I mean! :D

H

HellBoy

One of the stars of the show was the LemonJack... A Jack Herer mom with a Blueberry x Citral dad.. This ONE plant yieldes 12 z's of PRIME BUD!! If I was gonna go commercial, this would be my pick.. great production, insect and disease resistant to a HIGH degree (no rot problems due to sativa like flowering... nice and "airy"...)

922LJoutside-med.jpg

..it was so bud heavy, it was falling over in the loose media; therefore the stake and ties...

922LJbudClose-med.jpg

..oh man.. is that some sweet smoking bud..and POWERFUL too!! :canabis:

H

HellBoy

My pride and JOYS!!! The Jacks Surprise sisters!!

922JSplot-med.jpg

What can I say... the MORE than wonderful tasting and powerfully stoning Satty/Indie blend from 180 /Subcool / & Dowzer about 3 or 4 yrs ago. I was fortunate enough to come into a stash of the originals and they are still 100% viable after careful storage... my last few beans will be protected jealously!!!

922JScola-med.jpg

..a decent JS cola.

922JSbudPC700-med.jpg

..heaven on earth!!! :abduct:

H

HellBoy

SuperMutt !!!

..this thing was a MONSTER.. it reached over 10 ft. AFTER supercropping. It too yielded a smooth 12 z's of rock hard Indy dominant bud.

The parents: Mom - Jacks Surprise
------------ Dad - G13 x NL f1

922SMout-med.jpg

..and a peek into one of the "bags-O-bud".. :wink:

922SM_bag-O-bud2-med.jpg

..also would make a very good commercial choice for Indy lovers!

H

HellBoy

White Rhino cuts...

922WRgroup-med.jpg

I got these out a month late, so they only had a month and a half or so to veg... they didn't get very big...

922WRbag-O-bud-med.jpg

Also, the bud was VERY leafy.. by the time I picked all the leaf out, the buds looked pretty scraggly.. however, the smoke was all I expected it to be.. sweet and smooth tasting with yummi undertones...and a long smooth Indica high of significant intensity! :joint:

..well, that's about it for last year.. I think I have a complete "harvest" pic somewhere... I'll look for it..

later on folks... and thanks for the comments so far..preciate it!! :smile:

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Those plants look absolutely incredible. :eek: Excellent job.

I am going to scout out some outdoor grow areas this year. :D

Dr. D

Veteran
Very impressive Helboy, hope my outdoor plants turn out that good this year...that G13xnl2 bud looks real tasty..peace

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
I'm with the captain on this one...how the hell did you find that sweet of a spot in Long Island??? Very nice pics indeed. Thanks for sharing!!

H

HellBoy

hey folks...

Thanks for the comps... Frankly, I was pretty concerned about my chances of doing an outdoor grow on such a crowded and busy piece of real estate as the Island...

However, since there is a lot of very old buildings and factory sites and whatnot scattered about the island, there ends up being a LOT of very overgrown lots and fields that don't get cut by the state in the summertime... they just grow more brush and grass... PERFECT SPOTS TO HIDE MJ PLANTS!!!!

Just find a spot (no matter where you live) that:

(1) Is not under shadow of ANYthing at any time of the day; MJ LOVES direct sun and the yield DEPENDS on getting all it possibly can!!! I've learned this from hard experience with identical clones... just an HOUR of shade at the end of the day caused an identical plant that was planted nearby and cared for identically to only produce about 1/2 as much bud!!!!! AMAZING the diff it made! :eek:

(2) Is VERY difficult to walk to... barriers of fences, briars, thick brush, broken ground, etc are very effective "people" fences... "Why should I walk THROUGH that mess when I can go over this way and walk AROUND it" ...is the way EVERYONE thinks in the brush... take advantage of that!!!

(3) The nightime is your friend... USE IT!

(4) Finally, the all important nute/water drop:
Carrying a 5 gal bucket into the brush is pretty suspicious looking on the surface, so, you would be wise NOT to be observed doing so... here is a good technique:

Roll by your grow area, carefully surveilling the surrounding roads and parkng lots, etc... looking for anything that shouldn't be there..don't take chances!! If you feel at all uncomfortable...drive away and try again later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If all is cool, pull up to a nearby spot to your grow (obseving that no cars are coming).. and hop out quickly and put your bucket/s and nutes just off the roadway hidden in the grass. Hop in and drive AWAY... find a nearby place to park that is TOTALLY LEGAL and if possible TOTALLY EXPECTED.. for instance if there is a grocery store within easy walking distance, park there... DON'T park your UNFAMILAR CAR on the street in front of ppls houses... it makes them nervous...

Now you get out with empty hands, or even better a camera if its daytime and "go for a walk"... it's easy as HELL and if you are careful on the approach it's almost RISK FREE.

You can run away from a plant on someone elses property and live to grow another day... you will have a bitch of a time running away from your bedroom closet!!!

stay safe and good luck on all your outdoor efforts...

Oh yeah... better get used to reading labels and finding some friendly insecticides/fungicides/miticides... Outdoors is a free-for-all!! :D I recommend the "Schultz" 3-in-1 spray that has all three in an organic base... it's guaranteed to be safe to eat any vegetable if sprayed more than 24 hours BEFORE harvest... However, if you grow big like me.. you will go broke using the Schultz.. i just use it for controlling problems on my indoor nursury for outdoor set-outs..

Outside, a 2 1/2 gallon sprayer with Ortho "BUG-B-GONE" FOR VEGETABLE GARDENS .. (be SURE to get the veg garden kind, the regular it REAL poision!!!) concentrate mixed with water is the ticket!! Spray the plants and all surrounding vegetation about once every 2 or 3 days if you have heavy bug infestation probs... for more normal bug levels, once a week is sufficient.

Bottom line:

1) hide em
2) feed em
3) protect em
4) SMOKE EM!!! :canabis:

922StonedAgainMJSML.gif
HellBoy

G

Oh No Not Him!

Oh No Not Him!

Well Hell Boy!
Been a while since we argued....... :biglaugh:
Good to see ya back. In a big way too! This place needed a pick me up. Thats some superb Guerilla Growing ya got there. Keep it up and lets stay out of the Politics eh? :friends:

Blatant :wave:

chuckydnice

Excellent Job!

Excellent Job!

Last year I recieved some seeds from someone on the island known as bagseed and ironically all three were in your mix (g13xnl supermutts (g13xc99xgrapefruit). Great job with em' and I read on CW you moved from the island, how far from the city is it because its really nice out there. You got the Hamptons out there and those lovely ladies, must be heaven on earth. LATA hellie.

H

HellBoy

:D ... well, yeah.. me and bags get together on some grows sometimes.. :wink:

And when I move, I don't mess around... I'm in Texas now!

YeeeeeeHaaaaaa! Ridem Cowboys!:whip: (..next year, maybe)

922CowboyStar_Helmt.gif
Hellboy

H

HellBoy

Oh yeah.. here is the "collection"... :D

9227059_Cans_Txt800-med.jpg

..don't know exactly what all the weighs.. but they are all 1/2 gallon paint cans except the two on the upper left which are 1 gallon cans...

Looks like I got about 9 gallons of pretty TIGHTLY packed buds... I estimate about 5 z's per half gallon.. soooooo.... 45 z's???

Since I have one crop a year, that's about right.. approx a Z per week will keep me and my close buds and honeys happy! Yowzaaa... :D

922FkTheWOD2.gif
HellBoy

jdub420lg

that is a insane can collection and happy to see that we still have some real growers on long island or should i say had ?