What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spotting inbetween veins of top of plants

SamsonsRiddle

You shouldn't need additional calmag if you are using a coco specific nutrient. This may be antagonizing other nutrients. Another thing to remember in containers is that you can run a NPK ration of 3-1-2 from birth to cut. You don't need to run a bloom formula so adjust your a&b accordingly.

Have you done coco before? My experience with coco was in hempy's. I was able to feed up to three times a day during the latter part of flower, usually giving them a mild to medium solution. My understanding is that in coco watering brings oxygen into the root zone.

From the looks of it you either have or had too much salts in the root zone and some underwatering going on. The damaged leaves will not recover (for the most part), but resolving these problems will at least increase your harvest.

Dicco7

Yes a few times with good results and big yields, I had a cal-mag def early in veg and cleared it up, using cana coco didn't reliase it till I watched a video from Cana saying you needed to add cal-mag to it as the ions in coco attract the cal-mag and take it from ur solution

C

cannaisok

didnt read the whope thread, but U said Thay are next to the heatsource! That could be a problem, read ur root zone temps, roots have to be below 21°C all the time!

Wendull C.

Veteran

Are you around week 4 or 5 ? I get that slight bleaching when I am hammering the tops with light after stretch with the hps lamps.

I have a couple stretchy cuts I used a ushio metal halide conversion lamp on through day 42 of flower then finish them under an hps. It is a perpetual room. The plants under the blue light never show bleaching.

To stop it just raise your lights a bit, it will go away in a few days.

I don't mind the slight hps bleaching because the buds on those plants are much larger and more dense. Just remember to raise them during your ripening phase.

I have seen this numerous times, in fact 4 lights of my room got slammed and the other got blue light. The buds with the slightly bleached fans are 14+ in. While the same strain (ecsd) had 6 to 8 inch nugs of the same girth.

Just my cent and a half.

GoneP

15 inches from light, is it only the top leaves that yellowing out a bit? i get "light bleaching" when theres a hot spot in the canopy or if the lights are to close to the canopy.

Wendull C.

Veteran
No it's not bleaching. It just is always the plants getting MaX light from the hps lamps that pale out a bit. I prefer it knowing I'm giving my tops max par Watts. Kind of like how some aren't happy with their fert level unless the tips are slightly burning.