What's new

Past University breeding program?

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I think this would be the right forum for this question so here goes. Have any of you ever heard of a grow/breeding program that was going on at a University in Washington state about 25 or so years ago? My understanding is that this breed that was developed had a very strong skunky smell with more sativa type influences. Dark green folage with some purpleish tint to the stalks, growth up to and over 8 foot. Any knowledge out there about this? :chin:

resinryder

Veteran
I was told about this yesterday by a very credible source who has kept this strain alive in clone form. Am just courious if anyone has heard of this line.

I'm sure you'll find people posting all kinds of information related to this but its all rumor. This sounds similar to many of th G13 stories. Get the cut (and share it), make up a name and it'll be just as accurate as any name or info you can find on this kind of thing. If this person actually got this cut from the university then he is probably the only person you'll find that'll know more about it then you. If he just got it from someone who got it from someone who got it from the school then I'd just forget the whole origin story and enjoy the strain. The dark green foliage and the purpling sounds a lot like G13 thats been around (pacifics and JLP's bx seeds) but the sativa part doesnt really seem to fit with what I've seen from those plants. Goodluck.

resinryder

Veteran
Yeah I know what you mean about the rumor mill. This preson got the cut from someone close to the breeding program. Didn't come from friend of a friend of a friend. Can't disclose that here. They will be growing this again this summer for their 25th year. This person doesn't even know that there could be potential intrest in this clone. Has only grown for themselves and never shared it with anyone. Over 60 and paranoid if you know what I mean. Did the U.of Miss. -where G13 is rumored to have originated- share with others for research or other reasons? I don't know. But the chance to grow out 25 year old genetics that they claim is as ass kicking today as it was back then is too good to pass up. Am trying to get a cut of this to see for myself.

G

1984 u of w hashplant

thats what you're talking about

makes red clear dome dry sieve

there is only one person i know of for a fact and another that most probably has it that has the original 1983 Sandy W G13 clone still alive.

:)

resinryder

Veteran
Thanks for the info danimal. That's what I was looking for. Any more info on this strain? Would it be worth getting one of these?

G

the people with the G13 clone will not give it out

i know for a fact

as they use it for breeding and when they do they do not even disclose the fact that it is in the lineage.

the 1984 hashplant is good if you can get it i would

resinryder

Veteran
Thanks. I'll see what I can do. Just hope this will work out and be worth it. The description yesterday had me drooling. The person involved couldn't understand why I was so intrested in what they were telling me.

G

Yes I think what you are talking about is called U DUb. It was sent to the Uof Washington from the Mississippi facility in the late 60's first part of the 70's, but I'm like 99% sure that it's NOT the same cut as the imfamous G-13 cut, but still REALLY kick ass. Yes it would be well worth getting not only is it some HARDCORE sit you down for the day hash plant, but if it's a pure cut( never been crossed) then it would also be some very rear genetics for sure.

G

U of W? weird I never heard of this!

The danimal, Is the info top secret, or can you reveal who still might have the fabled g13? :D

G

well if the person wants to chime in

they can.

but i know it aint fabled its the real deal that they got man :)