What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Conservatory growing

theclearspot

Because of recently losing my plants to rippers im considering building a small Conservatory on the side of the house (cant afford at moment but later). Anyone grown in these, is less sunshine than greenhouse,any other thoughts ,ideas....best position? etc

A conservatory is a greenhouse. The name refers to its most common use which is to grow and display tropical plants through the winter in cold climates.

iTarzan

Colonel Mustard once killed somebody in the conservatory in a game of Clue.

If on a side of a house that gets southern exposure they work great. Maybe better than a green house. I think they are more sturdy and have more consistent temperatures because the house is a heat sink in winter and cooling in the summer.

theclearspot

If on a side of a house that gets southern exposure they work great. Maybe better than a green house. I think they are more sturdy and have more consistent temperatures because the house is a heat sink in winter and cooling in the summer.

That's not true my man. It was definitely the Rev Green with a Rope in the Ballroom.:tiphat:

theclearspot

Yeah front of house is facing south so cant really put the conservatory there as would be facing road?! Only possibility is east side gets reasonable amount of sun though....