What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HPS or LED???

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For me there is no debate. LED wins. I switched from HPS to LED and have improved yield, but more importantly for me, improved quality.

Anyone saying that LEDs are too expensive compared to HPS should consider the cost of replacement HPS bulbs over 5 years, because that's how long your LED's are likely to last.

Music to my ears this is after been with hps for 10 year plus.:tiphat:

snel

You seem to want to use the led Whatever the advice ;) In that space with your budget I'd go go a 250w hps starter kit. Cheap and proven. The leds recommended are excellent but out of budget. And with your head room it's going be tight whatever. Make sure to chose seeds that are designed to be small and not stretch too much. Indica dominat will help.

RookieGrower98

I want to have the perfect W to space, but ur right I have an affection for the PL because a friend offered it to me used in my price range.
(I have northern light and AK 47 that just started flowering)

Fitzera

The height is quite a restriction. Hps will take up too much space. That p150 led is still weak in my opinion. But better LEDs require space between them and the canopy. I think based on all this info, you're best off with a t5 panel setup. Cover 3 sides. Either that or led strips?

I think the LED you mentioned would be perfect. I use 2 Viparspectra 450 it draws 200 watts total both switches on. $130 US 10 plants and switch to flower at 12 inches tall.
LED can be cooled with a consumer grade fan such as Honeywell 11" 3-Speed Table Air Circulator Fan (HT-900) about $15 US.

H

hard rain

Music to my ears this is after been with hps for 10 year plus.:tiphat:
All I can say is do your research. I have made some bad to ok LED choices and I see improvement. I can only dream of choosing the better LED's.
Good luck.

RookieGrower98

After much consideration, I ended up deciding on the platinum led p150 led grow light, mostly because of my limited growing space. ( I got it for 130 euro ). Thank you all for helping me make this decision.
To see pics of the new setup check out my new journal update.
Thanks again and happy growing!

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
These guys know what they are talking about

That light is garbage and doesnt put out enough light to flower 1 plant. I dont know why you asked for advice in the first place.

Return it and go to todogrow for a 135 quantum board.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I can say is do your research. I have made some bad to ok LED choices and I see improvement. I can only dream of choosing the better LED's.
Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up these should be in my possession by the end of the week.

720w HLG XL Quantum board kit (Dimmable)

One for each atami Wilma system so.. 6x 288 V2 Quantum board 2x Slate triple heatsink. 2x HLG-320H Drivers for each one.
Should be fun never tried led before.
Spec below.

Passive heatsink. Dimmable 50-100% Meanwell Hlg driver. LM301B top bin diode. Samsung build quality High system efficiency.
Total PPF output 720w 1778μmol/s System efficiency at 720w 2.47μmol/j
Input voltage - 90 - 305v UK Plug fitted
Total draw - 300w - 720w (+/-5%)
Passive heatsink. Dimmable 50-100% Meanwell Hlg driver. LM301B top bin diode. Samsung build quality High system efficiency.
Veg Footprint - 2m x 2m Recommended Flower Footprint 1.5m x 1.5m.
Recommended height Veg - 24” Flower - 18”

Copied from the companys website as not sure im allowed to post the link.:tiphat:

Last edited:

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
for ppl witch like to have more infos and details here can send pm or leaf a massage on my profil and answer then back :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts