What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeders pack?

B

Bob Green

I was wondering about the new 2015 breeders packs on offer. Are they separately labeled or is it a giant mixed pack?

Really cool that you are letting those out to everyone.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
for Tikal and Kali China I have been seeing pictures of individual lines in separate packages.

Looks very interesting to me.

S

scai

I had Tikal breeders packet and there was three different lines, packed separately.

Kali China, Orient Express, China Yunnan

Kali China, Orient Express, China Yunnan

Post moved to correct thread

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the replies. Yes, every different line inside the Breeder Pack is correctly labeled and packed individually.

This is one of the good points of the Breeder Pack releases: you have the chance to keep inbreeding the separate lines or combine parental plants from different/more distant branches of the family.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the replies. Yes, every different line inside the Breeder Pack is correctly labeled and packed individually.

This is one of the good points of the Breeder Pack releases: you have the chance to keep inbreeding the separate lines or combine parental plants from different/more distant branches of the family.

Can you explain what you mean by different lines? I thought the breeder packs were just larger qty packs. Are you saying there are multiple malawi lines within the malawi pack, and multiple Panama lines within the Panama packs?

Thanks

Mr. Roseberry

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Going to need to find the fountain of youth or I'll never have time to grow all this goodness out!

But I'm sure gonna try :)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Can you explain what you mean by different lines? I thought the breeder packs were just larger qty packs. Are you saying there are multiple malawi lines within the malawi pack, and multiple Panama lines within the Panama packs?

Thanks

Mr. Roseberry

Yes, they are offering separate labelled multiple parental lines of each strain so you can make your own lines to taste. This is not just Mum & Dad, the one I looked at had 4 iirc... All grandparents.

Epic offer as well as the existing products.

B

blue_tick

I PURCHASED THE MALAWI FEM BREEDERS PACK. I HAVE A COUPLE OF THE OLD KILLER AND A COUPLE NEW KILLER AND THEY LOOK VERY SIMILAR OUT DOORS THIS SEASON . I WOULD HAVE DONE A FEW OF THE FRUITY AND PURPLE LINES BUT I DONE 4 BANGI'S AND 4 PURPLE HAZE X MALAWI STANDARD AND ENDED UP WITH 3 FEMALES EACH.THAT IS A HIGH FEMALE RATE IN MY OPINION. I WILL DO A GROW REPORT WHEN I REACH MY 50 POST WITH PIC'S OF EACH LINE.
THE BEST BANK AROUND

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Thanks

Mr. Roseberry

Hi Mr. Roseberry,

Breeders Packs are not just larger quantity packs.

Some strains have different phenos or expressions, this is the case of Panama for example, you can find the green panama pheno, the reddish/pinkish one, purple panama, and also regarding type of aromas like the lemony incensey panama....

In each Breeders Pack we offer separately different interesting phenos of each strain. This makes easier the selections in case you are looking for more specific traits and it also helps to breed with the different family branches.

Breeders Packs are very interesting for growers that have the chance to make big selections, and for breeders that want to explore the best and widest genetic diversity of the strain.

There's more info at our website : http://www.aceseeds.org/breederspacks.php

Kind regards

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome flboy,

Thank you very much for supporting our work and the Breeders Packs releases.

Seedlings coming from the same inbred strain usually look quite similar, you will notice more differences when the plants are more developed. It will be very interesting to see your progresses with the Malawi selections.

I'm glad you are having a high female ratio with the standard strains.
Best wishes! :)

B

blue_tick

I will do a report on the Malawi fem breeders pack so we can watch them develop. it will be the old & new killers

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
So if I am understanding correctly, the Panama comes with separate, labeled Panama lines? Different pheno leaning panama lines? That may be the greatest thing I ever heard!

Thanks Ace Seeds!

B

blue_tick

lesterbeans that is correct . they will be in separate labeled packs. that's how they came in my Malawi breeders pack

Master_Bator

It's refreshing to see a seed company offer a release like this. At a time when most other companies are going strictly femenized for their own personal gain, although they claim to be all about the plant and sharing it.

ACE on the other hand wants to give you best chance at producing your own strains and combinations by encouraging breeding.

Keep doing what you do ACE!

S

scai

I think that this is so good.
You get different lines of a variety.And you can experiment with different results.No other company does that.Encourage to breed.
And I think this will draw those people who want to do something different and makes a solid group of people who only want Ace's genetics. The best people in this hobby ;)
In every line here you can find good genetics, every variety is good and stable.
And it's up to you how you work it.

Latest posts

Latest posts