What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Very nice pics Dubi. I'm looking forward to retirement so I can hang out with plants all day. You get to do it and get paid for it. Almost doesn't seem fair! lol

SpaceBros.

Buenos cogollos mis amigos!

Honduras #5 reminds me of my Durban Poison a little. Small calyxes, airy buds, light resin coverage with plenty of orange-brown hairs. Nice, enjoyable smoke but a little on the milder side.

Also many thanks for the detailed insight into your breeding practices Dubi.

Attachments

• Durban Poison.jpg
    Durban Poison.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 122

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm starting to make some smoking tests of the Honduras that have been curing for a few weeks, potency is mild overall by now but hey! some females have really active, clear and funny effects that remind me the good and happy mexicans i used to grow in my teen years. Other Honduras females are more introspective and sedative, more colombian type of effect.

I will bring the best Honduras females to analyze in the upcoming weeks and we will continue with the smoking tests while the curing process is improving,
then i will decide which parental plants we will use to reproduce the strain.

I will keep you updated when i have more news Thanks for your interest.

Definitely interested in Honduras cultivar Dubi. Must of been good times during your teen years growing and smoking heh? If it reminds you of stuff you grew back in the day then i must try.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I'm starting to make some smoking tests of the Honduras that have been curing for a few weeks, potency is mild overall by now but hey! some females have really active, clear and funny effects that remind me the good and happy mexicans i used to grow in my teen years. Other Honduras females are more introspective and sedative, more colombian type of effect.

Happy, giggly Honduran plants sound excellent Dubi! Is there a different growth structure to the introspective / sedative plants?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
If it reminds you of stuff you grew back in the day then i must try.
Definitely, i loved the funny trippy effects i experienced when i smoked my first mexicans in my teen years .... it's very very difficult to find such clean effects in modern hybrids.

I brought Honduras samples of the different females this week to the lab, so hopefully in a few weeks we will have some results of the cannabinoid and terpene contents and ratios.
I'm also sharing samples with my close friends, so they can give me their opinion of the different females too.

It's good to base the decision to select the best parental plants using both ways: the objective lab analysis and the different subjective smoking reports, both are complementary and provides a wider idea of the potential of the genepool, this process takes time and resources, but nevertheless some parts are really enjoyable :)

Anyway, there's no HPLC or GC machine that can provide such details about the effects and aromas like an experienced smoker can do. But at the end it's also a subjective opinion.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Happy, giggly Honduran plants sound excellent Dubi! Is there a different growth structure to the introspective / sedative plants?

Hi Terpene,
Not much, all the Honduras females finished with very similar structure, flowering times, yield, etc ... only Honduras female 15 was a rarer longer flowering pheno with a more tropical fruity aroma, but the rest finished quite uniformly.

The most sedative Honduras females are the ones with purple ovaries in late flowering (with a more colombian type of effect), while the green Honduras with more brownish pistils (more mexican like) are the ones with clearer crystalline effects but maybe lesser potency.

Hi Dubi

Its good to know that you and Ace seeds have samples tried by close friends to get their feedback as well as lab analysis. I love ace seeds crew.

Also I recently got my order my mail
Purple Haze std, bangi haze fem, nepal jam fem, and 12 Guatemala.

Next order: Honduras

Neighbour

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Final conclusions after studying the first generation

Final conclusions after studying the first generation

After 3-4 months of curing, sharing notes with experienced friends about the different samples, and after receive the results of the cannabinoid and terpene profiles of the different females, i think we have now a better and wider overall idea about this sativa from Honduras. It's without any doubt a 100 % tropical sativa landrace from Central America (based on flowering times, floral structures, psychoactivity, aromas and overall personality) of amazing vigor, yield, and exciting effects.

The growing structure, flowering time, flower distribution and overall appearance reminds the old long flowering lowland colombians. On the other hand, the effect and terpenes are closer to the old mexican sativas of clean, happy and positive effects. The effects have a stimulant component similar to the more exciting and nervous african sativas.

The effect is exciting, would the best word to describe it. It starts gentle first, but comes quickly providing a strong rush of energy and motivation through the whole body, like a strong caffeine or excitant effect. The effect is super clear (crystalline) in the mind, expansive, stimulating the thoughts and the mood in a very positive, well focused and creative way. 'Feel good' sativa! :) The energetic, clear, positive and creative effect reaches the peak in 1 hour, then the excitant effects start to decrease, gently and progressively for 1 hour more, without tiredness or hangover. A lovely sativa trip of moderate strenght and duration, but with very desirable sativa qualities and without ceiling. The 'mood enhancer' effect lasts 2-3 hours more in a more subtle and functional way.

Excellent sativa to work, for music, for outdoor activities, to socialize ... good against migraine and apathy. Not recommended in case of anxiety, insomnia, heart problems or parkinson.

The strain is very uniform for several traits: very high vigor, strong branching, leaf traits, tropical sativa behaviour, flowering time (aprox 14 weeks), very high yield, huge fluffy floral structures, very high flower/leaf ratio, small sized ovaries, average-small resin production. The different females share a similar kind of psychoactivity, cannabinoid profile, aromas, and overall personality, with some deviations like in any landrace population.

So far we have found 3 distinct phenos (considering the differences of the effects and aromas). The first and most frequent is the 'mexican pheno'. The aroma and taste are mainly earthy, herbal and woody like many old mexicans, with a slight background of fermented citrics (commonly found in colombians and panamanian sativas), not especially refined or pleasant terpenes for modern standards although not disgusting at all for the old sativa lovers. This pheno produces plants with the most electric, stimulant and clear effects, almost like a discharge of pure energy of 1 hour duration, without ceiling or hangover. Females 2, 5, 9 and 11 belong to this pheno. The effect of the females 2 and 5 have a very desirable, positive, creative and 'mood enhancer' quality which i prefer over females 9 and 11, being the female 2 my favourite one, overall it has the best effect among the different females of this pheno. The thc content of this 'mexican' pheno is low (compared with modern hybrids): around 6-9 %, with none or very little CBD or CBG content. Second and third phenos are less frequent.

Honduras female 7 would be the second pheno. It has the same growing and flowering habits than the first 'mexican' pheno, but clearly stands out for having more refined, pleasant and stronger fermented lemony aromas. It also has the strongest, most balanced and complex effects, the highest THC (11.60 %) and terpene content. It's without any doubt the best female of the bunch.

Honduras female 15 would be the third pheno. It's an interesting, rare (not so frequent) late flowering pheno, with creamy tropical aromas and excellent stimulating effect. The yield and size of the plant was a bit smaller than her sisters, the flowering time was 1-2 weeks longer than the average, and the flower formation was slightly different, with less numerous, but bigger and thicker pistils (sorry, i had no chance to take pictures of this parental plant). The effect is very electric, clear, motivating, similar to the first pheno, but more complex and intense. It shares most of the aromas with the first pheno, but this female 15 has some creaminess and touches of tropical fruits, makes her slightly different than the other females too.

Summing up, the positive traits of this sativa from Honduras are: high yield, high flower/leaf ratio, high vigor, resistance and overall health, and of course the stimulating, clear and creative effects of the best females.

The traits to improve are the long flowering, thc and terpene content and hermie rate. I think the cannabinoid and terpene content can easily be increased and improved by breeding towards female 7. We hope to lower down the hermie rates a lot by reproducing only the non hermie parental plants.

As we speak the Honduras sativas is being reproduced in pure form using all the non hermie females (in order to keep the biggest genetic diversity possible for future generations) although i will focus the future breeding of the strain with my favourite females: 2, 15 and mainly 7. As commented in the first post 3 males were selected for the reproduction, 2 stinky males with reddish stems and 1 green male.

Beside that, we are also making some F1 hybrids between Honduras sativa and other central american sativas like Tikal, Panama and Hazes to learn how this sativa performs in outcrosses.

Attachments

• Honduras 2 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    Honduras 2 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Honduras 5 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    Honduras 5 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Honduras 7 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    Honduras 7 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Honduras 9 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    Honduras 9 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Honduras 11 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    Honduras 11 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Honduras 15 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    Honduras 15 análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 115

Pflanzenfreund

Are you planning to release this strain in pure form? I love landrace strains and i think there are not enough pure strains on the market now. keep up the good work ace seeds your malawi is one of the best strains ive ever smoked. greetings from germany!

weak

Hola Dubi, cuanto tiempo!! He pasado de casualidad por aquí y me encuentro con estas joyas hondureñas, me iré pasando de vez en cuando para ver que trabajos vais realizando a partir de ellas. Un saludo

The English Cut

After reading the smoke report yesterday I realised I still had a bud of Honduras that you gave me, dubi (not sure which plant it was though). It's been in a glass jar since January so very nicely cured now. Incredibly hairy, loads of brown hairs. Slight citric smell. Very smooth smoke, touches of citrus but subtle. I smoked 4 bowls (pure, no tobacco) in my pipe over the course of the morning and the effects were really nice. Nice clear high with lovely euphoric sensations that I didn't really feel until after the second bowl - I guess it's down to the relatively low THC that I needed 2 bowls to feel it. I had a load of transplanting and soil-mixing to do and the smoke kept me energetic and active the whole time with no tired-feeling after-effects at all. I felt very happy without feeling even slightly 'retarded'.

picture.php

Not really the strongest-tasting weed ever but altogether a very enjoyable smoke, great active daytime weed. All in all a very pleasant experience with really agreeable sensations, thanks for giving me the chance to sample it! Peace, TEC.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Are you planning to release this strain in pure form? I love landrace strains and i think there are not enough pure strains on the market now. keep up the good work ace seeds your malawi is one of the best strains ive ever smoked. greetings from germany!

Yes, Honduras sativa will be released in pure form first (around end of the year, early 2017) along with the pure ethiopian sativa, need to do some testing of the offspring first.

If everything goes well, pure Mauritius sativa will be released next.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi,
what are the differences in effect compared to the Guatemala ?

Hi Apollo13,

Both Guatemala and Honduras have classic woody american sativa aromas and uplifting cerebral effects. Guatemala is sweeter, sweet and sour while Honduras is more citric. Guatemala has a shorter flowering time and the yield is average, Honduras takes longer to mature but the yield is huge. Both have interesting cerebral, motivational and positive effects, Guatemala with a bit more of body, more balanced ... Honduras more electric, cerebral, less body effect. Both are interesting examples of the pure central american sativas.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi The English Cut :)

Your tolerance is very high with all those rosin extracts ;) ehhehehe but I'm glad you have enjoyed the more subtle, clear and active Honduras effect, it's very nice effect to work as you have experienced. Take care friend!

Latest posts

Latest posts