What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk's First Outdoor Run: ACE's Honduras, Ethiopian and Lebanese

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks guys! Will repot to 70L smart pots ASAP, taking individual photos of each.

In the meanwhile:
picture.php

One Ethiopian has an 8 fingered leaves??!? :bigeye:
picture.php

It's the thinnest fingered one of the bunch...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
up-potting

up-potting

Honduras and Ethiopian doesn't seem to have shown sex yet, all four repotted to 80L/20 gal smart pots.

Lebanese #2, the stouter one is a confirmed girl, she has been up-potted to a 170L/47gal smart pot.

Lebanese #1 on the other hand has me puzzled: girl, boy? hermie?

picture.php

These are being sprayed potassic soap / neem every other day.

Using high quality peat based soil with 5% humus, EC 1, mixed guanokalong (8 measurement cups) to the bottom layer, and leonardite in powder (200grams) to the upper (2/3) one.

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Beautiful pics.Honduras looks full of vigour

Thanks whiteweedo! :tiphat:

Thanks Tycho! I know that's a female preflower, but saw other oddly shaped preflowers... will keep an eye on her.

Soo... seems we've got two Lebanese girls!

Stout Lebanese (about 60cm/23")
picture.php

Tall Lebanese (about 1m/40")
picture.php

Both (sorry for crappy pic)
picture.php

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
lol. Gotta love nice weather. I find that by July 1st, plants should be really exploding with growth. If they are then you're doing it right. It's a critical time that affects the yield. If they're not really moving, it's an emergency and I foliar and pour the Nitrogen to them. A little burn is better than lazy growth at this time.

I put a dozen in a buddy's yard in behind his large unused chicken coop. I put them right where the old manure pile used to be and in full sun. He's starting to panic because "they're getting really big" he said. I didn't have the heart to tell him about the stretch. :biggrin:

I told him "Dude... they're growing too fast because they're looking for water. So give them 5 liters of water every 2 days." :laughing: They're going to be monsters.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
lol. Gotta love nice weather. I find that by July 1st, plants should be really exploding with growth. If they are then you're doing it right. It's a critical time that affects the yield. If they're not really moving, it's an emergency and I foliar and pour the Nitrogen to them. A little burn is better than lazy growth at this time.

I put a dozen in a buddy's yard in behind his large unused chicken coop. I put them right where the old manure pile used to be and in full sun. He's starting to panic because "they're getting really big" he said. I didn't have the heart to tell him about the stretch. :biggrin:

I told him "Dude... they're growing too fast because they're looking for water. So give them 5 liters of water every 2 days." :laughing: They're going to be monsters.

:laughing:

After this year there's something I learnt when growing outdoors... use the biggest pots possible or even better, sow directly (ala farmerlion) in the final (or at least) vegging pots... uninterrupted growth!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Tall lebanese (#1) I had trouble sexing it's an hermi... :cry:

picture.php

My fault, I think I was late up-potting her, though when I culled I examined the rootball and was rather undeveloped. :spanky:

I think the lesson I've learnt is the less you change their environment, the better; next time I'll sow ala farmerlion, directly in the vegging pot (70L/20gal).

Now I think I got the hang on watering soil and won't screw with seedlings outdoors.

Lebanese #2 seems sexualy firm.

Sorry for the picture quality... taking that in the wind with sooo lanky, exquisitely delicate sativas and and iphone trying to focus on the better contrasted background was quite a task :biggrin:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Update

Update

Zamaldelica Revegging

Zam seems to finally start revegging, I'd say in a rather nice way, no odd growth:

picture.php

Thinking on repotting her again, tempted to move her directly to the culled Lebanese 48gal smart pot? or would a smaller (22gal/80L) pot be better??

Lebanese (47gal/180L pot)

picture.php

Ethiopian #1 (22gal/80L pot)
picture.php

Ethiopian #2 (22gal/80L pot)
picture.php

This one has a distinctive darker green, with the thinnest fingered leaves.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Honduras #1
picture.php

Honduras #2
picture.php

Sorry for the crappy pictures, will try to get better ones next time.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi repuk,

Apologies for the lebanese hermie, don't think it's your fault, looks like it was genetically induced, although we didn't find hermies in our outdoor tests with this P3 lebanese generation, the strain had plenty of hermies in P1 and P2 generation so guess a few hermies may still can pop in this P3 generation although we selected against it. 8 P2 males were also involved in the production of this P3 generation and this adds more variability.

Looking at the positive side of things, the other females recently transplanted look very nice and should have a very vigorous growth in July and August.

Wish you are having a great start of summer!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:thank you: dubi!

I thought they were undeveloped? So you see them fine?

Having a great summer for sure! Lovely stashed and watching the outdoor girls grow! :biggrin:

How do you see them pheno-wise? Will get better pictures.

What would you do with the Zamaldelica? Should I repot to the pot where the culled Lebanese was? (has already bat guano mixed on the bottom layer) or to a smaller pot with just compost/humus mixed in?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Repuk, I'm really liking the Honduras you have going. I donated my Honduras seeds to a friend in Oregon. They are more suited to his light cycle.
As far as re potting goes, I would leave them alone this season. What you might gain with a larger pot. Could easily be offset by stress from switching. I would just start large next season and let them roll this year. Dubi certainly knows his genetics better than me. Have a great week my friend. Peace

Nup

Hola Repuk!

Seems your plans are enjoying the Spanish sun.
I'v enjoyed catching up with the thread. Things are looking well ;) What will you do with the herm?
Also I'v found the iOS app halide helpful, as it has a manual focus mode - I'm no photographer, but its a little less irritating then trying to get it to focus where you want otherwise. Happy growing.

Latest posts

Latest posts