What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brownie Scout?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This one popped up in my facebook feed. Something about 38% THC form 4 different samples. I didn't get a real good look at it because I was on my phone at work.

Anybody know anything about it?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I like the name.
When I was little I got kicked out of the Scouts. Got caught eating a Brownie. Har har

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Here is go.
https://internationalhighlife.com/new-thc-record-cannabis-strain-brownie-scout-causes-sensation/
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a producer of medical cannabis from Illinois, USA, is causing quite a stir among US cannabis friends.

The company has created a new strain called “Brownie Scout” and they claim that this strain contains more THC than all of the other strains on the market. The name of the cross between “Platinum Girl Scout Cookies” and a GTI-exclusive strain called “Great Divide “.

ACT Laboratories stated that the flower of the new creation, with a content of 37.5 percent THC are the most potent one ever tested. Kate Denton, GTI Deputy Marketing Manager, said the last four Brownie Scout harvests were all in their late thirties.

Such measurements often cause skepticism, as it is questioned whether such high values ​​in the raw flower material are even possible. However, according to “Phylos Bioscience”, a renowned cannabis research company, THC levels just under 40% are unlikely but definitely within reach.

Even though the industry has now gained the opinion that we should not give the THC content so much importance and that other cannabinoids and terpenes are also of central importance for the potency and effect of cannabis, the “Brownie Scout” strain is likely to make some potheads pretty curious.

So far, however, the strain has only been available through the GTI own brand “Rythm” and in pre-rolled joints of the “Dogwalkers” brand.

G

GatorGumbo

Considering only about 20% of cannabis is properly tested and labelled, and all these high tests came back from the same laboratory, I'm going to put my party hat back in the closet until something else confirms this.

choppedin312

Its not that great.. I know I tried some BHO of it. I do have to say that it was around a year ago and the Illinois scene has changed dramatically since then... so maybe it gotten better. I grabbed the BHO at a store owned by NuMed so it was a good deal. I haven't really heard anybody talk much about this one. GTI does grow an extremely potent Bubba and have a very old MKULTRA cut though and that MK supposedly contains a very early OG.

choppedin312

Considering only about 20% of cannabis is properly tested and labelled, and all these high tests came back from the same laboratory, I'm going to put my party hat back in the closet until something else confirms this.

Illinois has a pretty regulated system.. not super super restrictive but its not like the West Coast scene. I am not saying that the numbers are 100 percent legit, its just less likely then in some of the other states.

Could care less about THC how does it smell and taste did I miss that? Anyone know? Brownie sounds great if the name hints at anything.

Justis

I live in pa an gti owns most of the dispensary there called rise so of course there always loaded with rhythm products an the brownie is always over 30 but they have a bunch of pretty stellar strains an in very high 2o’s to low 30’s an pa is extreamly strict on there testing

Interesting, hadn't heard about this. There are article and pics of the plant online. High times says its Platinum GSC x Kosher Kush, another site says:

Brownie Scout is an indica dominant flower bred from Platinum Girl Scout Cookies and another GTI house strain, Great Divide, a cross of Kosher Kush and Phishhead Kush. The result is an earthy, piney bud reminiscent of its OG Kush lineage and intense intoxication.

Here is a High Times article from May this year.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've heard it's Platinum Cookies x Stardawg Guava...

wanted to bump this thread. Anyone get a grip on her yet?

dank.Frank

quiescent

it's disappointing that it's not forum cutXthe chocolate diesel used in glue

I dunno if you've tried the zookies cut going around or another glue x gsc cross but you definitely can smell/taste the choc d influence.

There's a guy with the choc d cut that does s1s and a smattering of crosses. Some are pretty well thought out. I'll message him and see if he has a reason for not hitting the forum. I'm sure it would be a good seller for dude.

Latest posts

Latest posts