What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi mexican thanks for your support, much appreciated.

ErdPurt has strong tendencies to autoflower indoors when kept in the mother room for a long time.
As stated in the strain description of our website > Additional Information > Growing tips:

Some plants may show semi autoflowering traits when grown below 45° latitude, especially if the root space is limited with small pots. To keep mother plants indoors, we recommend high photoperiods of 20/4, and don't restrict the root space with small pots.

As you can read in this page, Grower -Right- managed to keep his ErdPurt selection in clone form.
Also quoting myself from this page:

ErdPurt feminized version was produced using less parental plants, therefore the femenized version has narrower genetic diversity.

On the other hand, last ErdPurt regular reproduction was reproduced using many different parental plants from different lines so the regular version is more diverse. One of the reasons to do a regular reproduction using such wide genetic diversity it's to try to preserve maximum number of traits from the line and as a repository of diversity and health for the preservation of the line in good shape for long term, since ErdPurt is quite inbred, and indicas like this one easily lose the vigor and yield after too much inbreeding.

Both regular and feminized versions are basically same genetics.

If you set properly the growing variables of your indoor growing space then the outdoor conditions doesn't matter at all.

Sipina

A few months ago I got the Erdpurt seeds but I started germinating them yesterday, putting 6 seeds in the soil. Let's hope they germinate well! Regarding all the info about it this will be a strain very well suited to my taste and need. I'm very excited to grow it out. Will keep you updated here in the next weeks.

My plan is to make some bud to taste it and use it, however a bigger priority is to make many more seeds for my future ideas regarding growing and breeding. I would like to test Erdpurt in the alps the next season.

Sipina

ErdPurt babies coming out of soil. Out of 6 seeds all 6 germinated in 3 to 5 days. I'm considering putting another 6 seeds to work with a little bigger gene pool and with some luck I might find all the different phenotypes hidden in there.

Attachments

• erdpurt babies.jpg
    erdpurt babies.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 89

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to our room on ICMag @Sipina :) and thank you very much for supporting our ErdPurt release (y)
Glad you got perfect germination rate! Are you growing the regular or the feminized version ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag @Asaharax! Great to see your pink ErdPurt finishing outdoors finishing at 55º :love:
The faster finishers within ErdPurt line are the very purple phenos (both leaf and flower) leaning more towards Purpurea Ticinensis. The green expressions (pink pistiled or not) tend to start slower the flowering outdoors.
Would love to see some close ups of the flowers if you have the chance.

Thanks for the updates @Sipina :D Looking healthy and chunky in your last update! How are they doing one month later ? Did you already flip to flower ?

Asaharax

Welcome to ICMag @Asaharax! Great to see your pink ErdPurt finishing outdoors finishing at 55º :love:
The faster finishers within ErdPurt line are the very purple phenos (both leaf and flower) leaning more towards Purpurea Ticinensis. The green expressions (pink pistiled or not) tend to start slower the flowering outdoors.
Would love to see some close ups of the flowers if you have the chance.

Thanks for the updates @Sipina :D Looking healthy and chunky in your last update! How are they doing one month later ? Did you already flip to flower ?
unfortunately there are no closer pictures, but the buds were quite dense and without mold, and this is not the last photo, the harvest was on October 9, of course I wanted another week to bloom, but as it is, the effect of smoking is very relaxing, without paranoia, this season I will plant more, I pollinated, Erdpurt's dad, this mother Erdpurt, I will turn to you for advice

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you got a nice harvest of dense indica relaxing flowers without mold @Asaharax and that you are enjoying the finished product (y) The male looks great and should produce nice offspring.

-Rioht-

Thanks for the feedback @dubi.

We are having one of the hottest/driest falls I've ever experienced on the west coast of Canada. Nothing but sun and blue skies for the forecast so I'm gonna push it a bit more :).

Also yes, successfully took a clone and it's growing happily in my wardrobe. Got 2 clones I took off the new mother waiting to root as well, which will be part if my winter breeding run.

Following up from my previous post. I have managed to keep my erdpurt clone alive and happy in a smaller pot without forcing into flower.

My clone has been keeping well in a half gallon pot, under 20w of light on 20/4 cycle with no signs on flowering. I have also been keeping the plant a bit smaller by trimming it, and have also cut the roots back twice since October.

I have now moved the plant into a ~12inch bonsai pot and will see if I can keep this mother indefinitely in a vegetative state.

I had also previously planned a winter breeding project but I put that on hold to restock my personal supply of medical flower and have also secured some sour tsunami seeds that I am hoping will cross well with erdpurt (using a clone i took from this mother already). Hopefully something from that project on late spring 2023.

Attachments

• 20230119_220534.jpg
    20230119_220534.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
  • 20230119_220539.jpg
    20230119_220539.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Happy to hear your ErdPurt mother is still alive and not showing auto-semi autoflowering tendencies @-Rioht- (y) All the best for 2023 and for your projects with her!

51°

Past year I crossed an ultra early (non-autoflowering) Erdpurt male with an Auto Malawi Northern Lights female.
What can I expect from the offspring? Will these all be early or autoflowering phenos, or will there be late phenos anyway?

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
420giveaway
You have to cross Auto x Auto to get Auto Offspring i think. With regular strains x autos it's a lot of breeding work.

I also crossed the Auto Malawi x Northern Lights with a regular Male. Got a nice new strain but not autoflowering. Maybe you can get some early phenos, you will see...

@-Rioht-
Blue & Yellow... nice colours! :giggle: