What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most narcotic strain against insomnia

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I've been down that route but cali scene consists of clones onlies so there is not much meaning to that unless you have access to verified clones.i mean terpene profiles are almost always for clones. and i'm not from us. when it comes to seeds, i don't know if any breeder provides average terpene content for their strains. otherwise my tries gave no results, as all those 3 i mentioned are supposed to be myrcene-dominant and yet give no couchlock. thanks for an afghan kush suggestion. it was among my list but nobody could validate how is the smoke, same with nirvana's aurora indica.. some say couchlock others say nope, have changed or what i dunno. let us know if you'll compare old and new version of wos afghan kush.
Ahhhh, good buddy one size does not fit all. A few months back someone takes Bk for a sleeping pill. Bk has the opposite affect on me. Therefore, I use her as a day time strain.

OTOH, I just ran across some Louis XIII so I want to give her a whirl from what I have read, she packs a knock out punch. Anything bred wirh LA Conf, has to be good :)

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My collection leans sativa so I'm probably not the best to ask, but my favorite sleepy indica is a Blackberry Kush cut bred by DJ Short. I'm sure there's folks on here who'd say, "naw Mr. Greengenes, that BK is nothing", but like I say, it doesn't take much to impress me in that area.

Nirrity

yep you see all of you mention cuts. it's good when you can have one.
here's 2 most myrcene-dominant samples i've seen, plus blackberry kush for a comparison.
royal kush has a whopping 3,6% myrcene, to put this in comparison average for og kush is around 2%.. total.

mr greengenes are you the one who bred cherry bomb maui?

Switcher56 yep that's another one - i didn't try genuine bubba, but peyote purple were like 60% indica to me. i remember serious bubble gum was more heavy on me than peyote purple..

Attachments

• royal kush.jpg
    royal kush.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 51
  • gemstone.jpg
    gemstone.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Blackberry Kush.jpg
    Blackberry Kush.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nirrity, thanks for posting those! Me and a smoking buddy have been going on about myrcine lately, so this is perfect.

Yes, I'm the Greengenes who made and released Cherry Bomb to public domain.

Storm Shadow, I have that same SoCal MK cut. Come to think of it, the BK and MK are my two heavy indicas.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
yep you see all of you mention cuts. it's good when you can have one.
here's 2 most myrcene-dominant samples i've seen, plus blackberry kush for a comparison.
royal kush has a whopping 3,6% myrcene, to put this in comparison average for og kush is around 2%.. total.

mr greengenes are you the one who bred cherry bomb maui?

Switcher56 yep that's another one - i didn't try genuine bubba, but peyote purple were like 60% indica to me. i remember serious bubble gum was more heavy on me than peyote purple..
Order came in today. Will post tomorrow :(tiphat)

St. Phatty

For sure, good THC helps with insomnia, for some people.

I took CBD cookies today, made with Sativa fan leaves.

Took a dab of THC cookie (Candyland x Apollo 11 buds from winter grow, smelled great breaking it up.)

Then measured up the CBD dose, started out with .7 grams of dried fan leaves.

Wonder how much CBD that has.

Taking CBD edibles because I had very good experience with them in the past, for insomnia.

jrelax

big thanks to all nice answers.
Im going to try almost all strains named here.
It will take time try them all :)

Next week i will order these seeds to begin with

Black domina
CBD critical cure
Afghan kush

i also wonder if there is any extreme high CBD indica with 1:10 or 1:20 ratio , like 10+ CBD and less than 2% THC?

i will grow them 50% amber and also dark amber.

Dark amber thriclomes better for sleep right?

:dance013: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Wendull C.

Veteran
I started a thread " best knock your ass out strain for sleep", and got a lot of good answers.

Seems what works for people is different. That was my take away.

It was pure Durban poison for me. Other people not so much. If took a lot of sampling to figure out what was best. I started wit the usual suspects being indica and stumbled on Durban as a gift from a distributor.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I'd be interested to hear how the Black Domina is. I keep hearing about that one and have never tried it.

The opposite of anti depressants for me. First half hour after smoking buzz was ok. Then bye bye life force. Just sad. No energy. Not high. Just lame and exactly not what I wanted.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I started a thread " best knock your ass out strain for sleep", and got a lot of good answers.

It was pure Durban poison for me. Other people not so much. If took a lot of sampling to figure out what was best. I started wit the usual suspects being indica and stumbled on Durban as a gift from a distributor.
Gdp puts me to sleep. My wife it is just like taking LSD. She falls asleep but will wake up hours later (after the pill has taken affect) and is wide awake for the remainder of the evening.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Gdp puts me to sleep. My wife it is just like taking LSD. She falls asleep but will wake up hours later (after the pill has taken affect) and is wide awake for the remainder of the evening.

So jealous of your wife.

I find gdp boring. I find LSD wonderful.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen

That's one I would never expect to be sleep inducing. I've heard everyone say that Durban was energizing, not like Haze or a Thai, but its own thing. It would certainly be interesting to try. You know by any chance who the breeder of yours may have been?

Klompen

My solution for this has always been overripe flowers. A couple times in the past I've let plants run past the 15% amber I prefer (I grow indoor). The results at 50% or more amber have been super narcotic, unable to stay awake, cannabis.

Start with something like Sensi Star and let it run until it's mostly amber trichomes. Should only take a puff or two and you'll be lights out in 15 minutes. ;)

This is worth repeating. Its not just the strain you grow but how late you harvest. You'll yield way more too.

jrelax

Hi

Me self grow Feminised photoversions only. I like it easy.

I also write wrong strain name

The strain im going to try is Black Sugar, not Black Domina. Sorry .

The Black Sugar is new for 2018 from Seedsman
they say this about it

Hardy strain with good production and very high THC levels.

Description

A cross between a powerful indica, a potent medical strain and a modern classic, Black Sugar retains all of the best characteristics of its parents.
From its Black Domina line, this strain maintains an incomparable relaxing effect and fast flowering traits.
From its LA OG parent, Black Sugar offers potency and potential therapeutic benefits.
Finally, from its Critical lineage, this plant retains its short stature, making it an ideal strain for indoor, or limited space cultivation.
However, what Black Sugar lacks in stature, she more than makes up for in yield – where she can reach up to 600gr/m2.
With an intensely fruity aroma and dense bus covered in crystals, Black Sugar is a high-THC strain that ought not to be missed.

Characteristics

Breeder/Brand Seedsman Genetics Black Domina x L.A OG x Critical Variety Mostly Indica Flowering Type Photoperiod Sex Feminised THC Content 20%+ CBD Content 0 - 1% Yield Indoors: 600 gr/m2; Outdoors: 800 gr/plant

Flowering Time 50 - 55 days Harvest Month late September - early October Medical Conditions Insomnia Medicinal Properties Yes Taste / Flavour Fruity, Lemon, Orange, Skunk Effect Body, Physical, Powerful, Relaxing, Sedative

it is for insomnia. i hope its good,,,,,,pretty nice genetics