What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What to do with hermi plant?

maimunji

One of my plants show me nanners 4 weeks in to flowering. I have only 4 females in 4x4 so if I kill her this will affect my yield a lot. Nanners itself is very strange with white pistils coming from them. I never seen this before. Can someone recommend me what to do? How much time I have before whole crop will be polinated?

Scrappy-doo

They will swell and then pop, hard to say how much time you have without a plant pic. If you're thorough you can pick them off and maybe get away with only a few seeds. If there's not a bunch of nanners it might be worth it. Otherwise just suck it up and chop. Part of the game.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
The old "quality" vs "quantity" paradigm. I always chose quality, but that's just me.

Let me give you a slightly different perspective...

Cannabis generally comes in two flavors of hermies....

In these forums they are often called nanners and balls....

When the ball reference is used..... we often find male balls around the main nodes....

The plant has both male and female flowers but they remain separate...

This type is the most harmful type and should be killed immediately...

The male flowers can dry normally....and release pollen.....

Nanners are the other reference and a different type of hermie....

You find that male and female parts come from the same flower....

These are quite common and often dont do any harm....

I believe that this is because the male bits are next to female bits which keeps the male bits hydrated.....

WHen hydrated the male sacks have a difficult time splitting open......

thus they frequently dont make any seeds at all....

trying to remove them..... will often cause the pollen to be squished out and you will get some seeds....

I forgot to mention....
The balls type in biology is called an imperfect hermie type...

the nanners type is called a perfect flower.....because it has both sexes in the same flower....

I have never seen a plant with both types.....they seem to be mutually exclusive

maimunji

I don't care for few seeds here and there. My biggest fear is all pistils died but no visible seeds forming and after harvest inside every single calyx I found really small like pinhole mature seeds they look just like big seeds but very small i need to scope them with loop to see them. What can cause this? Fake pollen? Polination very late in flowering cycle? But seeds inside calyx looks mature they are brown with good color just really really small like eagle top.

I don't care for few seeds here and there. My biggest fear is all pistils died but no visible seeds forming and after harvest inside every single calyx I found really small like pinhole mature seeds they look just like big seeds but very small i need to scope them with loop to see them. What can cause this? Fake pollen? Polination very late in flowering cycle? But seeds inside calyx looks mature they are brown with good color just really really small like eagle top.

INside each calyx you will find the preseed....... with pollen they will make normal seeds....

There is probably a better word..... like seed embyro...... but its perfectly normal to find those .......

The structure is called the ovule.....the pistils end at the ovule....and a seed will develop when pollinated....

There were good pics in the link above.....but they wouldnt let me post it....

maimunji

I know about ovule and search in net several times and make comparison but I think ovule need to stay green to the end or maybe not? This inside calyx is like fully mature seeds with color and everything just really really small. It is possible bloom boosters to kick them to grow? it's looks like I never seen them before I start to use canna pk 13 14.

Scrappy-doo

Let me give you a slightly different perspective...

Cannabis generally comes in two flavors of hermies....

In these forums they are often called nanners and balls....

When the ball reference is used..... we often find male balls around the main nodes....

The plant has both male and female flowers but they remain separate...

This type is the most harmful type and should be killed immediately...

The male flowers can dry normally....and release pollen.....

Nanners are the other reference and a different type of hermie....

You find that male and female parts come from the same flower....

I believe that this is because the male bits are next to female bits which keeps the male bits hydrated.....

WHen hydrated the male sacks have a difficult time splitting open......

thus they frequently dont make any seeds at all....

trying to remove them..... will often cause the pollen to be squished out and you will get some seeds....

I've seeded entire crops due to a plant that had nanners. They can and do release pollen, especially if they develop early in the flower cycle as in this case. Balls are certainly worse, but nanners can do serious damage as well.

======================================

I didnt say anything about not releasing pollen....

I suspect nanners are very common and frequently missed.....

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Herm ball sacks popping out of a mature fat bud (3 weeks from harvest) is not a happy sight. And fuck up a perpetual routine (which I run).

Latest posts

Latest posts