What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CO2 hash oil extraction? How to?

edux710

a ton of clubs are claiming that their shit is co2 oil. i have asked all of them i have seen it at how the shit is make and they all just dodge the ???

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah I agree that CO2 isn't being used to produce stuff for clubs, most hippies can't afford the machine and lack the chemistry background to pull it off.

I did find that using 0*F denatured alcohol over frozen cured trim, with a 5 second wash I came out with a very light amber glass-like substance. I would take a pic but with 17 grams of it it looks pretty dark in a big blob.

h and I fixed my earlier post about the higher yields with iso, though what I posted was what I got, apparently my bubble yields were an anomaly and uncommonly low.

DoesNotInhale

Sugar Hash Wax

Sugar Hash Wax

Hey guys. I am too on the hunt for some fine sugar hash again. I haven't been able to find it for over a year now, when i found it, it was 50 dollars a gram and it was at a Santa barbara collective called Sacred Mountain Medicine (when they were good and under different ownership).

I have heard many different methods for making this "sugar hash", "sugar wax", or "brown sugar" whatever you want to call it. I hear its the same process and tools as BHO but you use liquified oxygen instead of butane. I suppose this is as similar to the CO2 method as well.

Well any enlightenment on where to find more or how to make would be much appreciated.

Heres the picture I took of it with my 10x loop and iPhone.
sonyc0.jpg

Shred42O

well i just noticed recently that a co-op called gvc has CO2 extracted hash there if anyone in the area has been looking for some

dope_roor

i *think* im starting to see some legitimate CO2 hash around these days... i think ppl are still trying to figure out the optimal settings as the variations in quality has been pretty huge (from dark goop and amber sugary crystals) but seem to demonstrate a smoother vapor than bho

Tokingham

:cathug:

we've seen this cat before, but i think it may warrant a second look

i would imagine adapting this for cannabis be fairly simple

thats what I am think as well. And yes it worth a second look if you already saw the video.

I got an Idea and will make a few vids to show if it has success. If I blow Up I wont be able to post the vid so nice knowing ya...lol j/k I am going to be safe in my experiments.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
it wasn't co2 extract...... nobody is using co2 to make hash... sorry.

and to the guy on the first page, the "brown sugar" is just full melt bubble hash, unpressed. it's very good, i've had it many times

I repeat, nobody is using co2 to make hash.

well, maybe a curious scientist doing it as a hobby, but it isn't commercially viable

I've seen it, smoked it, and talked to the guy who bought 3# of it to me to see. He's had the CO2 oil lab tested (61% THC) and it IS produced commercially, by a couple guys in NorCal. the big jar he showed me was brown with golden ribbons running through it.

That said:

It does smoke welll (earthy flavors)

You can NOT buy a CO2 extractor for $1650, that machine is a solvent recovery pot, and a small/cheap one at that.

I talked to Eden Labs, the cheapest CO2 supercritical extraction machine they offer holds a half # of paterial and costs $37, 000.00. No typo. If you want to run 5# of material it takes a $56K machine.

CO2 oil doesn't sell for any more than the clubs sell alcohol or BHO for here, so it is absolutely not worth investing in the ridiculously priced machine.

You may be able to buy this stuff on occasion, but none of you will ever make it. Just sayin ;)

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I've smoked two different CO2 extractions, with one being some of the smoothest, tastiest, most amber clear oil I've ever seen. Dabbed onto a Ti, the amber was amazing, smooooooooth, and tastey. I've had BHO countless times, this was NOT BHO.

The other was absolutely HORRIBLE, tasted as if they used stems seeds and whatever else, was pastey green, and sizzled and popped on the Ti. NOT good. The shitty one was made by OrganaLabs in CO(making crap like that I'll be surprised if they're still in biz next year), the good one was a friends personal stash from a cannabis testing lab employees own personal run, from what I knew.

The good one had me all psyched for the bad one based on the CO2 name (thought it would be the same, yuck), taught me a lesson about names and branding.

One man's idea of good hash, is not necessarily my idea of good hash. :2cents:

gOurd^jr.

WEll I haven't read this whole thread thread, but thought I'd chime in since I have SOME experience with Co2 extract. Without too much details or naming names I know pretty well some folks that own a supercritical extractor, and a dispensary. I believe it runs ~4# of material and cost something like 60-80K$! I've been around this thing and see it operate many times, seems like they run it 24/7...it takes ~10hrs i think to do each run. LOUD AS FUCK. KACHEW!, KACHEW!, KACHEW!, KACHEW!!!! constantly every second like a metronome.
The product is top notch, hands down best oil I've had. I've made low grade BHO years ago and recently made some nice amber qwiso. The qwiso is real nice and it can sorta hang in terms of tasting good and being potent but the Co2 stuff is nuts. they have tested batches at 91%THC, NOT BS. I picked some up that was tested 77%. One of the first batches they ran was fan leaves, oil came out at 77% THC. it tastes really nice, light floral taste to me. Color is a sorta bronze/gold/light brown color Warps your mind quick too. They sell the stuff 50-70$ a GRAM if i recall. Eighths of bud are going for ~35$ most places around here, some as low as 25$.

If you get the chance to get some legit Co2 oil I recommend you try, but like LAzy says, don't get your hopes up about making any yourself and sure as hell don't bother trying a DIY...just make some qwiso its easy as pie and if you read up and put some care into it it'll come out both tasty and very potent. JUST BE SAFE!

LAzy you've had qwiso tested over 60% right?

hopefully my tincture is about to kick it in here so Ima get outside and do stuff.
Cheers all
gOurd

BongRipkenJR.

Here in Sac we get this stuff going around that is called Gold Dust. It is supposed to be a cO2 extract. It looks and smokes like BHO though. However its more like when you have a big surface area for making your BHO onto and you let it sit for a long time. When you scrape it up it seems like glass shards and is dusty. I am also seeing "Liquid Nitrogen" hash, but I call bullshit!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hey BR, our gold dust is made by adding liquid nitrogen to co2 oil and shattering it. The guy that sells that to clubs in Sac is the same guy who showed me the co2 oil, he told me about it. Small world eh?

Yeah i have had my alcohol oil tested at 66% thc, they told me they have never had any oil test over 69% out of hundreds of samples.

BongRipkenJR.

Hey BR, our gold dust is made by adding liquid nitrogen to co2 oil and shattering it. The guy that sells that to clubs in Sac is the same guy who showed me the co2 oil, he told me about it. Small world eh?

Yeah i have had my alcohol oil tested at 66% thc, they told me they have never had any oil test over 69% out of hundreds of samples.

Thats weird. I had no idea that someone was actually doing that. However, the gold dust is always harsh to me and I don't like it personally. I am really liking this QWISO though. Steam Oil was super good as well! So clean!

I always thought that the OILS I or any of us were making were well about %70. Sometimes I would make some that just came out amber/redish and would be see through. I thought those would be 80+. Never got it tested though.

P.S.I

It's a pretty complex process, I designed and am patent pending a machine. Not at all like BHO set up. Especially if you want to do it right. Currently all the models I have seen produce low concentrations and are extremely slow.

P.S.I

I've seen it, smoked it, and talked to the guy who bought 3# of it to me to see. He's had the CO2 oil lab tested (61% THC) and it IS produced commercially, by a couple guys in NorCal. the big jar he showed me was brown with golden ribbons running through it.

That said:

It does smoke welll (earthy flavors)

You can NOT buy a CO2 extractor for $1650, that machine is a solvent recovery pot, and a small/cheap one at that.

I talked to Eden Labs, the cheapest CO2 supercritical extraction machine they offer holds a half # of paterial and costs $37, 000.00. No typo. If you want to run 5# of material it takes a $56K machine.

CO2 oil doesn't sell for any more than the clubs sell alcohol or BHO for here, so it is absolutely not worth investing in the ridiculously priced machine.

You may be able to buy this stuff on occasion, but none of you will ever make it. Just sayin ;)

I am wondering where you got those prices, I haven't seen anything under $79,000.00 except the equipment I designed.

Latest posts

Latest posts