What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can someone explain this albino white widow I grew?

Eternal Play

My uncle poured beer in the grow bag when I had my back turned (sisters wake), was gonna do bubblegum x papaya, long story, but when it was done it was small and white, but gave me that white widow is the bomb yell

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Pics?

Slap him in the nuts and tell him it'll be worse next time he does it. Then wink and smile.

What a waste of time he caused.

Eternal Play

I don’t have pics, i cured and smoked it years ago, what I think it did was countered the nitrogen build up and started harming chlorophyll cells through absorbtion, at the same time colonizing it through saliva and the fermentation process and whatever the hell he did before he got to my sisters wake

I’m not sure how a plant lacking any photosynthetic pigment would make it through to harvest.
It is my understanding “White” strains are due to their covering of trichromes rather than albanisim

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
There are photos of white cannibus plants , google is the answer, strange looking at that, I might add,

G

GatorGumbo

Albinism in plants is not a desirable trait in my opinion, call me unadventurous. I've had some semi-albino plants here and there, I yeet them into the compost pile every time.

Fun fact though, buds with albinistic traits tend to receive more THC production than normal buds. This is an assumed response to the plant trying to protect the vulnerable area from light. Keep in mind, there's no such thing as a free lunch, those resources will still be taken from the net potential of the entire plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts