What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Strainguide-Please contribute!

supersonic

Strain/Breeder: Afghan (Nirvana)
Harvest time: 15th october
Latitude of grow: 46 N
Growing type: Guerrilla, full day sun
Average yield: low
Potency: 8
Mold?: little mold
Year of grow: 2005

Low germ rates 4/10, they also needed 3 weeks to come out of the dirt. Strong indica buzz, short lasting. Good resin production, earthy smell and strong smoke.
Only nirvana strain I have grown with no difference in phenotypes.

Last edited:

Tokey

Strain/Breeder: Nigerian Nightmare (Reeferman Seeds)
Harvest time: July 1st (shocked into flower)
Latitude of grow: 36 N
Average yield: I only had one girl :(
Mold?: Very little, insignificant
Potentcy: 7/10
Year of grow: 2007

The seeds were germed on March 1st and the lone female was put outside on May 1st (damn, am I regimented or what?). As advertised, this shocked the plant into flowering. She was pretty small and skinny, but she bulked up and grew quite a bit during flower. It wasn't placed in full sun, she got probably 6 or 7 hours of direct light and quite a few more of filtered light. When she was chopped, she probably had 10% amber trichs at the most. After a jar cure, she smells really sweet and fruity. If you smoke a little bit it's kind of a euphoric dizzying buzz that can impair your visual frame rate, if you know what I mean... smoke hard and it's pretty damn trippy. I like it. It's great for losing yourself in some good music :).

Strain/Breeder: Durban Poison X Skunk #1 (Sam the Skunkman)
Harvest time: End of August
Average yield: Again, I only had one :(
Mold?: 100% of mold was at sites of insect damage
Potentcy: Good, but she isn't properly cured yet.

These were the freebies from the Seed Boutique. 3 popped, one was female. She was grown guerilla style, in a place with less than optimal lighting (just like my Nigerian NM girl). She grew ~6-7 feet tall with a large main cola. She hasn't been cured properly, but early tests are promising, as one experiences a powerful up buzz that makes me feel like a champion. I can't wait to see what it's like in say, December :). This is very good herb.

supersonic

Strain/Breeder: Hollands Hope (Dutch Passion)
Harvest time: late september
Growing type: Guerrilla, 6h direct sunlight
Average yield: medium-low
Potency: 5, weak
Mold?: no
Year of grow: 2006

Very leafy, airy buds. Boring high, bad taste. Some metalic fruity smell, almost identic as Trance and relatively similar to Shaman. That are some boring outdoor strains with lack of potency.

supersonic

Strain/Breeder: Durban Poison (Dutch Passion)
Harvest time: late september
Growing type: Guerrilla, 6h direct sunlight
Average yield: medium
Potency: 6
Mold?: no

Big central cola, open structure- low weight after drying. Some unique smell, relatively good taste and an up high. Maybe worth trying again but on a location with full day sun.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Tokey said:
Strain/Breeder: Nigerian Nightmare (Reeferman Seeds)
Harvest time: July 1st (shocked into flower)
Average yield: I only had one girl :(
Mold?: Very little, insignificant
Potentcy: 7/10

The seeds were germed on March 1st and the lone female was put outside on May 1st (damn, am I regimented or what?). As advertised, this shocked the plant into flowering.......
I'm with irishsoco here, I'd like to hear more about this intriguing strain, I'd especially like to know what like cycle you used onher inside(24/0 or 18/6, or what?).

Tokey said:
Strain/Breeder: Durban Poison X Skunk #1 (Sam the Skunkman)
Harvest time: End of August
Average yield: Again, I only had one :(
Mold?: 100% of mold was at sites of insect damage
Potentcy: Good, but she isn't properly cured yet.
I'd really like more info on this, your harvest time was very early! Neither the Durban or Skunk #1 would finish that early for me under normal conditions.
Did you start the seeds for these on March 1st as well? What light cycle were they on indoors? Did they go out May 1st as well?

Strain/Breeder: Hawiian x Maui Waui.....Spliff seed's (Amsterdam)
Harvest time: Nov. 10, 07
Latitude of grow: 37 degrees
Location: In the Valley of the Jolly ( the green giant) S.C.Co.
Average yield: Good question....quite abit I'd say
Mold?: None... after a 1/2 inch of rain
Potentcy: OMG

grown in a 10.5 Gal bucket

This thing was topped or it would be pushing 9' tall or better

Here she is..!
Frosty...

Love the colors

well whada ya think...?

Last edited:
Strain/Breeder: ICE
Harvest time: 10 october
Latitude of grow: 45 N
Growing type: Various
Average yield: Very High
Potency: 8
Mold?: Sensitive to mold due to large tight colas
Year of grow: 1999 - 2005

Strain/Breeder: Bubblegum
Harvest time: Mid September, can span until Beg October (depending on size of plant)
Growing type: Various
Average yield: Average - Slightly Low
Potency: 10 !!! Killer mind and body stone - local legend (clone) Not sure of seed origin
Mold?: No mold, beats it due to early harvest !!
Year of grow: 1997 - 2007

AN ALL AROUND MUST HAVE - EARLY, POTENT, EASY TO GROW... so sticky it

Strain/Breeder: Super Silver Haze
Harvest time: November 1
Growing type: Balcony
Average yield: Above Average
Potency: 9, strong hazey sativa-indica high. Good cerebral and body balance.
Mold?: Mold surveillance is a must due to late harvest time

Strain/Breeder: Danny Boy
Harvest time: Beg. October
Average yield: Average
Potency: 8.5, Intense, well balanced indica-sativa high
Mold?: None

Smells like candy, very sweet. Very fruity taste as well.
My type of refreshment !

------------------------------
Strain/Breeder: Grapefruit (femaleseeds)
Harvest time: Mid October
Average yield: Above Average
Potency: 7.5, Nice balanced high
Mold?: Tendency to mold near ripening

Sweet and fruity. Smells like grapefruit!
Smokes out well balanced, not over strong. Good daytime stuff
------------------------------

...to name a few
(sorry don't do pics)

Peace my outdoor warriors

Flynnie

Backcountry, we grew out Nigerian Nightmare at 50N, got an early and normal pheno, my seed plants were ripped (5 to 6 ft, early had long spears, normal was branchy) but I gave a mate some clones (probably from the normal pheno), finished fairly early and small, poor bag appeal but pretty potent and best tasting grass I've had.

G

Early Queen

Early Queen

Strain/Breeder: Early Queen....Mr Nice
Harvest time: Sept 21st 2007
Latitude of grow: 41.5 east coast
Average yield:eek:z/ft of height.. 4 oz
Mold?: NONE
Potentcy:still curing will update
Year of grow:2007

These beans did not have the best germ rate.4/7 germed..one female,one keeper male.My pheno was very sativa in stature.She started flowering late.@ the beg of August but was really quick to finish.She got minimal care in a very dry season but did great.She was grown in the ground untopped.
Beg of July...she was started late

a bad bud shot but shows sativa

Ready to harvest..this girl was maybe 3.5 ft?? yield 4+ oz's

G

Strain/Breeder: EasySativa/Femaleseeds
Harvest time: Sept 17st 2007
Latitude of grow: 54 N
Average yield .+ 4 oz
Mold?: yes. lil bit.
Potentcy:Very upliftig high, typical day smoker.

Strain/Breeder: Maroc/Femaleseeds
Harvest time: Sept 17st 2007, had to harvest couse of mold issue.
Latitude of grow: 54 N
Average yeild .+ 3 oz
Mold?: yes, non mold resistant.
Potentcy:Knock out sativa high!

Last edited:

Technique

Strain/Breeder: Special Skunk (female Seeds)
Harvest time: Planted late october, harvest March/April
Average yield: Around about 7oz
Mold?: A little dew to wet weather in last few weeks of grow
Potentcy: Pretty Strong and nice tasting

7606IMG_0677-thumb.jpg

7606IMG_0807-thumb.jpg

p.s. i just noticed this thread and i will keep my eye on it for sure. and i'll be sure to post again around june! i have a few lined up!

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Thanks Technique! Could you also list a latitude or maybe at least a region of Austrailia? Its a big place!

Those are mice pics, but those are a bit big for me to repost in the guide with youir report, maybe just repost them as thumbnails? Thanks!

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Wow tech! Are you sure they had that late of a harvest? June/July is basicly dead of winter for you(December/January in the north Hemis).

Tokey

BACKCOUNTRY said:
I'm with irishsoco here, I'd like to hear more about this intriguing strain, I'd especially like to know what like cycle you used onher inside(24/0 or 18/6, or what?).

I'd really like more info on this, your harvest time was very early! Neither the Durban or Skunk #1 would finish that early for me under normal conditions.
Did you start the seeds for these on March 1st as well? What light cycle were they on indoors? Did they go out May 1st as well?

On Nigerian Nightmare:
The plants were put under CFLs for 24 hours a day from March 1st through May 1st. To answer the question on yield, I'd have to say it was nothing special, due to the compact size of the plant and the loose bud structure. Before rushing to judge the plant based on anything I've told you please consider the fact that I only had one plant, so there's no way to account for variations in pheno. Much more important that this is the fact that it was grown by a total amateur (thus, the buds weren't weighed) with very little growing experience. I do, however, have smoking experience, and I judge the buzz to be good :). I also like harvesting before the choppers fly.

On the Durban/Skunk:
It was put outside on May 1st, and was started sometime in mid to late March. It was in the forest and received very little (maybe 5-6 hours a day) direct light. I'm surprised that it grew so well and the smoke turned out to be so good. I can tell you that the trichs were cloudy, the plant had shed almost all of the fan leaves, the buds were full and it was beginning to mold. I didn't chop this individual plant too early. Maybe it was just a freak :/.

If this were any kind of true study, my reports would be pretty useless due to small sample size. Typically extreme statistical outliers shouldn't even be part of a meaningful data set. If this strainguide is ever condensed, perhaps my report on the Durban/Skunk plant should be removed. I think it probably should. If you agree, I'll take care of it.

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
I think your report was very interesting, no reason to cull it out, it kinda has intest to me because of issues studied in my sticked thread on latitude and finishing times.

Don't change a thing!