What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oddest ways smugglers use

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are the oddest or creative ways you've seen smugglers use trying to get across the border? Post your own articles of busts or comment on some of the ingenuities you've heard of. I seen this article on an old issue of High Times that gave me a chuckle & got me thinking.

Chilling in the LIME LIGHT :laughing:

picture.php

St. Phatty

When I ship pot internationally, I always write, "Contains Cannabis" on the outside, along with my Social Security number. /sarc

isnt that a cia hoax to discredit cannabis users? "i bet theres a stoner who paints a bag of weed and thought it was a lemon HEY WE CAN DO THAT AND MAKE STONERS LOOK EVEN MORE STUPID" -cia dude

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love cannabis, but don't like the fact that buying what comes from across the border supports the Mexican cartels. I'm from Boston, & in certain places brick weed is plentiful mostly from the gangs MS-13, Latin Kings, and others.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my drivers back in the day drove a pickup which would load about 500lbs under a fake floor in the bed where her st Bernard was which of course had a small camper top over the dawg. She would go from Ft Lauderdale to new jersey then back to NC where she was from, hang out for a week or 2 then do it again. She made a good living dping that and while she was pulled over once or twice she never had a problem but now this is 1978/79.....( the good old days heh )

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Anyone who rolls in raw LSD and walks thru a border crossing as a way of getting to the destination is cool in my book. Not sure if it has ever happened but man would I like to shake his hand!

Gry

Another 70s tale.
Toothpaste used to come in metal tubes, and you could unroll them and open them up from the back.
With a little practice it could be done without changing the appearance.
Used run over to the PX and buy a case of tooth paste ...
APO delivered without a hitch over and over.

al70

Veteran
There was an old boy during the fifties used to walk accross the border into southern ireland with a wheel barrow full of manure, soldiers would go through it with a pitchfork to make sure he wasn't smuggling anything accross, turns out he was smuggling in wheelbarrows.:moon:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Heard of a guy once shoving a bunch of balloons up a seeing eye dogs ass. Dog got his revenge, crapped it out in the airport. Take that human.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back in the 70's the Colombians use to get the impoverished people to swallow bags of cocaine & fly to the U.S. - Some people died from it because the bags broke open inside them, it happened to a pregnant woman & the baby unfortunately died too.

X

xavier7995

Damn...i think that is the most accurate valuation i have ever seen. 200-ish a lb. for brick is reasonable, at least it once was, no clue what it goes for now.

Green Squall

I love cannabis, but don't like the fact that buying what comes from across the border supports the Mexican cartels. I'm from Boston, & in certain places brick weed is plentiful mostly from the gangs MS-13, Latin Kings, and others.

Can't help but wonder what the prices are like nowadays.?

troutman

Seed Whore
I heard of a fat woman stopped going across the US/Mexican border.

Custom agents told her to pull up her skirt and they found 200 pounds of crack. :biggrin:

PDX Dopesmoker

Before getting into the specific techniques or marijuana smugglers lets first discuss what kind of person would pick the lowest value, lowest density, most odoriferous, most easily recognizable illegal drug to turn a profit on. Once you think about that you'll realize how the pot smuggler already sabotaged themselves from the start when they could just as easily have been hustling relatively odorless cocaine which is worth an order of magnitude more and is an order of magnitude denser as well, but at the source both pounds cost similar amounts.
With that level of challenge in the game its no surprise that people go to oddly great lengths to pull off their crimes occasionally.

Satyros

Before getting into the specific techniques or marijuana smugglers lets first discuss what kind of person would pick the lowest value, lowest density, most odoriferous, most easily recognizable illegal drug to turn a profit on.

Farmers without labs to process coke, heroin, etc.?

Mostly shipped as hash everywhere else, is not the...1960s and forwards U. S....one of the only destinations for flower?

That being said, I don't know much about odd smuggling, although I do raise an eyebrow towards the C. I. A. sending heroin from Vietnam in "soldier coffins", and coke via Bush's Zapateca oil rigs. I guess that would be mainstream instead of odd.

I did get a story about a "protector" of that heroin route. It was a seven foot tall cannibal in Laos. He lived in a cabin full of human bones with a table covered in heroin about two feet deep. Gunshots did nothing to slow this person down--it took about twenty rounds to drop him. Told me by someone involved in shooting those rounds, around 1974-ish.