What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thread hijacking, trolling, and all out attacks. Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyATL

Veteran
lmao this argument is so dumb. if you guys wanna post in there and talk about prodo Chinese glass do it. Just think about your audience.

I at least posts pics of my glass pieces with commentary.

the OP of this thread just comes and bitches.

Again, I tried doing that. I was attacked. By you, because you ASSumed I was stepping on your inflated ego or something. You're really not all that bright are you? I was a new member just trying to share a piece I liked with the community. Boy I'll NEVER make that mistake on this forum EVER again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizophrenic
Please troll elsewhere. You're not providing anything, you're attacking people. You're hijacking a thread which is OBVIOUSLY not a glass-only topic. It is supposed to be a sticky thread welcoming all users to post their favorite smoking accessories. NOT a place to be attacked if their contribution isnt a $300+ high end glass item. You're a troll. Your excuses are not valid. Get out of my thread, you're the problem. Not the solution. Good day to you.

AND AGAIN, In case you missed it. Get out of my thread. Trolls are not welcome here.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i psted my piece in there ,i dont think it got blasted,but it didnt get any comments....i dont care if it aint a roor or whatever...anyone who dont like it F.U.C.K.E.M. ...-T-

JohnnyATL

Veteran
i psted my piece in there ,i dont think it got blasted,but it didnt get any comments....i dont care if it aint a roor or whatever...anyone who dont like it F.U.C.K.E.M. ...-T-

you had the sandblasted piece right. it was tight

why not start ur own thread fornice people to show their wares..

Why when a perfectly good one existed at one point and the people who moderate these forums failed miserably to keep it from being hijacked and completely derailed? This would be condoning and rewarding behavior that should be discouraged.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Why when a perfectly good one existed at one point and the people who moderate these forums failed miserably to keep it from being hijacked and completely derailed? This would be condoning and rewarding behavior that should be discouraged.

with all the shit you talk about the mods your the one who should be watching out.

T.Baggins

not to get off topic , but it sucks that Ken Griffey Jr. wasn't in the lineup against Randy Johnson last nite!

Last edited:
Exactly, which is why they should have been provided with their own sub-forum, but they certainly went about obtaining it the WRONG way. You don't hijack and existing thread an blast people to get what you want.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Exactly, which is why they should have been provided with their own sub-forum, but they certainly went about obtaining it the WRONG way. You don't hijack and existing thread an blast people to get what you want.

no we were discussing quality high end glass art, helping it evolve into more than a post a picture thread.

no we were discussing quality high end glass art, helping it evolve into more than a post a picture thread.

You can discuss high end glass art without making fun of people with prodo or non-glass pieces, attacking other members, and arguing.

You are a troll, nothing more. And shall continue to be treated as one.

Yes you are welcome to make a thread on the production and use of fine hand-blown glass as long as it does'nt turn into an advertising vehicle to sell your own glass to the members here....

unless you wish to pay to advertise.......and help the site out that way....

Congratulations. Now be gone.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
You can discuss high end glass art without making fun of people with prodo or non-glass pieces, attacking other members, and arguing.

You are a troll, nothing more. And shall continue to be treated as one.

unfortunately discussion brings argument. I haven't made fun of anyone. All I say is, if your saving the smoke money by growing it yourself, buy a quality piece.

and your so quick to pull the whole troll think but you haven't brought anything to table regarding the topic

BECAUSE IM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR TOPIC! I WAS INTERESTED IN THE ORIGINAL PURPOSE OF THAT THREAD AND I WAS ATTACKED! JUST LIKE MANY MANY OTHERS WHO HAVE ALL SPOKEN UP ONLY TO HAVE THEIR POSTS DELETED. THE SAME PEOPLE +REP'ING ME FOR BRINGING THIS TO LIGHT.

WHAT PART OF THIS DONT YOU UNDERSTAND?! YOU ARE A TROLL. AND HAD I ANY INTEREST IN HIGH END GLASS ART YOUR ATTITUDE ALONE WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH TO RUIN IT FOR ANYONE!

YOU CAN NOW GO POST YOUR OWN GLASS THREAD. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Yes you are welcome to make a thread on the production and use of fine hand-blown glass as long as it does'nt turn into an advertising vehicle to sell your own glass to the members here....

unless you wish to pay to advertise.......and help the site out that way....

Congratulations. Now be gone.

Sleepy

Veteran
i'm not sure if this will help or not...

i'm not sure if this will help or not...

I would appreciate it if someone would finally do something about the thread located here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=8064

It is a "~POST YOUR PIECE~ BONG-BUBBLER-VAPO" sticky thread which I am sure was meant as a general place to share some pics and welcome new folks to the forum. I myself was new not too long ago. I came here and my first post was in that thread. I was unaware that the thread was long hijacked by a group of glass afficianados. This thread is a sticky to allow any member to come, share a pic of any piece they may have (NOT JUST $$$$$ GLASS) and have fun. It is not supposed to be a place where these glass gurus bait, attack, and troll because they refuse to leave or make their own thread(s) unless they are given their own sub-forum section. And the moderator there, I believe his name is 10k, just deletes all the posts complaining about these attacks and lets it continue. Just posting a few times this afternoon I was graced with a few +rep from people afraid to speak up about it because they've had their posts deleted too! It is obvious that it is getting out of control. It's sad when dozens of posts are deleted daily because of these trolls. They think by taking over the thread they will eventually force the forum admins into creating their own section instead of having to have a glass advertiser pay for advertising in order to get it. It is complete BS.

I have been a moderator and ran numerous forums for many years. Never before have I seen such a perfect example of trolling and thread hijacking, and on top of it those who complain are having their posts deleted and its allowed to go on. Its insane. Mr. Tony and a few others are prime examples of these "trolls".

PLEASE...... Either give these guys a separate place to discuss glass (which I would not recommend, allowing this would be caving in to what they are presently trying to do by hijacking this thread) or force them to relocate to another thread. Or.... Ban them.

Perhaps they will get the hint. It is a shame it has come to this. If I were not invited here by friends I would have left in a heartbeat. I would have expected this from children on rollitup or other less professional sites.......

I'm just awestruck to why this has been allowed to continue for so long. Its mind boggling. By a moderator no less....

I anxiously await your response. Thank you very much for your time.

i am not a Moderator...

at the bottom left corner of every post is a red triangle. its sole purpose is to report inappropriate posts to the Moderator(s).

if you feel something posted is wrong/inappropriate, click that red triangle.

Status
Not open for further replies.