What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm ready to plant...which seeds???

Mojave Dave

Hi all,

Okay, I finally have a little Tupper Ware bowl full of all sorts of seed bank seeds in their original little packs from all over the place. I obtained these seeds through barter deals with seed banks.

I have my new grow box-- custom-built for me by my brother-in-law in exchange for a little of the end product-- and I have all the assorted goodies. I own a brand new heated propagator to germ the seeds in, I have Canna nutes (I have a gallon of each of the Flroa and the Vega...that was a good barter deal!), all of the expensive additives, Jiffy Pellets, all sizes of Rockwool, etc. I just can' decide what to plant for my very first soil grow! I'm as spoilt for choice as a little boy with a pocket full of coins in a toy shop.

I am a medical user/grower with severe pain issues (I must wear a Morphine patch 24/7 now) and a serious appetite problem due to my illness (I've gone from 160 pounds down to 135 pounds in a little over a year). I am really hoping you folks can suggest what YOU would plant if you were in the same situation with the same options.

I thoroughly enjoy a super-strong "head high" as this takes my mind away from my physical issues and I'm actually able to enjoy myself while I am self-medicating. I need the absolute strongest, hardest-hitting high possible out of the seeds I have available to me. I have grown (hrdoponocally) Heavy Duty Fruity which, due to my beginner status as a grower, did absolutely nothing for my pain. I also brought two Skunk #1's to fruition in hydro at the same time, but they failed to impress either.
I am now more experienced, better armed with sage information and all the gear I should require for this next grow.
By the way, I can grow three different strains in this grow as I have room in the new grow box for three large pots...approximately four gallon size. So I need to select three starins to plant.

With all that in mind, here are the strains I have. By the way, I actually asked this question before I was ready to plant, and now I have a bunch more strains to choose from. Life is tough, eh? *smile*

The strains I have are: Ice, Northern Lights, Durban Poison, Swazi Skunk, Northern Bright, Super Thai X Skunk, White Widow, Neville's Haze, Jack Herer, Bubblegum, Master Kush, and White Rhyno. That's an even dozen. I should start my own bank! *smile*

So, what do you think? Which three strains would be the best choices for me and my particular needs? Also, please suggest the very best type of soil I should purchase, as well as any additives I should include in the soil mix for use in the pots for these three strains (yet to be named).

Thanks folks for any guidance you can give me. I appreciate all your time and wonderful advice given out in this forum!

Mojave Dave

Dr. D

Veteran
Hi Mojave Dave, with wot u have there for medicianl reasons id go with Northern Lights its strong hard hitter iv heard its good for pain also the Master kush (if its crosed with skunk#1) and also White Rhino is supposed to be a good med strain so iv read anyway i dont kno from experience...peace

G

Hi Dave!!
Nice selection of strains you got there.....Northern Lights could be great pain killer for it's strong narcotic body high....I also like very much Durban Poison for it's nice heady high so that could be number two....and last but not least Neville's Haze, I haven't try it ever but heard lots of good about it.....those are my recommendations....
-BG-

G

This is my opinion on Canna-meds - sativa's are nice - but they tend to get you & your mind active = this & real pain do not always mix - Indicas relax my body more, make me hungry & seam to help my pain more.

I would suggest you run Northern lights/Master Kush/Bubblegum

If you need any help ask away & someone here will guide you /

Helpful threads;

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=4986

Many blessings on cannabis helping your quality of life - pain sucks -

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
can I suggest another purchase?
Black Dom would put a wounded tiger on its ass.

G

I'm a new grower but have experience growing seedlings with 3 different brands of commercially available soils (mixed in ~25% pearlite in each). My water is quite hard and alkaline; I've used a filter pitcher for seedlings and later started using lime juice to lower PH (seems to work well).

I first tried Supersoil brand pottting soil, the seedlings grew into big plants ok but seemed to grow quite slow with some withering of lower foliage.

Started another batch of seedlings and this time Supersoil wasn't available so I went with EcoGrow soil. The seedlings grew terribly slow with lots of die off in this soil. Drainage was poor, soil got a really hard consistency after a while, it probably could have used extra pearlite and more PH down adjustment.

Latest batch of seedlings were planted in Black Gold potting soil. The soil was kind of expensive but the plants seem to absolutely love this stuff, they are growing incredibly fast and vigorously compared to the others. I think there is a lot of peat moss in this BG soil and it is more acidic than the other 2 soils I've tried. Highly recommend this stuff.

I've heard good things about the various Pro Mix soils but they aren't available in my area.

I've got no clue on the seeds question. :confused: Good luck on your grow and with your pain issues, growing is a great way to stay active! :wave:

nycnoob

Just like everyone said I hear Northern Lights should solve a lot of your medical problems.. or the Bubblegum..do you have a grow thread somewhere I can follow?

G

yea i heard black domina is a gooden for pain and sleep.. As i need sleep strains..
peace..There is also LUI, U.B.C Chemo, i also heard someone say blueberry helped there situation. Trainwreck.. the 3 lil birds also have something called mistress midori. i think its herijuana x black domina like for 25-30 bux.. I believe..peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has adopted some new family members.. LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

G

Jack Herer, White Rhyno, Northern Lights are all top of the notch medical strians the should help with you particular medical needs while fulfilling your
I thoroughly enjoy a super-strong "head high" as this takes my mind away from my physical issues and I'm actually able to enjoy myself while I am self-medicating. I need the absolute strongest, hardest-hitting high possible out of the seeds I have available to me.
requirement.

G

Sacko is on the right track. The UBC Chemo, LUI, and Trainwreck hybrids(if ya can't get the strait deal TW) are all excellent for pain and fatigue.

I have grown all three, the LUI and Trainwreck I grew and continue to grow. The TW has a very heady buzz and a all over body numbing effect. You joints will literally tingle and get warm as you forget you even have legs or a lower back. LUI is killer for appetite, nausua and sleep. Black Dominia is another full on insomnia cure, smoke with pillow in hand.

I have grown strait UBC Chemo and Orange Chemo both are tops for nausua and fatigue.

Out what you already have I would lean hard towards the White Widow and White Rhino both are killer med strains.

Drop me a pm Dave if ya need some support

Take care

Tex

G

There ya go dave who more to have help you out.. But TK.
He definately knows his pooh pooh.. Pick his brain big time.. :yoinks: ..
Have fun you will learn alot in that PM alone.. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has updated 1 flowering plant LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

G

TK has it right, of what you have White Rhino, White Widow work for the pain.

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Black Domina is the oldest medical strain i know about...(not the best)

Can anyone name an older one?

Growdoc

Last edited:
G

Black Dominia helps with sleep and a racing mind for sure but must admit other than being super blazed high, it doesn't do much for my pain.

Get some Black Widow out of Mr. Nices new stock or Medicine man, another tasty subject.

Tex

G

ya wanna kill pain big time, just take a dose of godbud.

Dave, out of the strains you mentioned I would say the Jack Herer, Super Thai x Skunk, and Northern Lights. You can combat the sedativeness of the Northern Lights by mixing in some Herer or some other sat.