What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best thing I EVER added to my res...

MD84

Pool shock is supposed to contain calcium carbonate too-limestone. Which does not dissolve very well. Maybe pure calcium hydrochlorite would be better. I'll let you know how well it dissolves when mine arrives.

Steven/nevetS

Silicon, recirculating pump, heatpad/waterproofed electric blanket, and more volume or larger rez to keep pH & E. C. MORE Stable after adding all other things like nutes apart from that, yeah
The silicon for the plants strength and also pH up I use it for but the recirculating pump larger rez & electric blanket with temp control.
I truly believe a large rez is key for keeping everything stable longer.
Meaning less checks if doing it manually.
Sometimes the heat from the recirculating pump is enough heat for the rez in summer and the electric blanket with heat control pad.
Also use electric blankets on pots/under pots if not growing hydro also.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Silicon, recirculating pump, heatpad/waterproofed electric blanket, and more volume or larger rez to keep pH & E. C. MORE Stable after adding all other things like nutes apart from that, yeah
The silicon for the plants strength and also pH up I use it for but the recirculating pump larger rez & electric blanket with temp control.
I truly believe a large rez is key for keeping everything stable longer.
Meaning less checks if doing it manually.
Sometimes the heat from the recirculating pump is enough heat for the rez in summer and the electric blanket with heat control pad.
Also use electric blankets on pots/under pots if not growing hydro also.
I used to grow DWC and agree with douglas cutis about water temps being 65-69*F. I also agree with you about large rez being more stable. BUT most DWC will benifit with a chiller to keep temps at that 65-69*F level. I've never heard of heating pads for DWC unless your ambient temps are very low to start with.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I actually do use heat in my DWC, now that it's been mentioned. I use a 10 gallon aquarium heater, set at 68F, in 50 gallons of nutrient solution.

My incoming airstone air is 65F, 24/7. This keeps a **very** even temperature regardless of lights on or off.