What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's say the USA declassifies cannabis, leaving it up to "State's Rights."

St. Phatty

when I was shooting allot, bout 8 years ago, govt put a strangle hold on brass and primers for reloading.. it sucked.. I no longer shoot that much but do have a lifetime supply of primers and brass..... and seeds!

Once I was at the recycling place in town, and there was an area with about 50x 55 gallon drums (and the bigger 4x4x4 feet) all filled with brass.

i.e. Rifle & handgun brass.

All the brass was crushed, to make it un-usable. Then recycled.

Someone went to a great deal of trouble.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Once I was at the recycling place in town, and there was an area with about 50x 55 gallon drums (and the bigger 4x4x4 feet) all filled with brass.

i.e. Rifle & handgun brass.

All the brass was crushed, to make it un-usable. Then recycled.

Someone went to a great deal of trouble.
The military used to sell their once-fired brass to civilian contractors, who would clean, re-load and sell it cheap to us the public.

Now the military crushes it. I don't say this often but, WTF??!!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
The military used to sell their once-fired brass to civilian contractors, who would clean, re-load and sell it cheap to us the public.

Some armorer NCO (@ (current value) $1.66/LB) i$ killing it.:headbange
Ya dont think the govt would recycle it for $$$s, do ya?

oldchuck

Veteran
I get the feeling there will be significant changes at the federal level in the coming year. Just a feeling but there are several bills in and a whole new congress. You can check my predictions in a year. I think hemp will get a national green light. Mitch McConnell wants it. And I think that they will pass some additional state's rights law protecting states that have legalized recreational Cannabis including banking access. As far as the drug schedule goes, I don't know. A lot more clinical research remains to be done. Only one whole plant medical product has been approved, Epidolox, but more are sure to follow. Don't know how the federal medical establishment will handle that.

Mengsk

I predict some but not all indoor will have a higher thc percentage than some but not all outdoor and continued bankruptcies/lawsuits among/between recreational growers/investors.

OregonBorn

If the feds do declassify weed, say to schedule 2 or 3, then the USDA and the FDA will become the federal level regulators of it. Likely the feds will then slap an excise tax on rec weed, and regulate it like they do booze, tobacco and Rx drugs. The ATF will become the ATF&M. The states will regulate and tax it like they do now with weed, tobacco and alcohol. No difference.

And contrary to some opinions stated here, they are very likely to do this. 33 states now allow some form of legalized marijuana, either medical, rec or both. We only need 5 more states to force a constitutional amendment that needs to be ratified by 38 states to be passed. The feds are likely not going to wait for that to happen, as they will lose more control over it then.

I thought that weed would never become legal in my lifetime. Now it is for medical and rec in my home state of California. I can even grow it legally there. At least at the state level and outside in my home county there. With SO many commercial and medical growers in the US now though, the feds could never possibly bust us all for growing weed. The tax bases have become too large as well. They are now focusing on busting illegal growers in legal states and all growers in illegal states. And they are staying busy doing that.

I think after the next presidential election it will happen. Hillary promised to remove marijuana from Schedule 1 status. She did not say to what lower level she would go though. At least Schedule 2 to make her promise come true. Also Sessions is gone now, so that is another plus. Rec weed states now number 10. Medical weed states now number 33. Every 2 years we pick up more states. It is going to happen.

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Umm, no they don't.

https://www.govliquidation.com/c/fired-brass.html

I do remember something along those lines happening during the Obama administration. But it was quickly rescinded for reasons I don't remember. Possibly because it was going to cost them more to recycle it themselves instead of selling it off.

But that doesn't sound like something our gov't would do, does it?

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Umm, no they don't.

https://www.govliquidation.com/c/fired-brass.html

I do remember something along those lines happening during the Obama administration. But it was quickly rescinded for reasons I don't remember. Possibly because it was going to cost them more to recycle it themselves instead of selling it off.

But that doesn't sound like something our gov't would do, does it?
AWESOME!! :) Thank you for updating me on this one.

White Beard

There is no way for the federal government to turn this into a states’ rights issue, all cannabis-related legislation came into being at the heavy-handed insistence of the federal government, only the federal level can wipe the board clean.

And that’s what has to happen: removal from the CSA schedules entirely, re-entered in the US Pharmacopoeia and given GRAS status; expungement of records of those imprisoned for cannabis offenses during prohibition, release of the currently incarcerated, and a general declaration that cannabis and cannabis products are legal to grow, hold, process, gift, sell, use or otherwise utilize like any other agricultural product, and the voiding of all federal, state, and local laws in conflict with that stance.

If any states wish to exercise their ‘right’ to reprohibit cannabis after this, they can fight that out with their several populations.

Resin-based products, including flower, might be subject to regulation, but not so as to interfere with one going about one’s lawful business in the production, dissemination and or use of such products.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
According to the drugs used to perpetrate mind control techniques in the book "THE ILLUMINATI FORMULA USED TO CREATE AN UNDETECTABLE TOTAL MIND CONTROLLED SLAVE"... it's description from page 48...

"Cannabis: (aka Marijuana, a sedative, change in perception, colors and sounds more distinct, time distorted. This drug is not used much in Monarch programming because it IMPEDES mind control. It has been experimented with in combination with other drugs as an interrogation tool. The CIA listed it as being used in MK-Ultra, but it served as an experimental drug rather than for programming.)"

I hope to see Cannabis descheduled but I'm not holding my breath!
Between big Ag, Big Pharma and Big Government, I doubt cannabis will ever be descheduled. They just can't admit to their lies and they absolutely cannot loose one penny!

Latest posts

Latest posts