What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to post pics w/ the new v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
Since I haven’t experienced any problems posting pics with the new galleries, I thought I’d write down how I’ve been doing it. This tutorial doesn’t include how to upload into your galleries

• There are now 2 galleries to choose from, the new and the old as you can see in this picture

picture.php

If you want to drag and drop pictures from either gallery, you must click on
picture.php
that is at the top and bottom of the page to post your reply (also works when you click ‘New Thread’). NOT 'Post Quick Reply' or 'Go Advanced'

--- Old Gallery ---
The 2 ways to post pictures from your old gallery are: drag and drop the picture (thumbnail/full size) into the text area (Picture 1) or click on the picture you want to post in the gallery pop-up window and under the picture are board codes that you can copy & paste into the text area (Picture 2)

--- New Gallery ---
If you want to post from the new gallery, go into the album where the pic you want to post is located and drag the thumbnail of the pic into the text area, this should post a thumbnail that can be clicked for the full size pics

--- Insert Images ---
There is also an option to insert images from both of your galleries using the same window, you can find the 'insert' button under the smilies in the 'reply' area

Use the menus at the top to select which gallery you want to post from and how you would like the picture posted. Simply clicking on the picture should insert it into your post (drag and dropping photos also works if you clicked the 'Post Reply' button)

It is recommended that you upload your new pictures into the new gallery/albums since it allows higher resolution for your pictures

Let me know if I've missed anything
MAIG :smoke:

Last edited:

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
Things that could be wrong are
  • Log out to clear cookies, then log back in and try it again
  • User options not set to Enhanced Interface
  • Clicking the wrong 'reply' button

If you have done all those things and it still won't drag & drop, it may be Safari related. I've never had any problems using Firefox

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'm afraid drag and drop does not work with IE7 either - at least not on my machine. If I click on a thumbnail in the album, or drag a thumbnail into the reply, all I get is a large view of the image, 'a la' my album, and the reply page has disappeared. If I hit back, obviously any reply I typed is gone.

I don't want to add full-size images to my thread - I can't think of anything worse, personally. I want to add thumbnail links, like I used to, to fullsize images that the user can click on at their discretion. I don't seem to be able to do that, and it's driving me crazy - I'm a busy guy, and I don't have this much time to waste on simple stuff like adding images...:(

oregon_guy

Same problem here. I have tried your suggestions, Switched to enhanced mode, Logged out and back in, hit the correct reply button and enlarged the photo and tried dragging it in. It only gives me a large photo in my photo album.

Help my thread is dying.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Find it physically difficult to select/copy/paste stuff due to nerve twitching diagnosed as whitefinger , old way was so easy in comparison.

Doubt i am the only one finding it frustrating for similar genuine reasons.

Really love doing grow threads with plenty of hopefully useful pictures but this is becoming a chore rather than a pleasure with several on the go at once.

If the click/drag can be made to work i would really appreciate it , can manage well enough that way , on a widescreen at least with open windows side by side.

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
Myself and others have got results from the directions in the first post. Those who are having problems, are you using Firefox? If not, you could either switch to Firefox or let Skip know that the new gallery isn't working correctly in your browser

It's important to note that you can no longer post thumbnails from the old gallery, only the new gallery/albums can create a small thumbnail like swampdank and I posted

OK lets give it a try, I made a new photo folder in my gallery, was able to load thumbnails only, lets see what happens!

Grape Krush at 64 days flowering
picture.php

OK what gives? I thought you could cut and paste(because click and drag did not work for me) and then click on pic to enlarge. Is there something I did wrong or is anything else I can do to get a pic thats larger and visable?????

All help appreciated Thanks, Sticky

Last edited:
OK I tryed to click and drag and it took me to a window to post comments, so I did, and clicked on the go advanced and posted! It posted a coment to my gallery, so, I can't click and drag to post pix, I can only load thumbnails and post same to threads and they can't be clicked on to open up to a larger photo! I'm now gonna see if I can post a larger pic to my gallery 1024 x 683 which is in the preset paramaters set by the site of 1024 x 1024...wish me luck

HELP PLEASE!!!!! at least I can now edit my posts...I'm getting closer to a solution I HOPE!

THANKS for all help, Sticky!

Skip

Veteran
OK I tryed to click and drag and it took me to a window to post comments, so I did, and clicked on the go advanced and posted! It posted a coment to my gallery, so, I can't click and drag to post pix, I can only load thumbnails and post same to threads and they can't be clicked on to open up to a larger photo! I'm now gonna see if I can post a larger pic to my gallery 1024 x 683 which is in the preset paramaters set by the site of 1024 x 1024...wish me luck

HELP PLEASE!!!!! at least I can now edit my posts...I'm getting closer to a solution I HOPE!

THANKS for all help, Sticky!

Please READ the first post again...

Skip

Veteran
I'm afraid drag and drop does not work with IE7 either - at least not on my machine. If I click on a thumbnail in the album, or drag a thumbnail into the reply, all I get is a large view of the image, 'a la' my album, and the reply page has disappeared. If I hit back, obviously any reply I typed is gone.

I don't want to add full-size images to my thread - I can't think of anything worse, personally. I want to add thumbnail links, like I used to, to fullsize images that the user can click on at their discretion. I don't seem to be able to do that, and it's driving me crazy - I'm a busy guy, and I don't have this much time to waste on simple stuff like adding images...:(

Sounds like you haven't selected Enhanced Message Editor for your User Options.

Also if all you want is thumbnails, you should post images in the NEW forum Albums, not the Old gallery.

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
Find it physically difficult to select/copy/paste stuff due to nerve twitching diagnosed as whitefinger , old way was so easy in comparison.

Doubt i am the only one finding it frustrating for similar genuine reasons.

Really love doing grow threads with plenty of hopefully useful pictures but this is becoming a chore rather than a pleasure with several on the go at once.

If the click/drag can be made to work i would really appreciate it , can manage well enough that way , on a widescreen at least with open windows side by side.

Yes, that is the idea. You can keep your gallery/album open that way thru your whole session. Far better than reloading it every time you want to make a post, whether or not you're going to post an image (as before).

Please go back over the instructions in the first post, and if that doesn't work let us know what browser you are using. Also check your browser settings. They should not be the most restrictive.

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey skip, is that you-->:wallbash:? Thanks for all the hard work! I'm going to go hop on a mac and go through uploading and adding pics to posts in safari and in firefox and see if I have any issues, I'll post what happens.

One thing I find more important than photos today that makes me relieved and happy is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts