What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hydroponic grown hedging?

RGG

Hi

Im after some advice, Aswell as having lovely indoor garden i also own and run a hedging nursery, I've bee thinking of it for a while now and after going to my local chilli farm which they grow in nft hydro its got my brain working again.

I'm thinking of a NFT recirculating system growing some Photinia red robin and Cherry laurel in soil in 2L pots, They will be in either a glasshouse or polytunnel so a warm humid environment. Both plants go with extreme vigor and i cant get hold or grow enough of them quick enough!

I've tried searching the interweb trying to find some advice or if anyone is doing/has done this before with shrubs and cant find any information at all.

I suppose this is something I'm just going to have to test to find out if the time and effort getting this set up and going is going to be worth the amount of extra growth i can get out of the plants.