What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutrients

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Hey coco growers,

Damn it feels like forever since I started a thread around here.

So long story short... over the past year or so I've switched from soilless to coco for a number of reasons. Past couple runs have been hand watering in 2-5 gallons of coco using whatever I had on hand. Mostly Gh bloom and nectar of the gods nutrients.

This round I've switched it up to an auto drip system in straight coco in 2 gallon pots DTW. Mostly experimental I've been using mostly top dressing with seaweed and kelp meal and garden tone 3-4-4 and running just water and calmag in the reservoir.

What nutrients flower and or veg is anyone using? I need to get some hydro friendly nutes I think the NOG And the non flora gh bloom are to o thick for the drippers and pump?

My top picks are the canna coco a&b, house and garden a&b or the GH micro/bloom/grow.

Any input is much appreciated! Thanks in advance

Earache my eye

I find canna coco used at 2.5ml per litre works fantastic. Gives you an NPK of roughly:
130-36-65-132-36-17
N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S
Add a little epsom, silica, and some K sulphate to bring K to about 130ppm during flower. EC 1.2 PH 5.8-6.0. With the right environment and some 1000 watt DE HPS lights 3lbs per plant is easily obtainable.

knuckles

Veteran
You mean 3lb per light,because if it’s per plant you must only have one under each light..I recommend canna as well,but I keep the ph above 6.0

Earache my eye

Either way mate. We do 1 plant 1 light and get 3 lbs plus each plant per light. Only with the 1000 DE’s and an optimal environment growing in 55 litre tubs. We use the Hi Par 1000 DE which I must say are the best lights I’ve ever used for flowering. We use the 315watt CMH for veg and then change. 2x315 in flower on 1 plant worked surprisingly well too. Quality was outstanding just not the big yield like the 1000’s but very close.

MaxiBloom

MaxiBloom

Try General Hydroponic MaxiBloom.
It is a one part powder that is supposed to mix-up a solution close to Lucas formula.
I been using it for years in a recirculating drip setup.
It is very clean.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Recent convert from soil to coco. Canna Coco A+B is very easy to use. Even easier is Dyna Gro, and am going to try out Advanced Sensi Bloom Coco A+B. I have to say the price and simplicity of Dyna Grow is so nice. Just one bottle of bloom at about 4-5 ml/gal and you're set. Growth rates are impressive.

-Funk

amannamedtruth

Veteran
I am in love with H&G coco. Start at 6ml/gal, per 20 gal Rez. I also add 2.5 ml magical, canna boost, some form of silica product. Ramp up to 8-9 ml a/b per gal by week 5.

I also use some sort of potasium sulfate product like heavy 16 prime. (just got some sugaree to see if it is a good replacement, not sure if I'll stick with it)

Also use the bud xl and top booster as recommended, and then I'll start using some aurora/soul synthetics peak at around week 6 @2.5 ml/gal, ramp up to no mare than 7.5ml/gal.

Flush with ph'd water.

madalasatori

Veteran
Earache - run an 315cmh alongside your de dimmed to 600, you’ll get the same yield but better quality and will finish a week earlier.

FJ2000

I’m about to finish a run with just GH Flora micro and bloom in 3 gallon smart pots, cyco wormix/seamix blend, dtw. I used 1/4” drip lines run through a 6 port DIG adjustable manifold run by a 1300GPH flowtec submersible. I started with the emitters but eventually ditched them, made loops with Ts and adjusted flow at the manifold.
No problems with salt buildup at any point along the system. Used .2ec tap water ph 5.8 veg 6.1 flower (+\-)
GH is relatively cheap and easy to get a hold of. I’ve been using it in my food garden for a few years now.
I’ll have hard yield numbers in 10 days or so.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Either way mate. We do 1 plant 1 light and get 3 lbs plus each plant per light. Only with the 1000 DE’s and an optimal environment growing in 55 litre tubs. We use the Hi Par 1000 DE which I must say are the best lights I’ve ever used for flowering. We use the 315watt CMH for veg and then change. 2x315 in flower on 1 plant worked surprisingly well too. Quality was outstanding just not the big yield like the 1000’s but very close.

That sounds like a killer setup! 3lb plant indoors under 1000 watt light. What's the veg time on something like that? Strain? Not sure I've seen a 3lb plant indoors. Looking forward to the pics, you must have pics...

Earache my eye

That sounds like a killer setup! 3lb plant indoors under 1000 watt light. What's the veg time on something like that? Strain? Not sure I've seen a 3lb plant indoors. Looking forward to the pics, you must have pics...

I don’t take pics, because of security reasons but I may have to this time. They’re a week into veg atm, so I’ll get back to you with that.
Generally a 4 week veg and 10 weeks flower. Cherry Bomb by bomb seeds is what we grow. Great potent strain with big yields. Long flower time but worth the weight, (pardon the pun)

BongFu

You're not Pro Gro with a new name are you? It's just Pro Gro is an Australian who grows Cherry Bomb and started a thread here claiming he pulled 3lb a plant but disappeared after being gutted when he posted pics of pretty average looking plants.

BongFu

I find canna coco used at 2.5ml per litre works fantastic. Gives you an NPK of roughly:
130-36-65-132-36-17
N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S
Add a little epsom, silica, and some K sulphate to bring K to about 130ppm during flower. EC 1.2 PH 5.8-6.0. With the right environment and some 1000 watt DE HPS lights 3lbs per plant is easily obtainable.

Here's the problem with your info (presumably ex Progro). P based on your anlysis of Canna Coco nutrients (which I assume is taken by calculating ppm in solution from the labels which puts you out re ppm in solution because labels are guaranteed minimums and not true analysis as a lab would give you) is way too low for flower. So firstly this bad advice and this grower would get less than optimal yields if they took this advice. The fact is dependent on the fertigation frequency (toss in VPD also) minimum required P for healthy flower development is at about 65 ppm with no less than 4 fertigations daily (that's based on tissue analysis from Wallace labs BTW). In fact its better to go higher to about 80ppm of P with 4 fertigations but this can come down as the numbers of fertigations increases. But you are saying 130-36-65 which puts you at 36 ppm of P or about half of what cannabis requires in coco as a minimum to achieve genetic potential.

Thing about forums "mate" is there are a lot of growers who know their stuff and will spot and call out a bullshit artist very quickly (as they did with Progro).

NoMore

Used jungle juice A B from AN now using the full canna coco line, A+B, rizothonic , cannazym, pk13/14 and cannaboost....plants looks very healthy but this feeding it gets expansive when you have to feed everyday, cannaboost and rhizotonic are pretty expansive, i was looking for a cheaper line too

maimunji

You're not Pro Gro with a new name are you? It's just Pro Gro is an Australian who grows Cherry Bomb and started a thread here claiming he pulled 3lb a plant but disappeared after being gutted when he posted pics of pretty average looking plants.

Maybe they are partners?