What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Something wicked this way comes

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
1. the same two apple kush

2. smaller plant is "dire wolf" and larger is one of the lodi dodi's again.

3. same dire wolf from #2 and a smaller dire wolf, a week apart. and a smaller fresh transplant that i can't remember the name of right now.

4. another one i can't remember shit about.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 18

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
nice d9, looking nice an compact. whats your thoughts on the running the horizontal de bulbs?

thank you! since i have so much time on my hands growing ppk style i thought i'd make plant torture my requisite time consuming hobby.

the de's are much more efficient than moguls. perhaps 50%. i have no way of measuring spectrum accurately but the light using the philips greenpower bulb seems to have a greater blue component. both to my eye and i think it's tightening node spacing as well.

Mr Blah

Looking real nice.
Gmanwho; are you talking about the double ended bulbs or the gavitas using the DE bulbs?

50% more efficient? Please elaborate.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
"50% more efficient? Please elaborate."

i just meant more efficient at converting electricity to plant available radiation.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Lovely...a joy to behold. Any guesses on how gigantically they'll fill that 13'6" ceiling?

i hope not very tall as my scrog net height is 42". i have one plant taller than that already. the net will be 54x54" or 20.25 sq ft.

gmanwho

Veteran
liking the looks of that lodi dodi. looking like some sativa haze action going on. first thought was i like the sativaish blades... then i was like it looks like cousin it from the adams family.

as you are beginning to see the de's are much more efficient. later in flowering if the plants can keep up with turning the light up, you can pack some serious weight. thats if getting the plant not to consume every leaf.

looking good.. b well

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
liking the looks of that lodi dodi. looking like some sativa haze action going on. first thought was i like the sativaish blades... then i was like it looks like cousin it from the adams family.

as you are beginning to see the de's are much more efficient. later in flowering if the plants can keep up with turning the light up, you can pack some serious weight. thats if getting the plant not to consume every leaf.

looking good.. b well

from leafly

"Lodi Dodi is a sativa-dominant hybrid popular in Washington State. Exclusively bred by The Clone Zone, the genetic heritage of Lodi Dodi is undefined and closely guarded. Lodi Dodi carries a sweet, unique flavor of tropical fruit and fresh wildflowers. The pungent aroma leads the way towards a cerebral buzz, known to spark creativity and a boost of energy that will turn any task into a more enjoyable adventure."

mrs d9 had the bud before and really liked it. we've both done the concentrate and it was tasty. the plant is growing like a beast.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
so just a little update on the veg room. we have been adding 2 plants a week to the recirculating system with the 7 gal containers. initially we had very low humidity and were running a humidifier. then as we added plants to the room and they grew larger and the total plant mass went up we dialed the humidifier down.

this last week we removed the humidifier. we have been running the 10 de lights all together on an 8/4/8/4 schedule. but when the lights went out and the ac's brought air temp down to 78f the compressors would stop and humidity would shoot up to the 95-99% range.

so we did two corrections. installed a 70pt per day de-huey and put the lights on a 6/6/6/6 schedule by alternating sides of the room. 5 lights on for 6 hours, then the other 5 on for 6 hours.

figuring the daily light integral using 12 hrs and 1200 umols i get 51.84 moles per diurnal cycle. a huge amount of light. the plants have been on that regime for 5 days now and seem more vigorous than at the 8/4/8/4 schedule which delivered 69.12 moles per cycle.

under the de's i think that the plants hit a "wall" at about 8 hrs under intense lighting say 1200 umols or above. and slowed metabolism. sometimes a slight sagging look to the whole plant.

but setting the lights to alternate in sets created a steady heat load on the room which stabilized the moisture removal rate of the ac's. with the de-huey we can keep the room at any humidity we want. i have been running at about 75% plus or minus 5 24/7. temps usually between 82-86f. co2 at 850 ppm.

mixing solution at about 850 ppm in the volume tanks with a ph of about 6.1 using no ph adjusters. the recirculating res is running at about 780 ppm and 5.9 this morning.

the flower room is ready for plants so i flooded that half the system from the recirculating res in the veg room. we installed a valve to accomplish that. i will then top it from the volume tank.

today is feb 26. we filled the system for the first time dec 4. since then no liquid has been removed from the system except for cleaning each site when a plant is moved. just a quick stiff brush scum buster routine and suck the dirty solution out with the shop vac until it runs clean. so we will be cleaning 4 sites out of 30 per week.

83 days with input only and reading 780 ppm and 5.9 ph.

of course we still haven't reached a full plant load so it's still early to draw conclusions.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
so i'm using regular turface right out of the bag, washed thoroughly but not screened, 50/50 by volume with large, chunky style xlp perlite.

i have used turface/perlite combinations before but never at this particle size and ratio. av8or is the first one to try this mix. he also recommended 1/2 gal every 90 minutes.

so, after a lot of trial and error experimenting with various combinations of duration and interval, i found that the plants like the 1/2 gal every 90 min the best.

this is in these 7 gal tubs.

i'm actually delivering about 72 oz's in 30 seconds.

i think i underestimated the ability of this 38% air filled porosity medium to hold water. i thought it would dry down much faster than it does.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i guess it's time for the "weekend update".

just a few pics for perspiring minds!

i've got 5 in the flower room now and will be moving another in there tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 21

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 14

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 22

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
the flower room. i still have not initiated flower. we put one more in tomorrow and then off we go. i have been running the de's on the 12/12 schedule but leaving the flo's on.
not running the humidifier in the flower room any more. about to have to turn on the quest 155. waiting on timers to arrive.

the reservoir after 90 days of input only. no precipitation. no film on the surface. no cloudy solution. all you see is fine turface particle and some perlite. no airstones, no agitation from pumps. just continuous slow motion movement sufficient to keep the solution homogenized.

today's readings. notice the ph pen says 82f and the ppm meter says 81. the infrared says 81. pretty much normal solution temperature. no rot.

here are 5 of the 9 drums that feed the system. this is where the nutrients are added. currently mixed at 1050 ppm or ec 2.1 and 6.1 ph using no adjusters.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 22

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Damn Delta, looking good! What are you thinking? 4lb each?

hey! how you doing? i'm not thinking about weight. i'm trying to focus on culture and environment.

this is my first scrog and horizontal grow in twelve years and that one was in a closet with one little bitty plant so i think 4 lbs is a bit optimistic.

some of the scrog experts say that 2 oz's per sq ft is great.

i've got 20 sq ft per screen.

but i'm not all dialed in on any strains yet either. so i intend to go through a bunch of strains as fast as possible looking for winners. i have rejected quite a few already because i didn't care for the way they were shaping up or perhaps because they were really slow or weak plants.

there seems to be a type of structure that some sativa/indica hybrid types have that is good for scrogging.

gmanwho

Veteran
looks sweet!!! let them babies grow on!!! really dig the setup. clean. simple an effective!!! im really impressed!!! your gonna destroy the 2zper sq ft with the right cuts in there!! no reason u shouldnt get 3 or 4! seriously. betting because of your experience those rooms are 90% dialed in already

C.O.B.

Lovely scrogs and beautiful girls!!! Brings a bit of nostalgia back. Can't wait to see the girls beast the screen out.
Question. I ordered 4 eco plus 185's Friday night. Was in harbor freight today and saw some pond fountains.
This one. http://www.harborfreight.com/158-gph-submersible-fountain-pump-63315.html
Saw it mentioned in use in another thread I think it was a Ppk thread. Got it for $7.74 with the harbor freight 20% off coupon. Wadda think of it? I grabbed it just to test. If it'll do the job, gonna cancel that order. Lol I just can't wait!!!

Also, I grabbed a couple 2 gal buckets to run also. I'll run 3 diff Ppk setups. The 7gal tub on a 3.5, the 3.5's stacked and a 2gal on a 3.5. I have a feeling I don't veg long enough to do the 3.5's stacked. It's the only Ppk running atm. With the turf ace and perlite mix I have left, the 7 gal tug won't leave me with but 1 other ppl to fill. This is just to find out which combo will suit my space/s. D9, thank you sir. I am Ppk addicted.

*edit to ad. I also nabbed a couple of those tuff totes 14gal (for now) for my pump res'. I'm thinking it will suffice. 3-4 pumps drawing about a gallon combined per pulse.

Peace.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Much more than the usual 600 ppm. Is that because of the new lights or ???

In any event, looks great as always.

thank you! yep, the lights are driving the metabolic rate throught the roof! last lights on i checked the flower room about 1.5 hrs into the period and got 84.6f with 65% rh and 790 ppm co2. enough air movement to make every leaf move slightly.

the veg room is 83f and 78% a few hours ago with co2 running at about 650 ppm.

there is enought plant mass in the room to pull co2 down to about 300 ppm without supplementation.