What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magnificat's Legal Grow Journal and Chill Zone

Magnificat

image_495694.jpg
image_495695.jpg
image_495696.jpg
here we are about 3 weeks out from finish approximately and things are looking ok. They are putting on weight and branches are sagging, so I need to tie some up. I use wax-less red box generic dental floss to tie up my branches and sticks.

Feeding is low PPMs still, around 650ppms.every 3rd watering.

Here are the girls from tonight at lights out...
Pic1: blackwater and Candyland
Pic2: kosher sorbet and kosher sour behind her
pic3: dark ghost train haze

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_495870.jpg
image_495871.jpg
image_495872.jpg
image_495873.jpg
Just some room shots of various girls from lights out tonight... These give a good idea of the overall buds that are building up this round... Of course pictures always make things look bigger and better than they really are. Its the final numbers coupled with quality factors that really matter.

Last edited:

Magnificat

Hi All, we are about a week away for most of these girls. It came out fairly decent overall and should finish up with around 13-14z I expect of decent flavorful and potent nugs…

I just gave them 1 more feeding 1-2 waterings ago of 4 notches on my meter (650ppms) of week 8 mix.. 3 6 2 .4 check out the graph on the first page and now flushing till chop..

The kosher sour might need another week so playing that one by ear.. and could get another feeding....

room pics, sorbet, dog and sour pics...

Attachments

• pics-room.JPG
    pics-room.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 38
  • pics-koshersorbet.JPG
    pics-koshersorbet.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 32
  • pics-kosherdog.JPG
    pics-kosherdog.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 36
  • pics-koshersour.JPG
    pics-koshersour.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 38

Magnificat

image_498713.jpg
image_498714.jpg
So I finished up on 6/22 and took down the last on 6/24. Overall I wasn't sure how this round was going to come out but in the end it turned out ok. Definitely not one of my best runs for overall weight but several of the strains turned out to be quite decent and potent.

Here is how I order them from best to worst (if there is a worst).

The sorbet is outstanding. has a nice skunky undertone on exhale I can't get enough of

The dog and sour are decent with the dog probably being the one I like better. sour diesel smells in both but both different. The dog is more "nasty" smelling.
candyland is sweet but still has that churchy undertone I didn't expect. it was weakest for weight but smokes smooth, just not what I expected. a little leafy too.

the blackwater was short and dense and I can't say is anything special. I haven't smoked much of it but its more bland in comparison to the dieselly stinkers of the dog/sour/sorbet.

the DGH hazes smell sweet have that bubblegummy hazy smell but also a little skunkiness also. Was the weakest, the nugs were most leafy and not that dense. It gets me ripped and its good maybe I expect indica traits in a sativa hybrid?

Anyway, here is the order of like.... and then the weights...
kosher sorbet
kosher dog
kosher sour
blackwater
candyland
dgh1/dgh2

here are the totals
6/24/2019 finish

kosher dog 50.60 grams
kosher sour 67.41 grams
sorbet 54.90 grams
blackwater 56.50 grams
dgh1 35.50 grames and 11.77 scraps
dgh2 34.80 grams 18.90 scraps
candyland 27.00 grams
357.38 grams

finally a couple pics of dry nugs. I will take some more over the next few days and post em up. its curing in jars after the initial dry and is finally starting to taste/smell good and not so "fresh"...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_506193.jpg
image_506194.jpg
image_506195.jpg
The boys are back in town, the boys are back in town, the boys are back in TOW OWU OWN...

I know its been a while, but the boys are indeed back in town... My nephew and I have a new set of babies going this time running mostly what was left and free bee packs...

I started with 31 or so seeds and ended up with 10 feminised.. i added 5 more criminalx501 crosses i made so now we have 15 babies going.. I have to wait on the 501 crosses as there could be some males included in the lot.

Its been 3 weeks from seed, and yesterday, 9/14/19 i put them into 1 gallon bags under a high output t5 array.
i will begin some mild feedings on my third or fourth watering from now and then proceed as normal...

Here they are...

Dinafem Critial Cheese
Blue Widow
Dark horse Genetics 3 x DGH dark ghost train haze
DNA Seeds 2 x HGK holy grail kush
Samsara White Spicy Devil
Victory Seeds Red Russian XL
Victory Seeds Green Ninja
PERSONAL CROSS: 5 DNA HGK x Rare Dankness 501st OG, These are regular seeds...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_507693.jpg
image_507694.jpg
image_507695.jpg
Here we are about 2 weeks since the last post and about 1 week away from flipping I would say.

Feeding:
I did one feeding so far of the week 1 mix at very low PPMs, about 120ppms total in 3 cups of water each followed up with 2 more watering events at 3 cups each.

I plan to up the feeding again to 140-160 on the next watering in a couple days. They look good and healthy and branching out.

I have some fungus gnats kicking around but the amounts are minimal.. I am sure all soil growers know the plight of the fungus gnats in bagged soil. I tried coast of maine in the 1 gallons and I am sad to say they had more gnats than fox farms does (which also has them too). So when I transplanted into 5 gallon bags I used fox farms... took 2 full large bags to do the 6 plants.

I am running the following:
critical cheese
blue widow
2 of the DGH dark ghost train haze
samsara spicy white devil
holy grail kush

my nephew got the red Russian xl, green ninja, and all the crosses, plus a holy grail kush and dark ghost train haze also.

some bad news on my nephew.. He ran some killer outdoor this year in their backyard and was drying them in the house with the new babies and sure enough some critters got his. It was aphids so we let loose 1500ct lady bugs, hopefully that gets rid of a lot of them.. We shall see...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_508670.jpg
image_508671.jpg
Boy do they grow quick when given decent conditions... Here they are from 1-2 days ago and coming along nicely. I flipped then already so we are about 5 days from flip...

will post up in a few more days as they finish the stretch....

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_510204.jpg
image_510205.jpg
Here they are from 11/1 approx. 1 week ago and boy did they stretch. I will have to try some changes in my nute schedule on the next round to keep them from stretching so much, but we are one week into flowering here...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_510207.jpg
image_510206.jpg
image_510208.jpg
image_510209.jpg
And another update from today... The stretch is over and most activity we care about is the top 3 feet of canopy, mine just starts a little higher up.. 4 of the 6 are on boxes of various heights so that most of the canopy is at the same level... and I am growing hazes and sativa leaning strains. Ghosttrain Haze, the shortest is the Blue widow seen in picture 2... that last picture must be the samsara spicy white devil. critical cheese is front left in first pic.. it smells great in fact the whole house smells now and its pungent sour and semi sweet smell... resin on leaves and small calyxes at this stage...

As I mentioned I think the P in transition makes them stretch a lot, and next time I will try and keep it down.. I was feeding 1-1-1-4-1-4 mix (see first post) and then went to 3-3-3-2-1-2 and finally 3-1-4-2-1-2 and I think it was too much P in there..

edit: they are really looking good and picking up some steam. I will post new pictures tomorrow..

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_510423.jpg
image_510424.jpg
image_510425.jpg
image_510426.jpg
I wanted to give another update and provide some new pictures to show how they are coming along as well as tell everyone about the day i had yesterday at Harvest cup 2019 in Worcester...
I went there with my nephew who works at Natures Rememdy now, and we had a spectacular day of vendors, booths, but most importantly seeds.
So we start checking out the seed banks and see who is doing cash versus cards and then prcoeed to buy... out last stop was Brothers Grimm which is where
the unexpected happened, Mr. Soul himself was in the booth with 2 others. We got to meet and of course he signed the 3 packs i bought which i have to say are the nicest seeds i've seen in any packs in a long time.

So expect to see many of these show up in the upcoming rounds.. I am siked to run some new genetics and hopefully I will be
attending the Gene Traders Convention this year with the nephew again to see about acquiring more seeds and even possibly clones...

One last thing, I was considering doing some comparison runs with advanced nutrients full line compared to my GH full line and see what happens. This will have to wait till i get
some moms in place and we can have clones of each strain for comparison purposes but I know someone who runs Advanced and he isn't getting quite the results he wants
and so I figured maybe i should run it myself and see if it lives up to the hype...

Here is the list of strains I picked up...

Brothers Grimm
C99
Killer Queen
Princess haze

Dark Horse Generics
Double Lemon pie
Chemberry Diesel
Roid Rage
Slammin Pie

Dank Seeds 6 for 5
Skywalker
gelato OG
super silver haze
wedding cake
jack herer
alien OG

on top of that my nephew grabbed 2 packs for himself..

Symbiotic
Punch Breath

Dark Horse Genetics
Sunny D

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_510902.jpg
image_510901.jpg
image_510900.jpg
image_510899.jpg
Here are some pictures 2 from today and 2 from yesterday in that order. Things are moving along quite nicely and the freebee seeds have been decent.

I am definitely looking forward to running some of those new genetics which I plant to start this weekend using Promix HP. I am sick of fungus gnats in my soils so I plan to start using an inorganic soil instead of fox farms. Let's see how happy I am in 6 months from now...

As for my nephew, his Aphid problem may have come back as there are some visible bugs back underneath some leaves. Not sure but since he is 2-3 weeks into flower we might just let them go and then clean up/shut for a few weeks at the end.. have to see how bad things get.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_511293.jpg
image_511292.jpg
image_511291.jpg
image_511290.jpg
image_511289.jpg
It's time for an update... Here we are with pictures taken at lights out tonight and we are a few days into week 5 so definitely getting close to the finish line...

I will hopefully be starting up the new babies this weekend and if so will post up some seed pics...

I did another feeding on last watering.. 2.5 notches on all and critical cheese got 3.0 notches. this is approx. 380-400 ppms now which as most people know is quite low yet they are doing great.. the smell is strong and throughout the entire house.

pic1: blue widow
pic2: samsara spicy white devil (Reminds me of the old seedbank garlic bud)
pic3: holy grail kush (this doesn't look like holy grail kush, and yet im sure its from the pack)
pic4: Dark Ghost Train Haze
pic5: Critical Cheese (notice the upcurled UNDERFED P def. leaves).. I blasted it with a double feeding before the 3 notches...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_511549.jpg
image_511548.jpg
image_511547.jpg
image_511546.jpg
image_511545.jpg
Hi All, here we are at 5 weeks completed and approx. 3-4 weeks left depending on which girl we are talking about but I will play that by ear... There is what I call "perfect time" to cut a plant down. You know this as it changes and goes through a final transformation where the calyxs swell and go hard as well as the typical crowning you see on the tops at the end... Then check trichs and make sure they are showing what you expect... milky and maybe some amber, etc...

one more thing, the smell is strong on these and these are not even smelly strains.. once I open the door in the morning its minutes before the strong smell overwhelms the house.. I can even smell it OUTSIDE the house and its 4 weeks left to flower...

here they are...

room
blue widow
blue widow again
holy grail kush.. and nothing like kush…
samsara spicy white devil....

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_512059.jpg
So quite a bit of activity has occurred since the last post and as you have seen I tend to pick up the frequency as the grow nears the last couple weeks. We are just at 3 weeks left for all girls and maybe some will be done slightly before then.

I am also preparing for the next round. As I mentioned I bought all the new seeds at the Harvest Cup and last night I started all new seeds.

5 punch breath Symbiotic Genetics
3 sunny D Dark horse genetics
4 Chem Berry Dark horse genetics
3 Lemon Pie Dark horse genetics
3 Slammin Pie Dark Horse Genetics
3 C99 (for male) Grimm genetics
3 Princess Haze Grimm genetics
3 Killer Queen (for male) Grimm genetics
6 Roid Rage regular (for male) Dark horse genetics
3 alien OG from Dank seeds
3 gelato OG from Dank seeds
2 Skywalker from Dank seeds

And since I am short on room and my closets are way too cold to accommodate a proper starting outside of my main grow room, I picked up a grow tent yesterday and put it up. Its a Jardin DS90 which is a 3x3x6' tend. I moved my micro t5 light into there and last night started all the seeds listed above. Once these start breaking out, I will post some pics.

I am preparing for round 2 but also going to keep a few moms and grow out some males for pollen chucking.. :) The idea is, since I have grimm regulars I will grow out some males and hit all the non grimm seeds, and I have a roid rage regular from dark horse looking for males to hit the grimm seeds...

any questions or comments are welcome. These grows just move along without much issues and does allow the plants to show what they can do. Right now the house smells so bad that I get nervous with the smells getting outside despite it being legal in this state...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_513513.jpg
image_513512.jpg
image_513511.jpg
image_513514.jpg
So today I took down 4 girls and tomorrow I plan to take down another and finally Monday the last. It's just over 8 weeks now and most are ready. As for the quality this round, its better than last round but still not the outstanding I was hoping for and here are some details as to why.

3 weeks ago when I did my change to the week9 mix with a 3-6-2-.4 micro, bloom, koolbloom and floralicious plus bloom. I hit them up with 3.5 notches on my meter and due to the lower feeding regimen I use it was a little too hot with pure P and so it caused some issues.

What I saw at that point was the smell dropped off by 50%. I could no longer smell the stuff outside or even on the porch unless the door was opened, mind you it was still strong, just not overwhelming like it was.

second symptom was dryness of the main stems. They didn't have that wet feel to them, that almost oily feel and smell that rubs right off them onto your fingers.

Third symptom was dry leaves on the lower nugs. All smaller leaves were crisping up and losing lushness and changing to odd color schemes.

4th symptom was the pistols from the girls were no longer thick and healthy but thin and wispy like old hair, but after the watering this improved and on my DGH (which will be cut tomorrow and is picture 4) improved almost 100%.

So I did 2-3 good watering with 6 cups of water each or more and just diluted it down and after that it started improving again, so I did a milder 1 notch 140 ppms of same mix and then watered 1-2 times and now cut.

pic1: room
pic2: holy grail kush yesterday and chopped today
pic3: Samsara spicy white devil from yesterday and chopped today
pic4: Dark Ghost Train Haze from today and chopping tomorrow morning after 13 hours darkness...

Last edited:

gardener60

Your girls look great. I just went legal last month. I would like to know where you purchase your strains. I am looking for some vendors that are in good standings and I do not want to lose my money.

Magnificat

I ordered from Herbies Seeds 3 times now and Attitude 1 time and both were legitimate. I used postal money orders to send money there in a mailer (be careful filling it out correctly and sign and date it, I say this cause the postal service forgot to ask me to do the final sign and date and they ended up not sending it out and holding it for 30+ days and sent it back to me), and I also used bitcoin to purchase, ALL orders were received on the first attempts and arrived around 12 days total from sending out the money. (bitcoin of course was faster and payment was instant and they sent out the seeds the next day or 2).

As for breeders I like Barnies Farm a lot, Delicious Seeds was good, I like Grimm and hopefully dark horse pans out, as the DGH I ran last times has been good but not great and I am running several of their strains in the works..

As for MY new seeds, 16 have broke so far and I have another 15-16 left to break, once they are all broke I will provide an updated list.

All the girls have been harvested and I will start trimming during this week... It will be the last weekend I have to buy herbs for a while now with new seeds and mother plants already popping left right and center...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts