What's new

when are fems ready for pollen?

Kind of a basic question. But was just wondering how long a fem should be blooming before I can pollinate. Mine have been flipped for two weeks, been blooming for a week of that...so they've been blooming for 1 week. Should I wait another week or two before they're mature enough to accept pollen viably?

TIA

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Kind of a basic question. But was just wondering how long a fem should be blooming before I can pollinate. Mine have been flipped for two weeks, been blooming for a week of that...so they've been blooming for 1 week. Should I wait another week or two before they're mature enough to accept pollen viably?

TIA

I have wondered about the same thing and am currently trying to produce feminized seed with colloidal silver. I figure once the pistils start showing at about 2-3 weeks they should be ready to receive the pollen.

Hey there HC, thanks for the reply. I'm hoping you are right as I don't feel comfortable storing pollen for too long. I harvested it two days ago and will probably pollinate some flowers next week. I have one lady that's not flowering as quickly as the rest, so that one might take a bit longer :(.

Trial and error I guess.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i put my male´s to bloom at about 12 days , pollen drops at 25 days in .... , at 25 days your female should have many viable stigma´s to produce seeds

hope this helps a bit

:wave:

E

edgey

the more pistols you dust the more seeds you get . but make sure you give at least 6 weeks before you harvest the seeds preferably longer

edgey