What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lots of weed today tastes straight up nasty

igrowone

Veteran
I use Brer Rabbit Blackstrap Molasses - I sure do not overdo it. It does not negatively have any effect on taste nor have I ever noticed any strange aftertastes - that Brer Rabbit brand is an excellent source of Calcium, Mag, Iron & Potassium.

Really work great on strains that are N sensitive, like sativas.
Has no N, where the Cal/Mag bottle stuff has significant N.

ditto, same experience

St. Phatty

I'm in an illegal state where mid grade brick weed is still a thing, we also get lots of weed from legal states.

I can tolerate strong tasting weed but it just seems some terps are just straight nasty, Skunky, hashy, lemon, woody spice, earthy all smoke smooth for me. Nasty grape cigar, orange chemical, and berry perfume tasting weed you can't hold a hit in without gagging it's so bad and I'm definitely not the only one who thinks so. What the hell is wrong with some people?

Does it help if you let it sit for 2 weeks for some more cure time ?

I am not a fan of most dry but not cured weed.

Hoping that your commercial Cannabis wasn't sprayed, I wonder how much it would benefit from a little more cure time.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Does it help if you let it sit for 2 weeks for some more cure time ?

I am not a fan of most dry but not cured weed.

Hoping that your commercial Cannabis wasn't sprayed, I wonder how much it would benefit from a little more cure time.

I have a habit of asking any cash cropper. Most do in fact spray something.

bigAl25

Veteran
My organic grown cannabis with some unsulfured molasses tastes just great. The mason jar cure I'm sure helps immensely.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Interesting.. Like what?

Around here the scary one is myclobutanil. Most growers do not want to discuss it or maybe crack a joke until I share my policy. But I have heard just about everything. On ic just the other day I went back and forth with a guy getting ready to run a several acre greenhouse. No matter how I worded it he could not acknowledge a plant treated with nothing at all is better than his profit margin. His terms were approved of essential oils. Im not saying all commercial weed has been treated. But all of it is suspect. I could list several personal conversations with people ending in saying they needed the money. I say fuck that. Biggest line of crap ever. Pisses me off as more or more as seeing ingredients on a bottle of water. People can grow clean cannabis. Maybe some people cannot because the are to big to fix a problem correctly. They need to find a new career.

Hydro8

I have a habit of asking any cash cropper. Most do in fact spray something.

A lot of big growers claim they only spray in veg, which I have a hard time believing.

But supposedly here in Colorado the state is testing all commercially sold cannabis for pesticides. Not sure which or what pesticides they are testing for ?
I did hear a big grower failed a test for mold the other week and they made them recall product from a couple of dozens dispensaries.

'Boogieman'

I do grow outdoors myself, have used molasses and I find it does effects taste and makes most strains taste similar. I never smoked anything I grew using molasses that had a taste that made me gag and damn near throw up however.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
A lot of big growers claim they only spray in veg, which I have a hard time believing.

But supposedly here in Colorado the state is testing all commercially sold cannabis for pesticides. Not sure which or what pesticides they are testing for ?
I did hear a big grower failed a test for mold the other week and they made them recall product from a couple of dozens dispensaries.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Recall-deals-blow-to-California-s-marijuana-13487748.php

As of this week. Small growers and consumers need to unite to remove the billion dollar industry aspect of the plant. Give it back to the people.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

I ask specifically how they eradicate in flower. I am particularly suspicious of large perpetual harvests with no walls between anything.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I have asked you a few times how to deal with this and not spray or treat flowers? Seems like you are ignoring me. I would appreciate a response otherwise I assume you actually are agreeing with me.

I saw your personal message and came to answer you. Then saw this entitled piece of nonsense. Think whatever you want kid. I don't owe you an explanation for shit let alone me being busy moving and I didn't answer so must agree with you.

People have lives, responsibilities. Fuck you. There's your answer.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I saw your personal message and came to answer you. Then saw this entitled piece of nonsense. Think whatever you want kid. I don't owe you an explanation for shit let alone me being busy moving and I didn't answer so must agree with you.

Sounds like what I thought.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

:moon:

Wendull C.

Veteran
People with your attitude seldom learn from others. I will waste no more time on you. I bid you a fond fuck yourself and happy new year guy. Spray them flowers with rat poison and smoke as much as you can is how I deal with mites. Try it bro. Guy like you deserves it.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Why the temper tantrum? I was polite as fuck and genuinely wanted to know how large grows deal with these issues. If you didn't like your own answers then why did you get involved to start with.

I also have bills and life coming at me. Big deal. I will continue to not spray anything. And next time something moves in I will deal with it accordingly and if I cannot eradicate I will again start over. I understand some use of some products as a means of preserving strains. But I wil not be convinced there is any product that should be sprayed on flowers. Except water.

Sorry I asked. Lol

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I'm in an illegal state where mid grade brick weed is still a thing, we also get lots of weed from legal states. I find more often then not the taste from brickweed more tolerable than the stuff that's so full of terps its harsh and nasty. I'm smoking on some blueberry cross that tastes like somebody sprayed perfume in my mouth just straight nasty putting the joint out every couple minutes can't even get high. I'm shitty I didn't just buy mids instead.

I can tolerate strong tasting weed but it just seems some terps are just straight nasty, Skunky, hashy, lemon, woody spice, earthy all smoke smooth for me. Nasty grape cigar, orange chemical, and berry perfume tasting weed you can't hold a hit in without gagging it's so bad and I'm definitely not the only one who thinks so. What the hell is wrong with some people?

Has your question been effectively answered?

'Boogieman'

Has your question been effectively answered?

Yes, you would think people who grow at that size would have plenty of room to select resistant phenos, hell it would even save them money buying whatever they spray, you have people who don't know shit about growing weed, growing weed. The quality of imported weed from California is rarely good anymore, most smokes like mids with a shittier taste than green brick which actually seems to be getting better in the high department.

The worst im guilty of is spraying neem oil in vegging outdoor plants, never in bloom and I stopped after reading about neem possibly giving people coffing fits.

Latest posts

Latest posts