What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ALOE VERA

al-k-mist

So i am using Georges 'always active' aloe w no preservatives. Seems to work, using cc's cloning tek, from another forum

B

BlueJayWay

Al-k-mist -

The reason George's is preservative free is they remove all the polysaccharides, we don't want that - you'll notice a better response switching to Lilly of the Desert preservative free or better yet save yourself a lot of money and get the powder

Myself and CC both went through using George's at first, for the same reason you are - once you switch you can taste the difference, literally. The original ROLS thread has all this documented somewhere in the first 50 pages :D

It certainly works and I wouldn't throw it out, but it doesn't provide the full benefits of pure aloe.

shmalphy

Veteran
I put fresh aloe in my mist cloner the other day (puree'd fresh whole leaf, green liquid) and now it is bright purple... I used a homemade cloner that has PVC cement holding it together that is about the same color... I am not sure if the aloe dissolved that, but what else would make it turn such an unnatural color?

O

OrganicOzarks

Started testing aloe a few weeks ago, and I am actually very surprised at the response in flower. I can not tell any difference in veg, but the plants in flower are praying at a much more exaggerated rate. That can't be a bad thing.:)

I am using Lily of the Valley Preservative free. I get it wholesale, and free shipping so I am not in a hurry to try to get the concentrated powder. Although I would have more room in my seed fridge if I did.:)

hbj1891

Al-k-mist -

The reason George's is preservative free is they remove all the polysaccharides, we don't want that - you'll notice a better response switching to Lilly of the Desert preservative free or better yet save yourself a lot of money and get the powder

Myself and CC both went through using George's at first, for the same reason you are - once you switch you can taste the difference, literally. The original ROLS thread has all this documented somewhere in the first 50 pages :D

It certainly works and I wouldn't throw it out, but it doesn't provide the full benefits of pure aloe.

get the juice, not the gel, unless you want it strictly for rooting clones...

hbj1891

Al-k-mist -

this is 100% correct

hbj1891

this is 100% correct

excuse me. correction. the georges is preservative free, because it is preservative free, not because they take out the polysaccarides. the georges is distilled, this process removes the polysaccarides and many of the healthy and beneficial compounds.

go with the lily of the desert, preservative free(purple label) juice not gel. imho this is better than any powder

h.h.

Veteran
Aloe oxidizes quickly turning a variety of colors.
I find it useful to shave with. Smooth skin, razors last longer.
I can't believe this goose is still flying.
Oh yeah, it has saponins...It's what plants crave:tumbleweed:

V

vonforne

I can't believe this goose is still flying.

it seems as though a lot of the old threads have been revived lately..........it is a good thing. It means they are learning as we once did.

h.h.

Veteran
it seems as though a lot of the old threads have been revived lately..........it is a good thing. It means they are learning as we once did.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]polysaccharide[/FONT]

It's all good, though a discussion on [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]polysaccharides and saponins might be in order. Why do I want them, or why do I want these specific ones?

[/FONT]

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have to say too, i started using the lily of the desert aloe almost 2 years ago and i was having horrible acid reflux. and now i have not felt the burn in about 2 years. really good stuff

ohh and the plants love it too.

Aloe vera is truly amazing plant magic. My diesels have never looked this good for me until I started using aloe per CC's dosage. O. M. G. Results can be seen within hours, most noticable after 24 hrs, and lasts for days. Great stuff, a must... and it works for lots of kinds of plants! My pothos are standing straight up in the trays without support, crazy!

palmero

Aloe vera is truly amazing plant magic.

I second that.

Please keep in mind that the real medical value of Aloe will develop after flowering at least one time.
IMHO the most valuable species are

Aloe Barbadensis Miller
and
Aloe Vera Barbarae

Easy to propagate by root and leaf cuttings (propagates itself via rhyzomes).
Grow it in a sunny enviroment, dry, warm and in well drained soil. Its a very forgiving plant but needs as much light as possible .
Indoor no problem.(I have tons outdoor here)

I have used fermented Aloe (LAB or EMA) since 3 years with good results like a fertilizer or as a leaf spray. Pure juice is like a rooting agent (mix with honey).
My plants like it.

And there are lots of applications for humans (cooling, antiseptic... For internal use plz search Aloin = laxative!)

:tiphat:

h.h.

Veteran
It's like a mythical magical carpet ride through the hollows. An awful ringing sound gyrated as the echoes abound with eerie wisps of subservient laughter. Nothing goes and nothing stays as hope rules the reality of life twisting the shadows. The light is lost, darkness rules. The shit don't work.

I didn't neg you, but aloe was the one thing I added to my cloning solution this time around and I've got more roots than previous runs (in addition to protekt and kelp). Anecdotal I know, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em. The aloe was fresh squeezed from a leaf harvested just moments before i started.

Latest posts

Latest posts