What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LST and prune for no popcorn

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
but...im not you so...

i can instruct you in so many ways you wouldn't even know where to start.
picture.php

Yes, that much is clear. You've truly refined the art of growing solely for the hash pile.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=35356&pictureid=835185

w99_7w_006s.jpg

w99_7w_004s.jpg

w99_W2_005s.jpg

As you can see by the plants above, as well as the examples I posted in this thread, such amazing degree of competence escapes my reach. Please teach me. No matter how I try, I can only produce plants like these - gargantuan globs of stacked flower mass hard as a rock. How do you do that fluffy, no-weight thing with all of your grows? What's your secret?

Simon

Last edited:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
what was it... 5x600w? lol sooo hard to grow plants with that much lights, and all kinds of co2 and meters and whatever else you got up your sleeve.

i do it with the least, and i bet i still grow better weed than you.
also, no one was arguing with you i was pointing out that he was already doing lst. then you came along with your king of the world bs.

hardmode /out

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
what was it... 5x600w? lol sooo hard to grow plants with that much lights, and all kinds of co2 and meters and whatever else you got up your sleeve.

For the sake of accuracy, I grow with three ingredients - aside from the obvious (ie. lights and an attempt to maintain a stable environment) - Pro-Mix, and Jack's Classic All-Purpose and Blossom Booster. IIRC, I posted a basic feeding regimen earlier in the thread. No CO2.

Best of luck.

Simon

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

NL/BB from seed.

Simon

Attachments

• NLBB 001.jpg
    NLBB 001.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 31
  • cutNLBB.jpg
    cutNLBB.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 29
  • cutNLBB2.jpg
    cutNLBB2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
attachment.php

Same NL/BB plant as above with its clone that's due for harvest in ~3 weeks. It promises to be a bit bigger.

Simon

Attachments

• NLBBcompro.jpg
    NLBBcompro.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 34
  • NLBBclone.jpg
    NLBBclone.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 35

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
attachment.php

This Original Amnesia plant worked out really well. It sat under 600s for the first 6 weeks of bloom, then under 1Ks for the other 4. It occupied about a square foot of floorspace and it yielded a hair over 4oz dry from seed. I will make more. :dance013:

FWIW, the other individual ended up a bit over 3oz.

Simon

Attachments

• FreeSeeds 011.JPG
    FreeSeeds 011.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 35

MainelyOrganics

very attractive ladies you've got in those photos.

i am especially interested in the nl X bb and the og Amenesia. i have one of each that will hit the flower room about a month from now.

your yields are impressive to say the least. i hope to do half as good :tiphat:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Those NLxBB plants are absolute monsters. How long did you veg them so they'd get that big?

-Funk

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Those NLxBB plants are absolute monsters. How long did you veg them so they'd get that big?

-Funk

Those plants got a lot bigger than I expected. The plant from seed was vegged for ~5 weeks and the clone for about the same time.

Some new pics:

picture.php

Blue Widow.

picture.php

NY47. This is the single tallest plant I've grown out indoors. Another surprise from seed.

picture.php

Here you can see the scale of the NY47 next to the Blue Widow.

Simon

wow simon .. amazing ! now its official i am ordering wwXbb seeds. thats how i try to grow my plant but i am new to indoor. i have 2 400watt hps lights .. i have been dreaming on plants like that. i am ordering seeds here in a week. i will bve getting sharks breath and wwXbb . what kinda light you running

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

wow simon .. amazing ! now its official i am ordering wwXbb seeds. thats how i try to grow my plant but i am new to indoor. i have 2 400watt hps lights .. i have been dreaming on plants like that. i am ordering seeds here in a week. i will bve getting sharks breath and wwXbb . what kinda light you running

I veg under 2x600HPS' and flower with 600s and 1Ks: Quantum and Galaxy ballasts, Blockbuster hoods, GE600HPS and Sylvania1000HPS lamps.

Some examples of FMS WWxBB clones above. It's a very gratifying strain to grow. Very easy to work with and it yields extremely well.

Simon

Last edited:

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

NL/BB with 2 weeks veg. Got a little scared by the size of the first seed I flowered (seen earlier in the thread).

picture.php

album.php

picture.php

As I had the plants pulled out, a shot of all four. All, other than Vareno, were flowered under 600HPS. The rest is the same as always: Pro-Mix, Jack's Classic ferts, LST'd and pruned as per this thread.

Simon

joedogsong

Hey Simon, good job riding out the 'mud'...
When you flip to 12/12 have you removed all of the side branching and then the bud size is determined by the stretch of the plant or do you leave some of the branching at the end of the primary stem?
thanks

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Hey Simon, good job riding out the 'mud'...
When you flip to 12/12 have you removed all of the side branching and then the bud size is determined by the stretch of the plant or do you leave some of the branching at the end of the primary stem?
thanks

This is an excellent question. I prune all side branching, leaving no side branches at all on the stem. The size of the bud is ultimately determined by the stretch of the plant, as you say. Nothing else is pruned. No leaves are removed; some the foliage below the canopy falls away during the course of flowering.

Simon

Seedlin

Maybe it's me but those palnts seem short. Mine are chest high with buds that size. I did some LST and pruning on mine. They are bag seed, my first indoor run. This is today at 11 weeks flower under 1000k. I haam germinating 3 pineapple express amd 3 fruity chronic juicy for my next run...

cannabuster

Hey simon, ive been following your thread for a bit (great info btw) and i have some questions id like YOU to answer and not 'stihgnobevoli' because his plants look depressed, sad and worse than my first grow efforts.

Anyway my first Q is if im doing this right:

Its a dinafem White widow grown from seed, about 3 weeks old or so. 12/12 from seed because I dont have a seperate veg room yet.
cHAU0.jpg

2nd Q is about your NLxBB. Im growing 2 World of Seeds NLxBB and they have been really hitting their stride after a really rough start:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242843

I tried some late LST on them because i was running out of space and so much of the lower canopy was without light (im under T5s) but i untied them pretty soon into flower and the results have been mixed. I suppose it is vital to begin LST fairly early?

Also, regarding the NLxBB, how was the quality of smoke? Ive heard pretty good reviews but some people say BB is really mid grade stuff and im worried it will bring the NL down. Although my girls are looking REALLY frosty at week 3 of flower.

Anyway, great thread and ignore the jerks. The proof is clearly in the pictures.

Cheers

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Simon , Ignore the trolls ... you know what your doing & I am really glad to have tutorials like this around . Thanx Bro :thank you: :tiphat:

I recently moved & I had to set up in an attic & cuz of it my headroom is only 32" from the top of my pots to the shield on my lights . this training method is going to be a lifesaver for me . I'm used to growing 4' bushes & to have to keep them under 30" is not going to be easy , so i started looking around IC for ideas when i remembered this thread . took a quick look again & started on my new grow method . Thanx again Brother !!!

heres some pics .
they're in 2 gallon buckets of canna coco with some perilite on the bottom & some DE mixed into the coco for the silica . they're seedlings from Dutch grown ... Magenta99 & killer queen redux .

right after transplanting ....
DSC01452.jpg

I gave them a few days to build a root system & grow an inch or 2 then i tied them bitches up LOL
DSC01536.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

they've got the next 10 days or so to grow out a little then they get put into the flower room under my 600's . I figure the next 30 days should give me enough to get some decent bushes & to be able to grab some cuts .

thanx again simon ... see ya on the forums bro