What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(Malawi x PCK) x Papua New Guinea

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Just now found this. Subbing up!

I was just going through my seed stash, taking inventory, trying to plan things out in my new place, and I kept coming back to this particular cross. It's intriguing to me. But I'm not sure I'm ready yet to plant any varieties with unknown flowering times. I might need to get another larger harvest in the jars first, with a known variety, before popping these seeds, just for peace of mind. I keep looking at this one, and the OTH cross. So maybe I'll just spectate here and see how it plays out for you, and that might help me decide.

I think I might pop some Golden Tiger seeds and grow those out. Maybe I'll get a male I can pollinate one of the PNG crosses with, and keep those genetics spreading!

Azure

I gave three plants to my buddy and kept two for myself.
The two I kept were transplanted into 2.5 gallon pots. They were also the two most different out of the group. One being the tallest and light green and the other shortest and darker green. My two:
picture.php

Here are my buddy's. I took this pic after we transplanted them that's why they are a little droopy. They sould enjoy the 6 gallon pots!

picture.php

Azure

28 days of flowering

28 days of flowering

These two are in 2.5 gallon pots and seem to be flowering faster than the others in 6 gallon pots.

This one is about 18 inches taller. The burning is from fan leaves hitting lights. They both are drinking a lot too.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Azure

37 Days of flowering

37 Days of flowering

This one is in a six gallon pot and really stretched. I had to pull another over because it grew past the light.
picture.php
picture.php

Azure

56 Days of flowering

56 Days of flowering

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pheno 1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pheno 2
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
picture.php
[/FONT]

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really interesting outcome Azure :)

It's very interesting you chose 2 very extreme and opposite phenos to evaluate the outcome of your hybrid. Being a polyhybrid (Malawi/PCK) x PNG guess we can expect several different phenos so it's always interesting to start to learn about them.

The first stocky pheno seems to have a more Malawi dominant flowering structure, but faster flowering and more compact in size due to PCK influence, this pheno would be closer to Malawi x PCK green phenos.

The second taller pheno is obviously a more tropical sativa expression, showing more PNG influence and less Malawi influence, yet with the classic purple colors in the stem and flowers from PCK purple phenos.

How are the aromas you are finding so far ?

Azure

Really interesting outcome Azure :)

It's very interesting you chose 2 very extreme and opposite phenos to evaluate the outcome of your hybrid. Being a polyhybrid (Malawi/PCK) x PNG guess we can expect several different phenos so it's always interesting to start to learn about them.

The first stocky pheno seems to have a more Malawi dominant flowering structure, but faster flowering and more compact in size due to PCK influence, this pheno would be closer to Malawi x PCK green phenos.

The second taller pheno is obviously a more tropical sativa expression, showing more PNG influence and less Malawi influence, yet with the classic purple colors in the stem and flowers from PCK purple phenos.

How are the aromas you are finding so far ?

This hybrid's mother was a short and stocky Malawi/PCK green pheno.

Both plants are still maturing with increasing the calyxe size and trichomes.
Both phenos smell similar. Floral and a little fruity. Very pleasant.

Here are some pics of the Tropical sativa pheno.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Azure

Malawi PCK pheno

Malawi PCK pheno

I took a lower bud to inspect with a microscope and we have bunch of cloudy trichomes. The lower buds will be finished before the main cola which is foxtailing and packing on more trichomes.

Here's a pic of sample bud
picture.php

Main Cola
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely work Azure :huggg:

So happy to see that your PNG hybrid worked so well with Malawi x PCK.
I really like the sativa traits that the PNG infused to the hybrid, and how the Malawi x PCK contributed with its good indoor adaptability and reasonable flowering times.

I'm also excited to be able to work with your pure PNG in a hopefully not so distant future. Thanks for your kindness :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I think it is so awesome that you are going to work with the line, Dubi! I was blessed enough to be given a few seeds as well, and now that I'm living in a small apartment I don't know when I'll be able to get around to any 20+ week genetics. I can't wait to see what you do with those! And Azure, thanks again, seriously, for distributing those genetics around. You're an angel, my friend.

I do actually plan on working with the Malawi/PCK x PNG though. Soon. (Ish.)