What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tokarev T3, from AfterThough Autos

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Thought I'd share a few photos of my first autoflower grow. :) It's a Tokarev T3 seed from Afterthought Autos.

Planted directly in Happy Frog soil, vegged under a 400w HPS, moved under a 1000w HPS for flower and fed once with Maxibloom. The pot was a bit small, but the results are looking decent. :D

The Sprout 8/24

Two Weeks

Current

Douglas.Curtis

Tokarev-T3-Under-a-1000w-hps.png

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great looking! Yep, larger container = larger yield. Excellent job, a master grower in 1st attempt! Bravo!

Douglas.Curtis

Great job on your breeding choices. Great vigor, and I was surprised at the density. Pulled a tiny taster and waiting for it to dry. :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Great job on your breeding choices. Great vigor, and I was surprised at the density. Pulled a tiny taster and waiting for it to dry. :)

Hope the end result is worthy.:)

As you probably already know...we're purists in the sense of not manipulating sex (feminize by GA, CS, etc.) allowing the profiles, genetics to naturally prosper. We use clean organics to grow/develop our strains.

We're into assisting those needing quality medicine with a short turn around or perpetual harvest, support Vets Grow and donate to other causes. Not commercialized...our following grows.

Douglas.Curtis

Personally, I don't consider silver to be a hormone or synthetic. It actually would have sucked for me if the seed had turned out male. Glad it didn't though.

Keep up the good work. :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally, I don't consider silver to be a hormone or synthetic. It actually would have sucked for me if the seed had turned out male. Glad it didn't though.

Keep up the good work. :)

We get a decent F:M ratio of ~75-80: 20%. Although no big deal, we often have to germ more than need be to pick out the few males exhibiting vigor, etc. ;o)

Douglas.Curtis

Autos are a different breed indeed. :)

I'm glad it's not outside though, almost a straight week of rain now. What's the mold resistance on it for such a dense flower structure?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like any plant, there's a chance for mold. There are few, if any, "mold resistant' strains if weather affects them. Leaf blower, fans shake off water excess can minimize mold.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
afterthought doez autoz right. grew out a tokarev t3 several yrz ago. great smoke.

from what I know about arid, most customerz arent on forums, so free advertizing- it's word of mouth on gr8 products.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
afterthought doez autoz right. grew out a tokarev t3 several yrz ago. great smoke.

from what I know about arid, most customerz arent on forums, so free advertizing- it's word of mouth on gr8 products.

Thanks!!
I remember you trying Tokarev...what 4 yrs ago?

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
yeah, bud- good memory. loved it for it's diesel n mini gun knock out. hands down best usa auto breeder and you help people. difference between new guy breederz on scene and all the extraz you give.

Douglas.Curtis

Pulled it, dried it and it's curing in a jar at the moment.

Sprouted straight in Happy Frog potting soil, under CFL lighting. Moved to 400w for veg, then flowered under a 1000w HPS. She was given water, plus one feeding of Maxibloom. The Happy Frog ran out of nutrients too soon and another couple feedings of maxibloom would have helped immensely. I wanted to see what the genetics were capable of at minimum, so I didn't feed except the one time.

Yield is 1 quart jar of roughly, wet-trimmed cannabis, minus one branch and a few nugs I already smoked. ;) When the cure is complete next month, I'll post up the photo of the trimmed branches before hanging and the flowers themselves. :)

This strain definitely messes up my afternoon in a pleasant way. ;) lol The tester flowers have been very enjoyable. :D

bigAl25

Veteran
How many weeks did you get out of the nutrients in Happy Frog? I have nine plants, autos in happy frog right now. They are in week 2 of growth. You insight will be helpful because I too use Maxigrow and Maxibloom at half strength.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This strain definitely messes up my afternoon in a pleasant way. lol The tester flowers have been very enjoyable.
Great to hear, Douglas! ;o)

We like to use Neptune products diluted strength (2-3-1) in bloom stage. Family owned, not a corporation.

Lots of products out there. Do your research! We don't use MaxiGrow (no need being autos) and MaxiBloom because Hawthorn Gardening Co. purchased General Hydroponics, which is a bummer for "organic" growers. Hawthorn Gardening Co. is a subsidiary of Scott's Miracle-grow which has a licensing agreement with Monsanto for Roundup in the home and garden market.

No thanks. Neptune Harvest is a great product!

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

I want to say the Happy Frog lasted about a month and a half?? At nearly 2 months you can see the faded yellow leaves already, even with the one feeding of MaxiBloom.