What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

?

dddaver

Veteran
New rules apparently. I think you better change this one boss.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
14. Politics/Religion: Threads or posts pertaining to political and religious discussions, by their very sensitive nature, can incite or flame others due to the wide and varying personal beliefs that naturally exist in a global community and will be deleted, if and when they get beyond what we deem as acceptable. ICMag is an international site attracting members from a multitude of religious and political backgrounds. We do this in favor of harmony and unity, rather than the divisions created by permitting open discussions of politics and religion requiring an opinion from such a global community. Political discussions pertaining specifically to cannabis laws/legalization are only accepted in the appropriate forum.
[/FONT]

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
The political discussions here are a joke. Most of it is simply people hating. EVERY one ends up getting closed by Gypsy. EVERY one.

I belong to a couple forums where political is not allowed and they are much better that way. You don't have to sift through the hate to find a post about cannabis.

However, I love to troll the poli threads and post ridiculous posts that totally enrage people and escalate their hate to a humorous level (for me). So, I guess they are not a total waste. Still, if I had a cannabis forum, I would definitely try to keep it cannabis based, Otherwise you end up like rollitup.

This is still one of my most favorite forums and there are still some good cannabis related posts but, the politics is definitely dominate.

I never knew they had a rule AGAINST it. LOL

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Gypsy stickied a thread about this already.

Perhaps in time people will discuss things in an adult manner.

Prohibition is and always will be bullshit.

Whine troll repeat.

Things will improve.

:D

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
The political discussions here are a joke. Most of it is simply people hating. EVERY one ends up getting closed by Gypsy. EVERY one.

I belong to a couple forums where political is not allowed and they are much better that way. You don't have to sift through the hate to find a post about cannabis.

However, I love to troll the poli threads and post ridiculous posts that totally enrage people and escalate their hate to a humorous level (for me). So, I guess they are not a total waste. Still, if I had a cannabis forum, I would definitely try to keep it cannabis based, Otherwise you end up like rollitup.

This is still one of my most favorite forums and there are still some good cannabis related posts but, the politics is definitely dominate.

So you openly admit that you incite hatred?

seeded

I find it interesting that when absolute free speech is allowed some feelings get hurt but in the end a consensus is usually reached. Obviously there's some hardliners that are either it's my way or jihad, but once you agree with the basics and begin to argue over minor details it all becomes a moot point as society simply functions.

In a way the absolute right to free speech does away with the extremists in a far better way than having safe spaces ever will because without that position of authority dictating what is acceptable every idea will have to stand up and prove itself which if it can't will ultimately be rejected. If you can't prove your point it's rejected and we move on which is universally applicable regardless of race, religion or gender.

If on the other hand you reject free speech you're literally limiting our most equal method of fighting. With words everyone is equal but once it moves beyond words alone it's an arms race. It could be physically fighting or it might get worse and move to weapons, but all the same once you move beyond words, which includes censorship in any form as it's akin to cutting a man's tongue out, it becomes an arms race where the most violent win. It doesn't matter if they're morally correct but only that they were strong enough to enforce their opinion.

So in short if you care about truth and not who can enforce their will upon you the right to free speech should be the foundation of your belief system. It should be the first, last and only form of violence accepted by a civilized society and as such there's a reason it's the number #1 law of the land in the USA and why #2 is there to protect it.

dddaver

Veteran
Is saying "yada, yada, yada" inciteful trolling now. "The rules are subject to change,"

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I just love the thread title. Lot of thought went into that hahahahaha

J/k ddddaver

I posted something similar and got the response that they are allowing such threads now. I just stay out of them.

MrBungle

This should be a place where people speak freely about Cannabis and Cannabis related activities...A topic that has been highly persecuted over the years.... People come here to fly their freak flag a little bit, with the hopes that they won't be judged by their peers....
At first I didn't see harm in political threads.... Avoid it if you don't want to be part of it is how I felt, but the more I think about it..

Bringing up political differences in general drives a stake into the heart of what this community is really supposed to be about...

Sure individually we need our voices heard.... but this isn't the proper platform.... call your senators, go to council meetings if you have the urge to make a difference.... Posting your political beliefs on a cannabis forum is just venting, because the right ears to hear your griefs are not in the ICMag forums, and never will be

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran

Political threads are only allowed on Toker's Den, if you see them somewhere else, please do report em, so mods can move and/or delete them. Saying political threads dominate, when I've only seen em on TD, which is the OT-forum here on IC, and with the countless other sub-forums dedicated to growing. You might want to stay away from TD and check out those other forums, or something like that, dude.. That being said, the political threads do get a lot of replies, fast, but that's usually just a few regular knuckle heads who post on em, probly refreshing the last page of the thread every two seconds to see if the guy he's debating with has replied, so he can shoot his left/right BS down while it's still fresh and moist.. If someone wants to waste their time like that, have at it. BUT IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT TO DO SO! Saying that in caps cause some ppl seem to think they have to answer everything, just because they can.

Also, you say the political threads here are a joke, just hater filled hate. Then you admit to trolling and enjoying escalating the hate on said threads, then wonder why every thread like that eventually gets closed.. Well gee, wonder why?

Used to be that political threads weren't allowed and got deleted on sight, and I'll agree with you on that they have no place on a weed forum and generally are not very fruitful or nice, but Gypsy seems to enjoy them, and he pays the bills, so there u go.

Do what some dude posted earlier on this thread, and stay away from political threads. Works for me, too.

W

Water-

the more times a page is clicked onto, the more the advertising space is worth$, I presume

click bait threads.

pretty easy to ignore and also easy to get sucked into.

insomniac_AU

This should be a place where people speak freely about Cannabis and Cannabis related activities...A topic that has been highly persecuted over the years.... People come here to fly their freak flag a little bit, with the hopes that they won't be judged by their peers....
At first I didn't see harm in political threads.... Avoid it if you don't want to be part of it is how I felt, but the more I think about it..

Bringing up political differences in general drives a stake into the heart of what this community is really supposed to be about...

Sure individually we need our voices heard.... but this isn't the proper platform.... call your senators, go to council meetings if you have the urge to make a difference.... Posting your political beliefs on a cannabis forum is just venting, because the right ears to hear your griefs are not in the ICMag forums, and never will be

I agree. There's a time and a place for everything. It's hardly a free speech issue there are thousands of ways to voice your political opinions if you so desire. What is achieved by all this? A few jaded curmudgeons arguing on a stoner forum is never going to make a lick of difference other than as you say "drive a stake into the heart of what this community is really supposed to be about".

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Because prohibition is never political....

:rolleyes:

I think it's pertinent to understand what climate we operate within.

I believe there are more pros than cons, but then again, I consider myself an adult.

An adult who wishes to discuss and understand various views on certain political topics.

I don't see how letting the few ban open discussion is any better than tolerating some tantrum to better understand the causal root of the issue.

And in the case of freedom vs censorship I would personally choose to see a more rational approach.

If you're worried about division I have news for you.

It seems to me rational discussion beats throwing the parties in a cell and saying "Just don't talk about it".

But it's not my call.

I think Gypsy is a pretty smart and well intentioned gent.

I'm glad he's running things.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway

Ya know, that's about the most true statement I have heard in a long time.

I don't know how many of us are the "Flower Generation" from the 60's but we sure turned from "Peace and Love" to "Hate and Road Rage" in a fucking hurry. I'm not sure exactly what day it happened but it sure is how it went.

Divided we fall.

When someone said that a long time ago, I think people meant it to pertain to one nation. It's not. It was intended to pertain to all human beings.

When I see hate in the poli threads like I do, I know this nation, and, indeed, the world is fucked up and dying.

People, you can't hate each other and survive. It just doesn't work.

The news is a GIANT contributor to the hate. Don't see a lot of "good" news on the news. Mostly hate and tragedy.

All I know is........ divided we fall. That's for sure.

Stop hating the Chinese. Stop hating your elected leaders. Stop hating anyone who does not agree with you on everything. Stop hating someone because they drive the speed limit. Stop hating.

Unfortunately, it ain't gonna happen.

Remember.... Peace?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Unfortunately disagreement and hatred often go hand in hand these days.

It certainly doesn't have to be that way.

Humans seem to have a knack for getting themselves all riled up.

You should see what happens when you give them booze and firearms at a rally.

I'm going to get drunk, shoot shit, and contemplate Chinese trade tariffs.

Peace

insomniac_AU

That's how I feel RD. What I have always associated with cannabis are things like love, compassion, understanding and harmony. Things I don't like are confrontation, vitriol, abrasiveness, hate and lack of empathy.

MrBungle

Unfortunately in this day and age there is no political middle ground.. its one way or the other..... and yes people are babies about it.. so take the sucker away from the baby, its time to treat people with respect again....

When one takes away free speech, you are left with a governing bodies determination of what is acceptable speech. Anybody willing to let their government decide what they can say? Me neither.

Latest posts

Latest posts