What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rules for IC420 Cup

TDK

Veteran
Hi All,

since the IC420 Cup 2016
I think we should talk open to hold the rules of the Cup.

The First: Nobody had to Vote on there own stuff.

Deadline is Deadline other pack´s that ARRIVED are then Testpacks or others.

that are 2 basics awaiting more

It´s too much work for the people they try to make the Cup.

write other thing´s here too.

J_hoover

No groups should be allowed to take multiple judge packs!!

We can clearly see the biased votes every year!

Giving yourself 10s all the way!! I did not even think my stuf was 10 all the way!! Makes me laugh coz sum of ppl who give themselfs 10s your stuff wasnt that special!!

No apologies from
Me peepz!! Hate or f##king love it

TDK

Veteran
thanks for your few words
and here so another Basic/ Rule:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No groups should be allowed to take multiple judge packs.[/FONT]

Giving yourself 10s all the way!! I did not even think my stuf was 10 all the way!! Makes me laugh coz sum of ppl who give themselfs 10s your stuff wasnt that special!!

I didnt think my stuff was 10 too, but not 1...of course that is :off2:

Want only Rules here, what we can hold or Try to hold

regards
:tiphat:

TDK

Veteran
Blind judging should be a must.

:biggrin:

I see people eat blind or in the Dark think that´s something to smile.

Smoking blind is ok, but i need to feel it.
Before smoking the first smell from it, you need to see and vote under light..

atm i think blind smoking is not so good, otherwise that could be a new competition:thank you:

regards

KingSkillz

:biggrin:

I see people eat blind or in the Dark think that´s something to smile.

Smoking blind is ok, but i need to feel it.
Before smoking the first smell from it, you need to see and vote under light..

atm i think blind smoking is not so good, otherwise that could be a new competition:thank you:

regards

I think he was referring to not labeling who grew it. Maybe just the name or category and not a team or individual.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Re friends voting, I think it is very simple, you cannot vote on your own gear, OR ANYTHING YOU RECOGNISE.............. Some people seem to think "Helping their friend" is somehow OK, or that "the others are doing it"... but this is pure Bullshit, there is only one open, free, international cup for us, unbelievably, so we must do whatever we can to keep it open and fair, untainted by the fakery greed and falseness of so many others

TDK

Veteran
I think he was referring to not labeling who grew it. Maybe just the name or category and not a team or individual.

ok, that is good

All these rules already exist for ic420.
I know KarmaG but we can clear see what happend this Year.

Re friends voting, I think it is very simple, you cannot vote on your own gear, OR ANYTHING YOU RECOGNISE.............. Some people seem to think "Helping their friend" is somehow OK, or that "the others are doing it"... but this is pure Bullshit, there is only one open, free, international cup for us, unbelievably, so we must do whatever we can to keep it open and fair, untainted by the fakery greed and falseness of so many others

sign.

And that is why i write this Thread!

regards

toppin

Veteran
To be honest I don't think it's best practice that you can even judge the category that you have entered into. It seems like a floored system from the start. The minute a contestants gets his hand on the judges pack for the category that he or she has entered, there is a conflict of interest from the get go.

But ultimately it's the responsibility of the judges to take pride in what they do. Take pride in being a judge at the icmag 420 cup and be true and fair to yourself. Otherwise your just doing an injustice to the cup and you should even have the privilege to vote.

74G

personnelle i really like that all people who are talking on some others vote truly say who they are talking too cause if not it'll still SHIT.... .. .
We are adult we can handle that no ???

An i personnaly put some 10 in my vote so if anybody has a problem with that just let me know cause i'll explain them why i put a 10 on taste or smell or whatever and for me this cup is just love and passion so if u want it to become hate and tricks u are on the good way... .. .

Personnage i never and i think never will put a 10 in all category but i already put it in some for some and it's not a trick to help friends or whatever you can think... .. .

Hope it'll all stay in humble way and all the best to all and i know what i like and i most of the time put HIGHER note than others maybe but it is cause for me i see all the work dedication and time and love put in some so i put most of the time more 8 or 9 than 5 or 6 but that's just me... .. .

All the best to all... .. .

And hope to talk to all asap... .. .

74G

To be honest I don't think it's best practice that you can even judge the category that you have entered into. It seems like a floored system from the start. The minute a contestants gets his hand on the judges pack for the category that he or she has entered, there is a conflict of interest from the get go.

But ultimately it's the responsibility of the judges to take pride in what they do. Take pride in being a judge at the icmag 420 cup and be true and fair to yourself. Otherwise your just doing an injustice to the cup and you should even have the privilege to vote.

Good point... .. .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
we already have all this being discussed, not sure why we need another thread?

as KG said we already have most of the rules you folks are mentioning. what happened this year was a glitch.

there is something to be said for not voting on the category you entered. i am planing to write a ic 420 cup, rules and concept document that can be left up for all future years, that way there can be no misunderstandings. over the last 5 years we have gathered quite a lot of experience, i will include every thing we have learned up to now on how to make it as fair and transparent as humanly possible under the circumstances of the ic 420 cup. once i'm done ill post it up for feed back.

TDK

Veteran
personnelle i really like that all people who are talking on some others vote truly say who they are talking too cause if not it'll still SHIT.... .. .
We are adult we can handle that no ???

An i personnaly put some 10 in my vote so if anybody has a problem with that just let me know cause i'll explain them why i put a 10 on taste or smell or whatever and for me this cup is just love and passion so if u want it to become hate and tricks u are on the good way... .. .

Personnage i never and i think never will put a 10 in all category but i already put it in some for some and it's not a trick to help friends or whatever you can think... .. .

Hope it'll all stay in humble way and all the best to all and i know what i like and i most of the time put HIGHER note than others maybe but it is cause for me i see all the work dedication and time and love put in some so i put most of the time more 8 or 9 than 5 or 6 but that's just me... .. .

All the best to all... .. .

And hope to talk to all asap... .. .

i want only Rules here , not on how you vote or else.:thank you:
cause you know by ya self we have other thread for that :biggrin:

as KG said we already have most of the rules you folks are mentioning. what happened this year was a glitch.

there is something to be said for not voting on the category you entered. i am planing to write a ic 420 cup, rules and concept document that can be left up for all future years, that way there can be no misunderstandings. over the last 5 years we have gathered quite a lot of experience, i will include every thing we have learned up to now on how to make it as fair and transparent as humanly possible under the circumstances of the ic 420 cup. once i'm done ill post it up for feed back.

thanks gaiusmarius sounds good in my ear.

regards

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran

Good move Gaius, the best move forward is to take what we have learned and move forward in a positive manner and improve things like that.

The problem I see is that it is actually very tricky to discuss 10 or 20 points and their fine details in an open forum, the conversation gets bogged down in details, arguments and people putting in ideas without reading the whole thread or genuinely entering the conversation... So what would be best is if a few people get together and work on this together, then publish proposals (with some explanations) for a few tweaks. Gaius has already volunteered :biggrin:

The issue of entrants being able to judge/vote was something I helped push for ages ago, because so many of the Judges were people who also wanted to enter... I know less than 5 regulars at the 420 who don't (cannot) really grow.. So if we can have a system that allows, fairly, for people to do both, then it is good for the cup in many ways, but it has to be tweaked a little bit to remove all scope for arguments.

The issues from this year are not just self voting, there was clearly tactical voting and it affected the results substantially.

TDK

Veteran
Good move Gaius, the best move forward is to take what we have learned and move forward in a positive manner and improve things like that.

The problem I see is that it is actually very tricky to discuss 10 or 20 points and their fine details in an open forum, the conversation gets bogged down in details, arguments and people putting in ideas without reading the whole thread or genuinely entering the conversation... So what would be best is if a few people get together and work on this together, then publish proposals (with some explanations) for a few tweaks. Gaius has already volunteered :biggrin:

The issue of entrants being able to judge/vote was something I helped push for ages ago, because so many of the Judges were people who also wanted to enter... I know less than 5 regulars at the 420 who don't (cannot) really grow.. So if we can have a system that allows, fairly, for people to do both, then it is good for the cup in many ways, but it has to be tweaked a little bit to remove all scope for arguments.

The issues from this year are not just self voting, there was clearly tactical voting and it affected the results substantially.

please hold the thread for the rules.

i know what you mean..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]gaiusmarius was in this year not invoulved to this, he told before in other thread..

I am very glad that he take his Hands on it.
So give him a bit time.

Rules-Thread!
[/FONT]

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks TDK for raising this point.

As you will see, the issues raised are actually not new, and there are rules to prevent that from happening.

So allow me to advance the discussion and ask: WHO implements these rules, and if mistakes have been acknowledged, WHY have they not been fixed?

Ultimately, HOW can these rules be made to work, considering that some of those participating might have a degree in breaking the rules (not just the ICmag cup rules)? :laughing:

B

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
IC 420 Cup Rules

IC 420 Cup Rules

so this is the Rules document i promised to share here. i had to edit 1 or 2 details that are related to security and can only be read in the encrypted 420 cup forum.

IC 420 Cup 2017 Rules:

NO taking Face Pics

Cup Entry Rules:

To enter this year, 33g cannabis per entry will be needed. for Hash, 7g per entry is required. Rosin entries should also be 7g. no entering fee is required.

Each entrant can enter up to 5 entries, we will have the following categories:

A) Breeder; Sativa dominant
B) Breeder; Indica dominant

C) Grower; Sativa dominant
D) Grower; Indica dominant

E) Hashish, no oil/bho allowed, mixed in or otherwise.

F) Rosin

breeder means anyone who has a seed making/selling company or is a vendor on icmag. grower means everyone else who might wish to enter.

The first three places of each category; Grower Indica dominant, Grower Sativa dominant, Breeder Indica dominant and Breeder Sativa dominant, will win a cup inscribed to commemorate their success. the first three places in the Hashish category will equally win inscribed cups, the results will be announced from the top score downwards, so people can see how they did over all, in all categories too. this year we will have a trophy for best rosin entry too. rosin entries will be passed out with the hash packs, but they will be scored separately and the best Rosin entry will win one of our unique ic 420 cup glass trophies

Entries must be on site by April the 15th. late arrivals will be shared out as gifts and will not be entered in the cup. contact gaiusmarius by pm or by gaius@icmag.com, for our packing, coding and shipping instructions. if you can get your entries to Amsterdam yourself, please make sure they are there and ready by the 15th of April at the latest.

when applying for shipping etc instructions, please include; your ic nick, if not a member of ic, your company name, the strain name, category (breeder/grower) and whether it's Indica dominant or Sativa dominant? this info is needed to make the ballots.

To enter the Grower or Breeder category in this Cup, the entrant has to have grown the entry out. no bought product is allowed to be entered.

If any one category is smaller then 6 entries in the end. we reserve the right to put both Growers and Breeders entries of that category together to make it a genuine competition.

6. Entries should be pre bagged to insure each 1g sample looks it's best when it gets to the judge. you must use neutral baggies, no identifying markings allowed. if we have to bag your entry up we will not be giving it an extra trim or anything, so you could lose points for the visual aspect. hash samples should be 21 x 0.3g portions and weed should be 33 x 1g portions. an extra bud for the packers is always appreciated :D

7. as always at the IC 420 Cup, the entries will be numbered randomly so they can be judged anonymously, no strain or breeder name to distract ones judgment. Entrants must not identify their entries to other cup goers under any circumstances.

Voting and Judging Rules:

Judge Packs will be available for a donation of ? euro for hash packs and ? euro for weed packs, to cover expenses. we will have Hash, Indica and Sativa judge packs.

The ballots you receive with your judge pack should be initialed as soon as you get them so you don't get them mixed up with other members. the voting will be online again, so you don't even need to use the ballot sheet and can vote directly online, if you want. either way, just as long as you end up with all your scores entered in the cup application. failing to judge all the samples is a reason to go to the back of the lists for judging eligibility next time if there is a shortage of judge packs. so try not to take on more judging then you can actually achieve.

there will be some instructions and guidelines for using the voting app included with JPs

No tactical voting will be allowed, tactical voting will be sanctioned by disqualification. tactical voting means trying to help someone in particular to win by scoring their entries generously and all others notably lower, or trying to pressure others to vote a certain sample up or down. identification and discussion of your own entry with other judges is not allowed and will result in disqualification. our voting app has an outlier recognition algorithm that can discount crazy votes

it is also strictly prohibited to identify your own entry to other cup goers. i ask all the cup attendees to help the staff make sure that this rule is being followed. we will disqualify your entry if we catch anyone breaking this rule

We want to allow people to enter the cup and still be able to judge all the other entries. so when a judge is judging his own entry, his score for his entry will not count. the winners will be decided by averages, so a missing vote will not effect the outcome. this year the voting app will allow us to enter multiple names for an entries entrant, this way collectives and teams that enter will all not be able to vote on their entry. but even if you are able to vote on an entry that you are part of entering, or even have only an interest in how it does, then you shouldn't vote on it.

you must have entered your scores into the ic cup voting module (voting app) online by the time that we announce in the schedule.

6. like always the voting will be 100% transparent, i.e. the membership will see each judges votes for each strain after the event. i know it always cause a few discussions, but imo it's worth it to be able to show everyone with out any doubts that everything is fair and above board. that way anyone can go over the numbers to check the results for them selves.

HolyGrailP

so this is the Rules document i promised to share here. i had to edit 1 or 2 details that are related to security and can only be read in the encrypted 420 cup forum.

IC 420 Cup 2017 Rules:

NO taking Face Pics

Cup Entry Rules:

To enter this year, 33g cannabis per entry will be needed. for Hash, 7g per entry is required. Rosin entries should also be 7g. no entering fee is required.

Each entrant can enter up to 5 entries, we will have the following categories:

A) Breeder; Sativa dominant
B) Breeder; Indica dominant

C) Grower; Sativa dominant
D) Grower; Indica dominant

E) Hashish, no oil/bho allowed, mixed in or otherwise.

F) Rosin

breeder means anyone who has a seed making/selling company or is a vendor on icmag. grower means everyone else who might wish to enter.

The first three places of each category; Grower Indica dominant, Grower Sativa dominant, Breeder Indica dominant and Breeder Sativa dominant, will win a cup inscribed to commemorate their success. the first three places in the Hashish category will equally win inscribed cups, the results will be announced from the top score downwards, so people can see how they did over all, in all categories too. this year we will have a trophy for best rosin entry too. rosin entries will be passed out with the hash packs, but they will be scored separately and the best Rosin entry will win one of our unique ic 420 cup glass trophies

Entries must be on site by April the 15th. late arrivals will be shared out as gifts and will not be entered in the cup. contact gaiusmarius by pm or by gaius@icmag.com, for our packing, coding and shipping instructions. if you can get your entries to Amsterdam yourself, please make sure they are there and ready by the 15th of April at the latest.

when applying for shipping etc instructions, please include; your ic nick, if not a member of ic, your company name, the strain name, category (breeder/grower) and whether it's Indica dominant or Sativa dominant? this info is needed to make the ballots.

To enter the Grower or Breeder category in this Cup, the entrant has to have grown the entry out. no bought product is allowed to be entered.

If any one category is smaller then 6 entries in the end. we reserve the right to put both Growers and Breeders entries of that category together to make it a genuine competition.

6. Entries should be pre bagged to insure each 1g sample looks it's best when it gets to the judge. you must use neutral baggies, no identifying markings allowed. if we have to bag your entry up we will not be giving it an extra trim or anything, so you could lose points for the visual aspect. hash samples should be 21 x 0.3g portions and weed should be 33 x 1g portions. an extra bud for the packers is always appreciated :D

7. as always at the IC 420 Cup, the entries will be numbered randomly so they can be judged anonymously, no strain or breeder name to distract ones judgment. Entrants must not identify their entries to other cup goers under any circumstances.

Voting and Judging Rules:

Judge Packs will be available for a donation of ? euro for hash packs and ? euro for weed packs, to cover expenses. we will have Hash, Indica and Sativa judge packs.

The ballots you receive with your judge pack should be initialed as soon as you get them so you don't get them mixed up with other members. the voting will be online again, so you don't even need to use the ballot sheet and can vote directly online, if you want. either way, just as long as you end up with all your scores entered in the cup application. failing to judge all the samples is a reason to go to the back of the lists for judging eligibility next time if there is a shortage of judge packs. so try not to take on more judging then you can actually achieve.

there will be some instructions and guidelines for using the voting app included with JPs

No tactical voting will be allowed, tactical voting will be sanctioned by disqualification. tactical voting means trying to help someone in particular to win by scoring their entries generously and all others notably lower, or trying to pressure others to vote a certain sample up or down. identification and discussion of your own entry with other judges is not allowed and will result in disqualification. our voting app has an outlier recognition algorithm that can discount crazy votes

it is also strictly prohibited to identify your own entry to other cup goers. i ask all the cup attendees to help the staff make sure that this rule is being followed. we will disqualify your entry if we catch anyone breaking this rule

We want to allow people to enter the cup and still be able to judge all the other entries. so when a judge is judging his own entry, his score for his entry will not count. the winners will be decided by averages, so a missing vote will not effect the outcome. this year the voting app will allow us to enter multiple names for an entries entrant, this way collectives and teams that enter will all not be able to vote on their entry. but even if you are able to vote on an entry that you are part of entering, or even have only an interest in how it does, then you shouldn't vote on it.

you must have entered your scores into the ic cup voting module (voting app) online by the time that we announce in the schedule.

6. like always the voting will be 100% transparent, i.e. the membership will see each judges votes for each strain after the event. i know it always cause a few discussions, but imo it's worth it to be able to show everyone with out any doubts that everything is fair and above board. that way anyone can go over the numbers to check the results for them selves.

Hi gaiusmarius,
I just got curious about the cup. Can any grower participate in the cup? I want to know even new grower can join the cup for the new experience, if grower meets the requirements such as 33g of own grown stash/7g of hashish etc.
Thanks for your time
:tiphat::tiphat: