What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Abby's Bud Shack

G

Hi Gang!
I'm Abby Normal and I love photography! I just started growing after a hiatus of over 15 years, and have found the joy of shooting buds. :) Thought I would share some of my best images with ICM as I just love the gallery system here, it's the closest to the original images I take that I have found. Let's get this party started:

Skunk #1 Freebie Day 52 of Flower
2590skunk_day52_1-med.jpg

Heavens Horn Cured Bud
2590smoke_report_hh_bud1-med.jpg

Jock Horror @ Day 62 of Flower
2590jh_jackie_day62_1-med.jpg

G

Heaven's Horn @ Harvest
2590harvest_tammy_2-med.jpg

Jock Horror @ Day 41
2590jh_jill_day41_1-med.jpg

A little Jock Bud soaking up the sun
2590jh_outdoors_3-med.jpg

G

Hello Everyone, thanks for stopping by... hope you're enjoying the show! Just to set the record straight... I am a he, not a she :) I haven't had the chance to shoot anyone elses buds yet, these are just my little girls. Well, some are big girls! :D

Some colorful Jock Horror
2590jh_jill_day52_2-med.jpg

A Heaven's Horn Harvest
2590harvest_adri_4-med.jpg

Some Big Bodacious Heaven's Horn Buds Harvested
2590harvest_tammy_6-med.jpg

wow beautiful bountiful harvest Abby :) whats the make-up of heavens horn?
Looks like u made that Skunk#1 freebie work very well for you , nice n' frosty.

Cheers!

G

wow! those are some awesome pics Abby! keep those a comming!

that skunk 1 pic is amazing!

THC

Beautiful captures Abby, could you tell us a little about your cameras? I have been using the Sony F828 for about six months and am already thinking about upgrading to the Canon 20D. Not that I am unsatisfied with the Sony, it takes great shots, but I want something that that works better at higher ISO's, and has less PFing. I also want to get my hands on the new IS lenses.
Take care,

Forfingoz

Four Fingers said:
Beautiful captures Abby, could you tell us a little about your cameras? I have been using the Sony F828 for about six months and am already thinking about upgrading to the Canon 20D. Not that I am unsatisfied with the Sony, it takes great shots, but I want something that that works better at higher ISO's, and has less PFing. I also want to get my hands on the new IS lenses.
Take care,

Forfingoz

Hey 4fingers I didnt know you had an f828.Thats a very nice camera.I worked for Sony when that camera was being developed and when it was first released.Send me a pm and let me know what u dont like about it.

Hey Abby I would also like to know more about your camera and your previous skills.Your pics look like a pro. I am no pro photographer (as u can tell from my pics) but I am very familar with digital imagaging technology as I worked for Sony's R&D for Digital imaging,mobile a/v and home theater.So Im always interested in new tech stuff.
Even if I had the same camera u have Abby I doubt I would be able to take pics as good as u do.Your pics truelly are amazing.U should send some into the mags :)

G

How did that Jock work out for you? I just got some Nirvana JHs and have heard/read mixed reviews... How was it growing JH and how was the smoke? I'm extremely interested. :)

About the pics... simply GORGEOUS. I'm droolin' over here.

Flowerman

Holy Moly, Awesome just doesn't even come close to saying how much I love your plant pics.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Hello Everyone, I am so very pleased that you all are enjoying my work so far!

CrunchNasty - The Heaven's Horn is a Blue Heaven x White Rhino cross created by Biff and Gorgo. I had two girls, one was more Blue Heaven while the other leaned toward the White Rhino side. Both were wonderful plants and I have to say that the WR pheno is my favorite smoke so far. The Skunk #1 was a real runt compared to the others, but it has the best smell, sort of like Grape Now or Later candy. I can't wait to harvest that, be ready next weekend (I believe).

Fire, THCesar, Bazeado, kilacaLIbud - Thank you so much for the kind words, glad you like the pics! Shooting budshots is all new to me, but I must admit, it is a lot of fun. Not only do I get the joy of shooting it and sharing the images, but I also have the wonderful experience of watching it grow... as well as the ultimate pleasure of smoking it! :) I'm still learning, but my goal is to one day travel around the globe and shoot buds. Everybody needs something to aspire to! :D

Four Fingers & flipmastermike - I am using a Nikon D100, it's been a good camera for me for just about 2 years now. It's a very good camera for shooting buds, but I need something a bit faster for my other shots, like sports or nature. I have my eye on a Canon 1DS Mark II, however it is not in my budget at this time. It's $5,000 for just the camera body, not counting lenses. I can see myself spending close to $10,000 to get what I want... no wonder Santa Claus returns my letters! :D While it's no biggie, I will have a small image published in the February edition of High Times magazine. It will be a small image, but it is my first published budshot... so I am kind of excited. :)

Fernandro - The Jock Horror has worked very well for me so far. I have recently harvested one after 62 days of flower. The buds are now curing, but a preliminary smoke before it went into the jars was very promising. Smell is slightly citrus, buds firm and compact, with an up sativa high. I like it! I have one more in flower now, this one is a true Horror, an absolute monster.

Flowerman & 123P - Thank you very much for the kind words! :)

Here's a few pics dedicated to the Jock Horror's:

My first Jock Horror Harvest
2590jh_jackie_harvest_8-med.jpg

A nice little Jock Bud @ 62 days flower
2590jh_jackie_day62-med.jpg

My current Jock in flower @ 49 days
2590jh_jill_day49_3-med.jpg