What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How long after a stress period do hermies show?

Irotas

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes for the male flowers to form after you induced stress on a plant.

In your experience how long after a light leak or heat stress did the plant take to show the first signs of being a hermie?

amanda88

Flowers don't form once I have stressed my plants, but come thru natural like, more part of the natural growth of a plant, rather than me stressing or upsetting it,

Generally, any undue stress shows in my plants as a result, of a herm, a 'male' flower in place of a 'female' flower ..I tend to agree with the pros, that its a self protection thing for the plant, and most the time herm flowers will show, at about the same time as 'normal' flowers will, about a month or so into veg, ...just don't trust them pre..flowers ...lol

Irotas

Flowers don't form once I have stressed my plants, but come thru natural like, more part of the natural growth of a plant, rather than me stressing or upsetting it,

Generally, any undue stress shows in my plants as a result, of a herm, a 'male' flower in place of a 'female' flower ..I tend to agree with the pros, that its a self protection thing for the plant, and most the time herm flowers will show, at about the same time as 'normal' flowers will, about a month or so into veg, ...just don't trust them pre..flowers ...lol

I understand the male flowers won't form right away, if the plant is over the stress, it shouldn't decide to grow male flowers later on should it after it seems to be happy? I think the plant would throw the male flowers shortly after the stress.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
how many leaves on a plant??? yeehaw..herms show when they want,,sometimes a lot fast ,,sometimes a few slow...

Budley Doright

Veteran
Whats a stress induced hermie?????

Maybe I should ask another question....

Do you believe in the easter bunny????

Budley Doright

Veteran
Whats a stress induced hermie?????

Maybe I should ask another question....

Do you believe in the easter bunny????

ok... I admit that was mean..... I have plenty of clone only plants....

no hermies.....

tell me something.... yours dont happen to be seed plants .... hmmmm??????

Budley Doright

Veteran
ok... I admit that was mean..... I have plenty of clone only plants....

no hermies.....

tell me something.... yours dont happen to be seed plants .... hmmmm??????

Now....if they are seed plants.....then yes you can easily get stress hermies......

here is some things Ive personally seen create stress hermies in seed plants......

1. walking around your plants naked...... they really hate that....

2. no black cats.....

3. if seen it a million times...dont number your plants.... if you do the one you number 13 will herm every time.....how do they know???

4. Try not to cut your hair during flower....I dont know what makes them turn hermie after a hair cut but you can bank on it....

5. never go to the bank on saturday..... whenever I do that ...then come back to check my plants carefully there they are.... proof.....

6. being dark in the room everyone knows about but it has to be dark in the next room too........ they seem to know the light is on there...... Im not sure how....but it casuses stress hermiest too...

Im sure there are lots more things that casuse stress hermies in seed plants....

Im not sure how scientific any of this is..... but other stoners have read this list many times and they totally agree.....

TOTALLY ....man....

Budley Doright

Veteran
I have had light leaks and heat stress like 100+f and no herms ...go figure...yeehaw

my general theory on these things is this.....

If the plant from seed....is taken thru its first flowering cycle and it produces no male flowers.... it most likely never will.....

and yes Dorothy I do believe in the easter bunny....

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
You should see signs of hermies within a week or so..
If your plants are healthy or strong enough genetically speaking they could overcome a minor stress endured episode

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
or it could form tiny nanners that you wont really see unless you look real hard...herms do their own thing and show however and whenever they want..not on your time schedule..yeehaw..

amanda88

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes for the male flowers to form after you induced stress on a plant.

In your experience how long after a light leak or heat stress did the plant take to show the first signs of being a hermie?
more: Herming a plant,(turning a part of a plant or the whole plant)
to the opposite sex is done, using sts or colloidal silver, is sprayed on part of the whole part, come the end of veg, as the flowers develop in early flower, those limbs sprayed with STS or CS, will develop opposite flowers, a very handy piece fo knowledge to have if you have no male plant around, and you are needing pollen for seeds, and those forthcoming seeds will be all female, or feminized seeds ...good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts