What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 Seedlings, Rinsed Em & they look Frumpy

St. Phatty

attachment.php

The soil is G&B Organics. Potting Soil & Potting Mix, with a little supplement, organic wood ash & bone meal.

Pretty light on the Bloom supplements (Phosphorus), I like to add High P bat guano to the water when they're in flowering.

Strain is a Blueberry Headband cross.

There's actually 3 females. I've moved all the males outdoors so they can put on some weight before they get fed to the birds. BIRDS LOVE POT :biggrin: Separate fubject.

Anyway, I was wondering what to do when I saw the frumpiness.

I had this happen with other seedlings that were sitting in acidic run-off in the bottom of the grey pan.

Normally I use wood to elevate the pots so they don't sit in the run-off.

I gave them a good rinsing, about a gallon each.

Anyway, so those are the 2 fixes.

I wonder - do they not like the LED spectrum ? It's a 2700 K and 5000 K color Temp mix.

Anyway, that will be my next fix, moving them outdoors. Right now outdoors I have 12/12 sunlight.

But I wanted to ask the brain trust what do about my frumpy plants.

The cat likes the light.

I have a selection of Metal Halide lamps 250, 400, and 1000 all with fresh bulbs. I guess 1K would be a little too big for helping 3 plants.

I figure, Sunlight is better than decent quality metal halide.

Attachments

• frumpy_031719.jpg
    frumpy_031719.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 34

MrBungle

Those peat cups have never worked for me... the roots could be restricted.. I'd consider pulling em out of the container, pealing those off, and replant

Could be light stress. Some plants seem more sensitive to the LEDs than others in my experience. Could also be a temp/humidity issue. If temps are too high and humidity is too low, especially with young plants, they'll slow transpiration and get wilty.

Latest posts

Latest posts