What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mack's Chem Project.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I know nothing about breeding, so excuse me if I make fool of myself but..

I thought s1's were supposed to be females.
At the same time another IC head,
The Hummus Monk had found a male Chem 91
In some S1. Chem 91 beans.

Does a male still make it through every once in a while?
How?

Thanks

SourDank

Veteran
Those lines sound super killer man, definitely will grab some if you release them. I can live off Chem, Sour, and Haze. Unbeatable imo :dance013:

mack 10

Veteran
I know nothing about breeding, so excuse me if I make fool of myself but..

I thought s1's were supposed to be females.

Does a male still make it through every once in a while?
How?

Thanks

Crazy hey?

Not sure what happened but when the 91 was reversed she put out one full male.
I used the pollen to see what would happen.
So far ,it's worked perfect.
All either male or female.
I've had no intersex traits.

I need to get them lab tested at some point.

Plants on full swell.
Calxs splitting open to show those seeds,
In the make.
:dance013:

scrogrow

Crazy hey?

Not sure what happened but when the 91 was reversed she put out one full male.
I used the pollen to see what would happen.
So far ,it's worked perfect.
All either male or female.
I've had no intersex traits.

I need to get them lab tested at some point.

Plants on full swell.
Calxs splitting open to show those seeds,
In the make.
:dance013:

I've got a buddy that can dna test your bean and tell ya what's male and what's female but it ain't cheap mate

Lost_sailor

By female that shows male traits do you mean hermi???I've never viewed that as a good trait...or even tolerable in a population....that's just me personally tho .....some breeders putt out unstable genetics I guess...and a few people find that an honest deed out there...I've definitely seen people on line defend people who sell or distribute female seed that rocks balls......I always assumed those plants were plants bred in San Francisco or something.......all jokes aside
Or did I misunderstand your wording....a female that shows full male traits.....you mean a male??? With female chromasones or a herm?...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it was an XX "male" - who knows how or why. Hermi enough to the point it went into a full reversal and never showed a single pistil? Who knows. It's valuable to use because now there exists a pure chem line.

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
DF didn’t Phillthy have that crazy SSCDH that was a female with the oddest looking foxtail buds that turned 100% male the next run?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Phillthy started a pack of SSCDH - culled the males. This plant in particular was at 4wks when pictured here. It stretched too much, so he cut it way back, and re-vegged it. Went to flower out a couple cuts, excited to see what she'd finish like - because, well, look at it.

Instead of producing pistils - it threw nuts. He thought maybe he had gotten things mislabeled - went over everything - and nope. That was the same plant.

For 3 YEARS he tried to force that plant to throw even a single pistil and it never did. It, was somehow -a male. We eventually did breed with it and the offspring have been normal m/f plants - no mutants - typical chem line sensitivities, but otherwise...amazingly good plants have come from him.

Again. I can't explain it. It's just what happened.

dank.Frank

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
:ying::woohoo: awesome work mate.
Need a tester you know where I’m at bro.
And I got some choice moms too

Best vibes