What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

shithawk420

Veteran
Long time no see guys.ended being a passenger in a stolen car.been waiting to see if they were gonna come for me but I should be good.thought I was going to prison for something I didn't do.

Anyway $8 for sashimi tuna? That sounds great to me but I'll bet fresh is way more.i know those sushi makers your talking about pops.the way I see it is if you can roll a good joint you should be able to roll sushi.but I could be wrong.i see sushi master's use bamboo rollers so idk.

I hear you on the rain baba.its storming right now.Think we'll get a break tommorow though
Good to see you guys and thanks for thinking of me.its s real dark time right now.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah crap, sorry to hear that Hawk. Ya know, so often people get in trouble for just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But sounds like theyre not coming after you for it, which is good, although it must have been scary getting pulled over like that. Did they have their guns out since it was a stolen car?

Ive been wanting to smoke some meats, some brisket and pork shoulder, which takes a good 8-15 hours so ive been waiting for some drier weather. We've barely had a day go by without some rain.

If the ribs are wrapped in foil do they still get that nice smokey taste, Pop? What rub did you make, did it have too much pepper in it? For ribs i like to eat them with bbq sauce so if i use a rub on them it tends to be pretty basic, just salt and pepper, maybe brown sugar as well...

Yeah, i think the frozen tuna was only half a lb, but even at $8 ur right Hawk it's way cheaper than fresh sashimi. Still, it made a surprising amount of sushi/poke.

Years ago i tried to make my own sushi, didnt work out too well but i only tried it a couple times, it's like most things, you get better at it with time. I got one of those bamboo mats that Hawk mentioned, throw the seaweed wrapper on there, spread rice and fish and whatever (carrots, avocado, etc) on it and then roll it up nice and tight just like they do in the restaurants. I think ive seen those musubi things you mentioned but have never used one. Theres a big japanese grocery store in the burbs out here but i dont think we have the 99yen stores here, that sounds intriguing though.

I really should carry a knife with me, theyre useful tools, but here in IL anything over a 3inch blade is like a deadly weapon, and anything with a springloaded or assisted opening blade is illegal also.

Years ago i got into swords and bought a longsword, carbon steel not stainless, swung it around a few times but never cut anything with it. It's probably rusting in its scabbard now, with carbon steel you have to oil them now and again.

Incognito could be a big signing for the raiders. He made 3 straight pro bowls in buffalo before retiring last season, now he's making a comeback. He's 36 so who knows how much he has left. Is he really a dirty player like burfict though? He had the whole bullying controversy with the dolphins, which is why he went to buffalo. Then last year when he was out of football he got arrested twice, once for threatening to shoot up a funeral home and another time at a gym for throwing stuff at someone. Maybe it's the CTE talking, or the roids...

Maybe Bosa was overdoing it in practice but you have to figure in real games he has to go 100% also, so im concerned about his durability in a very rough sport. But we'll see, maybe he'll play the next 10 years without any significant injuries, maybe he'll spend half his time injured and rehabbing, all possibilities are open now.

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks Baba.no guns.driver went to jail for revoked liscence.i didn't find out it was stolen till after the fact.i was pissed.stuck in the QCs 2 hours away from home.my ride wasn't happy.when it comes to ribs I thought after the smoker you put the last minutes of cooking on direct heat to carmalise the sauce.pops must have been using a grill not a smoker.

Man I wish we had 99c Japanese stores.BTW 100 yen is 1 dollar.ive got a carbon steel ninjato that's pretty Rusty but still really sharp.its 20 years old though.got a carbon steel katana that I do keep oiled.its very important with expensive swords and knives to keep on that.

Did you know IL is only one of 2 states it's illegal to carry a tazer without an FOID? We have some of the worst laws in the country.especially traffic.

Man I'm pissed I didn't get to see the 100th Bears anniversary but I saw a little bit on YouTube.Goddamn those players were blingled the fuck out!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys!

sounds like you dodged one there hawk'
its easy to get caught up in other peoples mistakes and im glad you were able to get out of this
take care of yourself brother, we need you around for next season!
/be sure to smoke yourself a fatty hawk, thats what freedom tastes like!

hawk is right about me using the grill but i still wrap my ribs for a long smoke
we even put some liquid in the foil sometimes, like apple juice/vinegar
for the first few hours im just cooking the food low and slow and with the ribs im kind of steaming them so they come out super tender and moist
then you unwrap them and put them back in for another few hours
they still pick up that smoke flavor being inside the kettle, it just makes it a little easier when you use the foil (you dont have to worry about them drying out as much or over cooking as long as you dont tear the foil)
for this rub, i used a bunch of that tony cacheries seasoning so i wouldent have to add any salt; other than that it was garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and some celery seeds
but i dident take into account the spice they use so when it all came out it was a little more seasoned than i like
/everyone else thought it was great but i guess i was looking for a certain taste
they use the bamboo mats at a lot of the sushi places around here and we have one too
/best way to make a 4-paper joint!
one trick a friend showed me was to wrap the whole thing in plastic wrap before you roll it out and then cut it with the plastic wrap still on; for some reason it makes the cuts cleaner and the stuff dident fall apart
those are some weak sauce laws about knife blades being 3" but what can i say, i lve in california
here in cali its i think 4" but most knives are made about 3.75-3.8 it seems so they are legal for edc
so no assist at all? next they will go after the ceramic bearings or anything else that make a knife a useful too you can deploy with one hand
/not to say the laws are bullsh!t but we btoh live in states with very high crime areas and its not because of some working man owning a gun for home defense or carrying around a small pocket knife

so k.mack said hes working to be one of the best lb of all time
i think he is one of the greats and time will only tell how far he is able to go
r.incognitto is a total head case for sure baba'
there are stories going back to his college days at neb about him being the meathead bully kind of guy
while i like his intensity on the field he seems like one of those guys who just cant turn it off when he needs to
i tihnk bose is primed for a great career in the nfl; btw did you see the comments kaep made about guys like incognito and bosa and the nfl?
hope you guys are having a great week

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah, that’s good Hawk that the police didn’t hassle you too much. It can be scary when a bunch of cops are pointing guns at you and shouting contradictory instructions: Don’t move! Hands in the air! Don’t you move! Get on the ground!

But that sucked being stuck in the quad cities. It’s not a small town, so if you had people you could hang with it wouldn’t be that bad to be stuck there, but otherwise, yeah it sucks being stuck far from home without a ride.

Yeah, I don’t think pop has a smoker per se, but the weber kettle grills can smoke foods well enough with, as you said, indirect, low heat. And I’ve heard of the wrapping technique as well, like Pop said it’s a good idea to keep the foods from drying out too much while smoking, I think for brisket people will separate the point and the flat with 5-6 hours left and wrap the point in foil and cook that separately so it doesn’t get too well done.

Katana’s are always cool swords to have around, after watching the Walking Dead I think everyone should have a katana for anti-zombie emergencies. But I bought a longsword because you can use a 2 handed grip as well and I think the blade is stronger because it’s a bit thicker/heavier. I thought if I didn’t pull it out so much I wouldn’t have to oil it regularly, but seems like if I don’t clean and oil it every 3-4 months it develops small spots of rust. Theyre easily buffed out but still, it’s not like it gets wet or anything. I guess just air humidity is enough to rust non-stainless steel.

I think decades ago I bought a stun gun in IL without a FOID, they must have changed the law. It wasn’t a tazer though, it didn’t shoot out darts and a wire to stun someone from distance. That thing was fun, I’d shock myself in the thigh, it stung like a mofo.

That tony chachere’s seasoning is creole, so definitely a good amount of red pepper in there. I hear you on avoiding spicy foods Pop. I find myself lightly sweating even when Im not eating something spicy. Is it bad to sweat while im eating a big meal? Im trying to exercise regularly and im not technically obese but that cant be good, eating shouldn’t be like a workout, shouldn’t cause me to break a sweat…

I think real sushi chefs use the bamboo mats all the time, and yeah, using plastic wrap on it keeps the mat from getting dirty and keeps the rolls together nicely. Also wiping the knife with a moist towel to get it wet keeps the cuts clean as your slicing up the roll, keeps the rice from sticking to the blade. I think the reason I didn’t make much sushi is it seems like you need a lot of different ingredients to make a variety of rolls; several different types of fish, vegetables, fish eggs, cooked egg yolk, imitation crab meat, sesame seeds, etc. Plus the raw fish didn’t keep too long once defrosted, pretty much had to eat it within a day or it starts to spoil, even in the fridge, although keeping it on ice in the fridge helps.

When you say a 4 paper joint do you mean a big ass joint, Pop? In that case, do you ever roll blunts? I smoked a lot of blunts with brickweed back in my youth, if you don’t like tobacco you wont like blunts made with cigar wrappers but it will make you feel gangster smoking one.

I think IL changed their law making switchblade knives legal if you have a FOID card, a firearm owners ID card, which is the ID card you need to buy guns and ammo in IL. Interestingly enough if you can prove youre not an IL resident (out of state drivers license) you can buy guns and ammo in IL without a FOID, it applies to residents only.
Still, brass knuckles and shurikens (throwing stars) are still illegal in IL, which is weird cause as a kid throwing stars weren’t uncommon, you always knew a kid or two who was playing with one, throwing it into trees and whatnot. Not sure about easy open knives, Pop, I suppose if you ran into an ignorant cop itching to jam you up you’d be in trouble, but I think legally it has to have some sort of spring assisted opening to be considered automatic/switchblade.

Yeah both IL and CA are mostly rural states with big urban areas with high amounts of gun violence. So our benevolent overlords pass laws to keeps guns out of the wrong hands, only thing is criminals don’t actually follow laws (duh, that’s why theyre criminals) so they still get their hands on guns while making it harder for law abiding citizens to own one. Doesn’t CA have that 10rd mag limit? I always wonder why that’s effective, cant you just remove the plug or stopper in the magazine to restore it’s full capacity? If youre a crazy person wanting to shoot up a place, then breaking the law by modifying your mags isn’t going to stop you.

I totally missed the bears’ 100th anniversary and the Khalil mack news, im going to have to chase those stories down. It’s nice to see mack wanting to get better and better, sometimes when an NFL player gets that big contract the effort level goes down.

Those Nebraska guys were probably juiced up meatheads back when that team was elite. I read a story years ago about an NFL defensive lineman who went to school there, I guess he got heavy into hardcore drugs afterwards, one time he was doing drugs with his girl and she was like don’t u want kids and he’s like, look at us, we’re injecting speedballs u think people like us would be fit parents and she got so mad at him. Lol. So yeah, maybe Incognito is just all sorts of messed up chemically speaking.

I guess Kaepernick is upset that players who are pro-trump get signed and he’s still a free agent. Nick Bosa had some old tweets that criticized Kaepernick for his kneeling during the anthem that he deleted before the draft. Ah well, seems like there’s a lot of good college qb’s coming out and that most teams have their qb’s of the future now, so there’s not much need for someone like Kaepernick, even as a backup…

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i feel like the gun lws in california are simply based on ignorance and crowd thinking
instead of actually addressing the root of the problem ( which is usually mental health or poverty), instead we go after the symptoms
its crazy people who use guns to kill innocent people so lets take all the guns away from everyone
gun laws dont keep people safe,but punishing people who commit crime does
my favorite example of ignorant gun laws is mexico, where it is illegal to even have ammunition; but they have some of the most violent cities on the planet and gun violence is rampant
fwiw, i think the most dangerous gun out there is the shot gun, esp in heavy gauges but you dont hear people clamoring to take those away
a gun is a tool and its all how you use it
kitanas are nice blades and a two handed sword sounds sweet
i bet you can really put some force behind it if weilding it with two hands but you would probally have to spend some time practicing with it to actually use it as an effective weapon
just like going all in on a ko punch, if you dont connect with your first shot you kind of leave yourself open to counter attacks
my favorite all around knife is my kabar camp knife; sharp as a razor and thick enough to split wood but its a fixed blade and a little too much to carry around most of the time
/ques crocodile dundee references
i think politics are becoming way too divisive in the US and the kaepernick thing is a prime example
/racism comes in all flavors and i think kaep is a totaly hypocrite
ultimately,we are all americans and whats good for my neighbor is good for me; but instead we choose to see ourselves as dem/rep, city dweller/ country folk, enlightened/ ignorant fools...
like the cure said, people are peolpe...
one thing ive learned in life is that the more you getr to know someone the more you realize how much you really have in common
/sorry if ive strayed a little off thread; im blaming the liquor
yeah i will smoke a blunt from tiem to time and they used to be really popular
i dont really buy the cigars but have a friend who loves them
its funny because soemtimes the tobacco will hit you harder than the weed, especially for those of us who dont smoke cigarettes
the mrs loves smoking joints tho, so we roll them all the time
right now i have a bunch of those xl papers, not the 1 1/4, even bigger
one of those will make a nice joint but for the four paper joints i would use the orange pack zigzags
its a bunch of smoke to roll up but it burns for a long time and its fun to pass around

hope you are having a great week brother, do you have any plans for the weeeknd?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I’d go farther than that and say most laws in general are based on ignorance of actual human behavior. Like outlawing drugs, you haven’t actually made them disappear from earth, you’ve just driven the market for drugs into the hands of criminals, empowering cartels and street gangs, increasing gun violence and overdoses from adulterated drugs (criminals often don’t care what they put in their product).
I didn’t know it was illegal to own guns in Mexico, that’s crazy since there’s so much gun violence there from the cartels. And don’t most of their guns come from the US also? I'm not sure the US is a very good neighbor to Mexico, we buy most of their drugs and supply most of their guns. If it werent for us they'd probably have way less violent crime.

The Olympics were in Brazil a couple years ago, I know they also have strict gun laws, but the criminals there use guns all the time to carjack and rob people.

A nice 12 gauge shottie loaded with double lot buck is a very nice home defense weapon, way more powerful than a pistol if not as much capacity. it’s a load to shoot though so if you’re elderly or weak-bodied it can be hard to control. I shot my buddy’s once at a range, I didn’t have a good grip on it and it smacked me in the face on the first shot, I legit thought I fractured a cheekbone. Was all good though, didn’t even leave a bruise but I learned my lesson.

The longsword can be used one-handed although it’s rather heavy to do so, the two handed grip gives you much more power in the swing of course but swinging it one handed gives you more reach, you can extend a single arm out farther. I think the longsword developed when metallurgy was pretty advanced in medieval Europe, you could make big sword blades and plate armor. Youre right though, you’d need a lot of practice to use one well, it’s like an axe, you could hit yourself in the leg or foot if youre careless.

Kabar makes good knives, don’t they make knives for the marines? Or seals?

Is a camp knife like a bowie or hunting knife? Or it’s just any big, foot long or more knife? I could see that being useful to strip off small branches for firewood or splitting smaller pieces along the grain. You really need a good knife when camping, it’s so useful for many things.

I think IL’s 3 inch rule comes into play when youre intending to commit a crime, otherwise there’s no max length unless youre in Chicago or some town that has its own laws. I think this allows people to carry big knives when theyre camping or deer hunting - only pistol and shotguns allowed, and bows too. Met a guy who said he bow hunted deer, that seems pretty badass, like being a deer assassin/silent killer.

Yeah, I don’t remember this much strife between Dems and Reps, blues and reds, in the 80s and 90s, but maybe it’s because with internet and social media and cell phones and 24 hour news the conflicts between the two are much more public than before. But yknow, America did once have a civil war with itself, and there’s that saying, you cant get 4 or 5 people in a band to all agree with each other, much less 3-400 million people in a nation. But I agree with you, people all tend to want the same thing, stable gainful employment, an opportunity to raise their children in a decent home, live life without being hassled too much etc.

I quit smoking years ago but yeah, I do remember that nicotine stimulant buzz. Went well with coffee too.
I like joints too but dont miss how wet the draw end gets after it gets around. I always tried to inhale without leaving too much saliva on the end but after one go round it always came back really moist. I still toked and never got herpes or anything like that but it always made me think im basically kissing every other person that’s toking.

Don’t have too much planned this weekend, supposed to rain tomorrow and then be cool again so that’ll nice except for the rain. Maybe just catch up on house chores, things like that. Maybe catch up on movies ive missed over the past year or two, still haven’t seen that bumblebee movie.

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey sup guys.not gonna say too much but yeah I had to sit in a small ass gas station at 4 in the morning till about 7 or 8.even saw the the guy who was towing the car pull in.i was so thirsty I asked if I could get my Sprite from the car I was so thirsty.he said no of course.the manager of the gas station was so nice she said I could have coffee and pop for free while my ride was coming. And get this boys.they were so nice that she got here husband up at 6 in the morning to show my driver how to get to me to pick me up.that was so nice and my ride had no clue how to get here.he when to far into Iowa.

But yeah just terrible.i hope I'll never be that stupid again.it was love,booze and drugs.no fucking way I'll be that dumb again.

Think I'm gonna get some rain over here Baba.otherwise I'm gonna grill gotta check the weather. The floods have been passing me but not the rain.

Cheers to freedom boys

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fellas! its the weekend
can you believe its already june? this year is flying by
sounds like some really nice people helped you make the best of a shit situation hawk
what are you thinking of cooking up this weekend?

no just illegal to have a gun in mex but to even have bullets
brazil is another country that has crazy murder rates
i hear there are areas where the police dont even go unless they are kitted up in full battle rattle
its all symptoms of a failed goverment and a broken society
you are so right that the way to regulate something is not to make it illegal; in many ways that has the exact opposite effect
/putting the control into the hands of people who are less scrupulous and often just plain evil
im all for imposing limits and things like that, but the goverment should not be telling an adult what they can and cant put into their body
a shot gun is a great weapon for home defense but you are right, they can be a handful in the larger gauges
my kabar is called a turok and i chose it specifically because it is a little smaller than your typical hunting knife
i would say a camp knife is just a fixed blade knife i guess, one used for camping?
/just looked it up and it say they are typical thicker than a hunting knife and are meant to be versatile
bows are pretty sweet too if you know how to use them
super silent and effective, i can see them having all the challenge of target shooting with the added nuance of drawing the bow back to shoot
we recently have been having some problems with racoon getting our chickens so i bought myself a c02 pellet pistol and man, its a lot of fun to shoot
so me and the mrs are heading out later to toss some frisbee
a friend of mine is really into dics golf and was kind enough to lend us a few
so far we have been having a lot of fun with it and im cool having things we can enjoy together
hope you guys have a great weekend

shithawk420

Veteran
Brazil? Didnt you watch the movie The City Of God? Its a true story.good movie. But yeah unless the weather is bad i will probably grill some ribeye or something.the weather is just something else.got new records.

Sorry to go off topic but i dont who else to ask.i got this bottom of the barrel "butter" that looks like cow pies ie cow shit.they are are trying to say its the " good stuff" but i dont know.its got sticks and shit but i can smell it was something.what do you guys think? Sorry ill take it to the other thread but wondered what you guys thought.is there any good stuff at the end of a isomizer? I think i got crap lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ive never seen city of god but maybe we will see if its on netflix or something
its hard to say without seeing/smelling the product but it sounds like you have some doubts about this stuff, hawk'
so is this butter (like you would use to cook) or the left overs from an extraction?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It's nice that the gas station owners were good to you, Hawk, proves that theres still decent people in this world. I bet you must have been exhausted by the time you got home, being up all night into the morning. And like you said, lesson learned and now it's something you can sorta, kinda look back on and laugh about.
Have you seen a lot of flooding? I'm not near any rivers so luckily ive been able to avoid flooding, but the sump pump has been working overtime the last month or so...

It's funny you mentioned the butter, Hawk, when i used to post in the midwest grower's thread I once posted a pic of some cannabutter I had made, I didn’t have any cheesecloth at the time (I should have used a paper towel to strain it instead) and so none of the leaves and popcorn buds got strained out. When the pot cooled down in the fridge, I lifted the cold butter from the water and it looked gnarly, the top of the butter was nice and light green but the bottom was dark green/black and contained all the plant matter that I didn’t strain out. So yeah, definitely looked gross on the bottom, this dark pulpy mass, but when I cooked with it I don’t think I noticed a difference, maybe a stronger cannabis taste but the plant matter was cooked long enough where it because super soft, it’s not like I was chewing on leaves.
So im thinking maybe that’s what you got, some person made cannabutter but didn’t strain it, didn’t like the look of the stuff on the bottom and just gave it away instead of throwing it out or using it.
Should still have a decent amount of thc I would think, and if it’s not spoiled or anything should be ok to use. If it’s got stems and twigs in there maybe take those out first, maybe heating it up until it’s liquid it would be easy to take out the wood. Also if you want to clean it up you can heat it up and then strain it through some paper towels, the resulting butter will probably be very dark green but maybe look more appetizing.
Is an isomizer a vaporizer? I suppose resin from one would have thc and be cleaner than resin from a bong or pipe where your burning weed, I remember those days where I’d have to roll up a ball of resin dug out from a pipe/bong stem and smoke that, gets you somewhat high but obviously not quality smoke.

Yeah, I think in the US you cant even own ammo if youre a prohibited person, like a felon. Which always struck me as weird, it’s like what if you forgot you had a bullet or two in your house and you get arrested for that? Whats the point, what good is a bullet without a gun, am I going to throw it at someone?

Yeah, I saw some news special about the violence in brazil years ago, they had their police swat team that would go into the barrios and get into shootouts with the gangs, they had full auto FN-FALs, and had to wear bandannas over their faces to hide their identity, I guess it’s like Mexico the gangs will go after a cop’s family if they know their identity.
It’s like the opposite in America, where you have police swat teams raid someone’s house for dealing a quarter oz of bud or cock fighting, shooting the dog, pointing guns at kids. Im not sure American police could handle the stuff brazil or Mexico police face with their gangs, as soon as they took rifle fire they’d probably run away and call in a robot or the national guard.

I suppose there’s some logic in drug laws in that you don’t want people abusing narcotics, no more than you want people abusing legal drugs, but the actual effect of the laws seems to only make the problem worse, not better.

I guess a hunting knife is more for skinning game, and a camp knife would be useful for cutting firewood? I guess you could use it for digging a small hole too if you needed, although that might dull the blade more than you like. How often do you sharpen it?

I had a friend describe bowhunting to me as, because youre doing it at shorter ranges than with a gun, you have to hide in the trees/brush and then draw back as you see a deer, and hold that position as it slowly gets closer and closer. So yeah, it’s basically like a sneak attack on the deer, except you’re keeping still and letting the target come to you.

You keep chickens hawk? That same friend wanted to get a chicken hutch, but had to move into an apartment to be closer to work. Is it just for eggs or do you occasionally kill one for meat? It makes you appreciate being able to buy meat at the grocery when you realize back in the day the only meat you’d eat was what you killed yourself, whether it was hunting or farming.

That same friend also had a pellet rifle, it was an air rifle no co2 but he had a lot of fun plinking in the backyard at soda cans, he could have taken a bunch of squirrels back there too but didn’t bother.

I think disc golf is some good exercise, knew a dude who was into it heavily, I guess you do a lot of running during it?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah man, im curious about this cow pie too
sometimes the mrs makes her butter and she wont strain it and i swear it is a different high
unless you are eating the butter it straight you dont notice the extra texture and maybe the rice crispy treats have some green flecks in them but its nbd if thats what ya mean
i have some chickens baba'
we have six chickens the limit you can have in the city
i wont eat the chickens but my mom will
we just eat the eggs
we arent up to the level of actually playing real disc golf right now, just throwing and stuff like that
but we try and hit targets and its fun to walk (the mrs will run) to where the frisbee lands
/my friend at work is totally into it and talks about "pro" courses and tossing 600-700 ft

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Is the high better when she doesn’t strain the butter? More complex maybe? There’s a lot of cannabinoids in mj, thc-c (or is it -a?) is the most psychoactive one but the others probably add depth to the high…
Yeah, when I made cookies with the unstrained butter, there was a green tint and green flecks in them, maybe a stronger mj taste but otherwise it wasn’t gross or anything. I hope hawk’s butter worked out well for him, since it’s been cooked already he probably can just eat it straight and get high, if he can stand the taste (butter and sugar do a lot to hide the bitterness).

Yeah, I figured most people who keep chickens hardly eat them, it’s the slaughtering that’s the problem. Well that, and having to replace the chicken, probably have to grow it again from a chick.
Ive seen chickens killed by twisting their head completely off, and they still run around for a bit. Or they put them head down into some big funnel like device and slit their throats so the blood can drain. All kind of gross and nasty, much prefer to get my meat at the store, especially since chicken isnt more than $1-2 a lb usually.

Man, a 600ft frisbee throw? That’s like 2 football fields. Do you need some special super-aerodynamic frisbee for that? My buddy who was into disc golf heavily, he joined some rec leagues, it was good exercise for him, when he didn’t play as much he put on some weight. But anything that gets you outside and moving a lot is good.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning guys!
hope you all had a great weekend
the discs you play disc golf with are totally different from the frisbees we grew up with
they have different sizes and weights and are made of different plastics
he let us use a set, basically a driver, mid range and putter type discs
yeah i couldent believe how far these things could travel but the can fly, and i be once you know how to throw them they can really sail
right now we are throwing them about 10-15 yds accurately and can just whip it a little farther but we still have a long way to go
i kind of like the chickens and it would be like eating the family dog
growing up my grandparents had animals for food, but you dident really interact wiht them that much
our backyard chickens are kind of cool and we just keep them as pets/ egg layers
after a while you learn to recognize their own individual personalities and some of them are actually pretty cool
that sounds like the eatables the mrs will make with out straining the mix
even when she strains the mix the butter will have their weird gree hue, and when she dosent strain it its like garlic bread butter (where you can see a bunch of ground leafs and twigs)
but unless you are eating the butter straight you dont really notice the added texture in food and i do think it adds something to your trip
if nothing else its a bit of added fiber and who knows what other good stuff like you said baba'
if you wanted hawk you could always strain your stuff through a cheese cloth or coffee filter

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I had a decent weekend but didnt accomplish as much as i wanted. I discovered a stash of liquor that I forgot about and after a swig or three i kind of get easily distracted. Sigh....:comfort:

It's not supposed to rain for the next couple days so im fixing to do some grilling, got some raw meats ready to go, ill try to post pics. I was at the mexican grocery the other day and tried to find that pork seasoning you had but couldn't. It's made with annatto spice? They had ground annatto there, several different types, but couldnt find that exact same seasoning packet you had.

Hmm, maybe i should read up on disc golf a bit, sounds like i dont know squat about it. Even the name sounds weird to me: disc golf. I understand the concept of golf well enough, you aim the ball towards the hole. Is there a point or hole that youre trying to aim for in disc golf? I'll have to look it up. I always figured it was like frisbee, youre just throwing the disc back and forth to each other, maybe with more running and leaping to catch it.

Yeah, i could see chickens being more like pets after a while, especially if you grew them from chicks. Are you able to get 6 eggs a day from them? Is it worth the cost of feed? Around here you can get a dozen eggs for anywhere from $1-$1.80.

Looks like Foles missed mini camp because his wife had a miscarriage when she was 4mths pregnant. That's sad.

Jags signed terrelle pryor to bolster their WR group. He had a thousand yd season with the browns in 2016 but turned down a 4yr, 32M (17M guaranteed) offer from them to sign a 1yr 8M offer with the redskins. He's struggled since with injuries and ineffectiveness but maybe he can turn it around with the jags, if he's healthy he should get some playing time.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the jags could use the depth at wr and i hope pryor can put up decent numbers this season
i remember the pre draft hype surrounding him and how he was supposed to play at qb but ended up at wr for teh raiders
i feed my chickens a lot of food scraps and stuff from the kitchen in addition to feed,so im not spending that much on their food; but my mom is nuts about what she feeds her chickens
she will buy this krill at the asian market because its supposed to boost the omega-3s in the eggs and feeds them scrape from her garden and brown rice
we get our stuff bulk so rice is dirt cheap but it can be a pita making thema pot of rice every couple days
i just kind of let my birds free range
i make sure they have a full feeder of feed and then give them things like left over bread and trimmings from our vegetables, the other day i put out the rind from some watermellons we got and they loved them
the kind of friss you are describing is called ultimate frisbee i think; ive seen guys playing it at a field by where we ride mountain bikes
its just like football but you play with a frisbee; what we are getting into is disc gold where you throw at a basket
we arent throwing at a basket just yet, but more like choosing a target off in the distance (say that tree over there) and just seeing how close we can get to hitting it
i figure after we get used to throwing the discs around we will start trying to actually sink them into the baskets
there is this park we went to once that has the baskets so we could practice there once we get good enough
but for now its all just for fun and we are having ablast
so the grill is back in action?
thats great that you got some good meat and i hope it turns out danky
a lot of those places will actually season the meat for you if you ask, i just found out stater bros will do this for you too
so what cuts did you pick up? the toscino seasoning i got is more phillipino style i guess, but i think it did have some annatto in it
so what did you end up running with for seasoning?
hope it came out grinding and you should def post up some pics!

shithawk420

Veteran
heres a pick of the cow pie butter.still havent made brownies with it yet.if you guys say its ok then ill make brownies but damn its gonn be a little work:tiphat:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wow dude, it looks really dried out, almost like dirt clods
/its prob just the pic
but if it smells ok i bet it has some kick in it
i would try it out first and see what its like