What's new

What is an Activity award?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JackTheGrower

I saw a purple leaf on my page a couple days ago..

I looked and it said activity 100%

Now there is no leaf and my activity said 92%.

I never received any notice so what gives?

I was happy to get an award and now not so happy not to have it..

Can anyone explain?

Looks like sackoweed bumped you out of the top spot.

If you go to Site Menu then IC experience you can see all the awards.

Its pretty self explanatory once you figure out that page is there.

:wave:

J

JackTheGrower

That's fine!

However, lets talk about the word award.. I mean this in a friendly way so, I think once we think about it we will all get it.

Definitions of award on the Web:

* a grant made by a law court; "he criticized the awarding of compensation by the court"
* give, especially as an honor or reward; "bestow honors and prizes at graduation"
* a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"
* give as judged due or on the basis of merit; "the referee awarded a free kick to the team"; "the jury awarded a million dollars to the plaintiff";"Funds are granted to qualified researchers"
* prize: something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery; "the prize was a free trip to Europe"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

----------------------

Alright then an Award is something given.. It is mine to keep.

So on that note.. It is an achievement that is recognized.

So If we give an award then we should never take it back!

The Activity award, as it stands now, is not an award but a status symbol. ( like doing good for the corporation today but what will you do for them tomorrow )

So.. Activity Status symbol.. Or An award for achieving 100% status ( considering we are encouraging that sort of thing )

So I don't want a gawd awful huge leaf but I wouldn't mind a smaller one.

Think of it as a soldier with metals.. Only so much room on the chest for them but we can have many.

Then our members can collect awards such as 100% activity or best photo contest winner of.. Or anything.. Best cookie recipe September 2009. Or Most organic 2009 or whatever..

The point is any symbol that is given and taken away is not an award.

So shrink those awards down to a small size and let the members who achieve milestones keep their metals.

Thanks

Your, often active but not really got the time to be 100% all the time against all comers to keep my purple leaf, Friend

JackTheGrower

P.S.

I'm the square peg in the "cool people" round hole world.. I know that.. At least I can be recognized for contributing even if it never gets me an invitation to the Playboy Mansion; contributing is something I do all the time, all the years I've been growing.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
yo.........skip / admin....So i noticed....Sept. ! rolled around......and ALL
i repeat ALL my ACTIVITY points went away.....back to zero.......that kinda sux'z itz like each month U start all over..........

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
You didnt think you were going to stay Miss Universe forever did you?

miss%20universe.bmp

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Nice PM bro .. and no I wont logon to your webcam to watch you touch your mom when shes sleeping. Thats just wrong.

Your point is as valid as mine is. The award system is all temporary. Did you really think you would keep your activity award or any other at the expense that no one else gets it regardless of your current activity level?

Believe me no one wants to see the same crusty Miss Universe year after year.

0908051534ad72b26def5e8d3b.gif

J

JackTheGrower

Look , The term Award is a false representation.

That's my point but to look for the fight read the next post LOL!

Have fun !

L

LolaGal

Mwahahahahahaahaha...

Now that the coveted purple leaf belongs to me, NO ONE shall ever take it from me!

It is mine, I say, all mine, forget about it....

Mwahahahahaha.... no one shall have the purple leaf..

just kidding, I hereby give my purple leaf to Jack the Grower, but he has to let Verite have it every other weekend and holidays too.

:biglaugh:

J

JackTheGrower

I'm just a guy who thinks they have to fight when picked on buy a senior.

So how am i doing?

hey seriously all crap aside what about my post?? Award and all..

BTW use a condom when you try someone new..

Jack

J

JackTheGrower

Mwahahahahahaahaha...

Now that the coveted purple leaf belongs to me, NO ONE shall ever take it from me!

It is mine, I say, all mine, forget about it....

Mwahahahahaha.... no one shall have the purple leaf..

just kidding, I hereby give my purple leaf to Jack the Grower, but he has to let Verite have it every other weekend and holidays too.

:biglaugh:

Lola I was there for your delayed flowering.. I have nothing but concern for your Title of most active poster..

Blessings to you and may the leaf of Active be your permanent metal!

Jack

J

JackTheGrower

Holy shit one legged pony trick..

How about a "I Love you all?"

Jack

L

LolaGal

i could really care less about a leaf that pops up and suddenly is there.

Activity award is given to the most active person on the site, it is updated on a daily basis by a computer program.

The program is called Experience. I forget what version we have here. You can look and see and then do a google search on it and read up on how you can become the most active person.

I'm fixing to go to bed, so you have the next 12 hours or so, knock yerself out Jack.

Leave Verite alone, he is our team funny guy and nothing he posts is supposed to do anything other than make us all laugh and we love Verite and his jokes here, he cracks me up all the time.

He was just funning with ya, don't get all tore up about it.

Besides Jack, how could you even be concerned on this of all days...

Poor Michael Jackson barely cold in the ground... why aren't you grieving? :biglaugh:

Now, now, just kidding, don't get mad at me... :peace:

J

JackTheGrower

i could really care less about a leaf that pops up and suddenly is there.

I know you have good sense..

I just knock myself out without reward and Damn it that ment something to me..

So good night sleep well.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts